Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jealous boyfriend cannot handle my weight loss!

The worst relationship I have ever been in sounds a whole lot like this one. I thought I was so in love and could not think of us not being together.

Almost one year after our break-up, I look back and can't believe what I put up with and how unhealthy that relationship was. I am SO HAPPY to have moved on.

I have felt like that with all of my exes! I think I will be really happy to move on, just need the strength to do so

Girl. Leave his butt and go do you. Any man that would say that to you is wrong. You are young and have so much to look forward too. You dont need a man to hold you back and you dont know who is out there waiting to find you. Go have fun and live your life without regrets. Plus if he's been jealous the whole time then he has some major issues going on with HIM and it's probably something he wont ever get over. just my opinion.

thanks...I may give him 1 more chance, then if that dont work then oh well..ill even suggest counseling again...n then I wont try anymore...cuz u cant change anyone

Thanks guys!

The truth be known, u have changed and there's nothing wrong with that.....u need to get out and enjoy life or U will regret it. Ur boyfriend needs to put on his big boy pants and shake off his anxiety an go out and have fun with u. This is a perfect time to go get some counseling. :)

Kick him to the curb. He is a child. Go find yourself a man that will treat you right.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

thanks...I may give him 1 more chance' date=' then if that dont work then oh well..ill even suggest counseling again...n then I wont try anymore...cuz u cant change anyone

Thanks guys![/quote']

Sounds to me you've already tried. Trouble with one more chance is it's simply a way of avoiding dealing with what you know deep down has to happen.

Theres always 3 sides of the story. Your side, his side, and the truth. But at the end of the day when it is all said and done you gotta do what's gonna make you happy.. :) best of luck to you. :)

R.U.N!

Like your life depended on it. This is not how best friends treat each other. This is not supportive. Honey you are WAY too young to be dealing with drama! This is not about you changing and becoming one of those "skinny b**ches" he should live that you feel good about yourself, not tear you down! "Remember I wanted you when no one else would"????? HELL NO! Remind him that you put up with his B.S. when no one else will but that your patience has about run out! Tell him if he needs to be with someone whos insecure about themselves to make himself feel better, you are not the girl for him. You deserve someone that is crazy about you not someone's who's just crazy.

I know this is a hard situation. I was in a relationship that was similar but different. My ex of 3 years was my best friend. I loved him so much, would do anything for him, support him and was a mother to his kids when there real mom was nowhere to be found. But behind closed doors he was what they call a "feeder" and he was trying to control me and force me into gaining weight. I've struggled with weight my whole life and having someone that loved the fat me was wonderful. But I knew it wasn't healthy and I couldn't continue to be with this person that was 85% perfect for me. Leaving him was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but I did it. One year later I was sleeved and I've now lost a total of 115lbs. And only have 10 more lbs to lose to be under 200lbs!!!!! I feel so much better. Do I miss him? Every damn day. But I'm now in a relationship with a man that supports me and loves me and wants me to be happy and succeed, no matter what.

My point is that even if you can't see it now... There is a whole world out there for you. He is not it. You need a partner... Not an anchor.

Best of luck to you sweetie.

You need a partner... Not an anchor.

I love how you pretty much sum it all up in those words and it gives a very distinct mental image.

MsFab......

I am so sorry this is happening, but when someone shows you who they are believe them! You can't always believe what they "tell" you, believe what they "show" you. If he is showing you that he is not a "go out and party person" then he probably won't change, if he is showing you that he is jealous, then he is. Love is not jealous. If he really was into you and the relationship he would be willing to do more of the things you want to do. Shouldn't have to get cussed out, because he don't want to grow up. Please, you are a pretty girl, you are young, don't waste your time. RUN!!!!!!!! :) -Missymellie33

Also, when you break from him, don't go back...seriously the jealous ones are the crazy ones..if you know what I mean. I'm just saying, be careful!

thanks...I may give him 1 more chance, then if that dont work then oh well..ill even suggest counseling again...n then I wont try anymore...cuz u cant change anyone

Thanks guys!

MsFab.....

Does he really deserve another chance? One more chance to do what? Hurt you, curse you, falsely accuse you, be jealous of you? Emotionally abuse you? Which one? I am just saying....

Kick him to the curb. He is a child. Go find yourself a man that will treat you right.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

That's it, T3.

From the viewpoint of a father of a girl that married an emotionally stunted, self-centered, girly man who put her through hours and hours of verbal abuse before she finally was rid of him...it is so not worth it. Unless you want to be his therapist for the rest of your life find a MAN.

Why wait for him to hurt you again? He will do it repeatedly. You posted this for a reason and you are looking for answers. Everyone here has given you the answer you wanted to hear, so now it's time to take care of you. Get out before you get hurt again. A wise woman takes care of them self. Of course I mean no harm, but this is a reality check. I hope you make a healthy decision.

I'm going to take a slightly different approach and say that it IS in fact YOU that has changed. You're getting healthy and learning to live with the new you. Let's be honest, that is going to change anyone. Embrace the fact that you are different, it's not a bad thing. He may be trying to guilt you into feeling you should be ashamed of what you have accomplished. That is more about him than you.

What I am hearing is that you like the person you are becoming and that is great!! You deserve a chance to allow yourself to become the person you really want to be. It's rare in life that someone can reinvent themselves at our ages and yet we're doing it. You said that you were a homebody just like he is and now you want to go out. That is a change on your part. He still wants to stay in and that's fine. But it's not what you want anymore!

Accept that your personality types just don't mesh anymore. You have gone through surgery to become the person you want to be for the rest of your life. Do you really want to spend the rest of your life with someone who wishes to experience life differently than you do?