Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgeons in Cleveland Ohio?

I am scheduled for surgery at St. Vincent's with Dr. Ben Meir on March 4th. While I wouldn't hesitate to go to Cleveland Clinic if my insurance would not pay for St. Vincent's' date=' I totally agree with everything that was also mentioned above. I am so eager for the next week to fly by! I know I am in great hands![/quote']

hey sweetie how did ur surgery go?? hope all is well and ur recovery is going good!

Hey there! I just had my consult at st Vincent's this past Friday! Loved! Meeting dr Ben - Meir! He seems to be a VERY competent surgeon and his stats are awesome! I just started my 3 month diet so my surgery won't be for a few months yet but after my Consult I'm so glad I choose st Vincent's. thank you for your input on them! How are you doing after your surgey?

Hey there! I just had my consult at st Vincent's this past Friday! Loved! Meeting dr Ben - Meir! He seems to be a VERY competent surgeon and his stats are awesome! I just started my 3 month diet so my surgery won't be for a few months yet but after my Consult I'm so glad I choose st Vincent's. thank you for your input on them! How are you doing after your surgey?

Unfortunately I too was working with Cc and was asked (by a friend) to at least attend one of Dr Ben-Meir informational meetings at Saw Mill Creek. My husband and I instantly fell in love with dr Ben-Meier. However I only wish I had the same experience as some of you speak of. From the very first appointment it was nothing more than a complete run around, My advocate DIane was the most unorganized, lazy, and not very truthful person I have ever met. However being so impressed with the Dr. I continued to press on. Then in May I get a call that Dr Ben-Meier left St V's and left no information as to where he was going. I have since returned to the Cleveland Clinic were all is going just as smoothly as when I got side tracked at St V's. PLEASE don't confuse St V's with Dr Ben-Meier but I feel extremely put off by the entire process of Dr Ben-Meier leaving and no word to all the patients he rudely left hanging and the staff at St Vs has much to be desired before I would ever recommend anyone going there.

I didn't have the same experience, though I was able to find Dr Ben- Meir at Lake health ( lake west and Tripoint hospitals). I actually went through to the end at st Vincent's and had my surgery date if 08/12 when I found him and decided to switch. My new date is 10/14 and I'm so happy to have found him- he had great stats- over 4000 surgeries and never a leak! He left at the end of may and Lake Health was late in getting out his info on the Internet. He wouldn't have been able to take any patient info with him and they were not able to tell us where he went! Hope things are going well for you at CC. Did you get a date yet?

I didn't have the same experience' date=' though I was able to find Dr Ben- Meir at Lake health ( lake west and Tripoint hospitals). I actually went through to the end at st Vincent's and had my surgery date if 08/12 when I found him and decided to switch. My new date is 10/14 and I'm so happy to have found him- he had great stats- over 4000 surgeries and never a leak! He left at the end of may and Lake Health was late in getting out his info on the Internet. He wouldn't have been able to take any patient info with him and they were not able to tell us where he went! Hope things are going well for you at CC. Did you get a date yet?[/quote']

Yes I got a date FINALLY!!! Sept 30!! Did Ben Meier say anything about the way he left???

Yay! You will be getting done before me- keep me posted on how your doing!

Ben- Meir said that the new hospital was supposed to advertise him moving to Lake Health the week after he left St Vincent's but for some reason they were late in doing it. St Vincent's wouldn't have told us if they did know because they didn't want to lose the patients. I guess a lot of patients are moving over to Lake from Vincent's now. I'm just happy I found him!

Sohio, Dr. Ben-Meir couldn't let patients know where he was going for contractual reasons I'm sure. I always had great experiences, with the staff, especially my dietitian and patient advocate (her name was Sherry). Also, the practice sent me a letter that Dr. Ben-Meir was leaving and told me who I could use there for my follow-up care. I'm sorry that you didn't have a good experience, but Dr. Ben-Meir is an amazing surgeon who is very technically skilled and cares about his patients. He always goes above and beyond. I know the staff were really disappointed that he left St. Vincent's.

I can relate to how not knowing why a when Dr Ben Meir left St Vincents. I just could not swallow it very well but I felt if I did find out where and when he opened up a new center I would be changing. I do not know how his replacement

Dr Hassan would have been and I could not swallow having him instead of Ben Meir. I researched Ben Meir thoroughly and was very happy with choosing him to do my sleeve. Even though I had to settle for the replacing Dr Hassan I found little about him. So when I heard he opened up new office in Willoughby Hills I got on the phone and got it restarted. Changed up to my original choice. Plus the PCP (Dr Jurcevic) Dr Ben Meir chose for my 6 mth Med Super Diet was 80% better than St Vincents Dr Salomon. I could not be happier. Brook is great, Claudia is too> They have a new receptionist Cindy who is sweet as well. I am tickled pink it all worked out great!

Personally I feel the Dr's are great a CC but the hospital care stinks. That just my experience.

Never been to West Medical Center or to TriPoint Medical Center but it will be one of those Hospitals for the surgery. He has begun renovating a wing for Bariatric Surgery at TriPoint Medical Center but in my case it may not be ready by my surgery date and if not I will be having it done West Medical Center. Both hospital are

from Lake Health.

I was working with St. V's and had submitted to insurance using Ben-meir when he left. I stayed and had my surgery with Hassan.

I was sleeved 7/31.

I was overjoyed to nit have Ben-Meir. To me he seemed to have a "God" complex. He would change my life. HE would be the catalyst to a better future...not the SURGERY. Hassan was humble and down to Earth even though he was heavily sought by THREE hospitals. St. V got him and I couldn't be happier. I love the staff at St. V's. I also had Diane for a patient advocate and she put up with my crazy when United Healthcare made a big deal about the surgeon change.

I think Hassan should have not done such a good job because I have had no problems and can eat anything! My only issue with St. V's stems from Hassan's PA. She can't let go of their old program. I am being told one way of doing things by the regular St V staff and she will tell me to do something else "but don't tell anyone she said that". It is confusing.

St. V's has an amazing bariatric unit too! My night nurse, Renita, was amazing and so upbeat! And The day nurse, Mary Pat sent me a card at home and said to come back sothey could see my progress! I loved my whole experience from intake through discharge!!!

So happy to hear you are doing good! I think it's more of a personal choice with who you end up with doing your surgery. How much have you lost so far? Even though you can eat anything, are you finding that the sleeve is helping you control that?

I lost 42 pounds pre-surgery and only 20 post op. the sleeve didn't appear restrictive until I got to solid foods. Then it only seems to be when I eat meats. I get a bloated feeling when I eat breads and Pasta (which I mostly try to avoid since I don't like that feeling lol). I lose more NOT tracking than when I track which probably stems from me curbing calories TOO much when I track. When I don't track I eat when I am hungry and stop when I am satisfied. I may eat every two hours but so be it. When I track I try and do St. V's 3 times a day rule and I always stall.

When I track I try and do St. V's 3 times a day rule and I always stall.

What do you mean by that? eating 3 meals/day and no Snacks? 20 lbs in 6 weeks is a good loss! Glad you had a good experience. I didn't find Dr. Ben Meir to have a big ego at all--very down to earth and confident but with humility. Funny how everyone has different perceptions but I think it's important to find a surgeon who meshes best with your personal preferences and glad you did.

Patti K I do not deny your right to choose your surgeon or your reasons that you feel happier with Dr Hassan but I feel the same way about Dr Ben Meir that you do about Dr Hassan. That's all I was saying. I had to feel good about who was doing my surgery. I don't believe we all should go to same Dr but we should at least feel confident as well as happy with our choice. I did not feel happy with Dr Hassan but I do with Dr Ben Meir but I am glad you did for your sake. Keep up the weightloss success. Take Care