Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any sleevers having surgery 12/17?

I finally got my surgery. I'm excited yet a bit scare. Anyone else having surgery on this day?

Yes im also on the 17th one more week of pre-op diet to go :)

I'm on the 17th, too.

Yes im also on the 17th one more week of pre-op diet to go :)

How long have you been on pre op?

I'm on the 17th also

I would like to introduce myself to all the 12/17 sleevers. I'm 40 years old and happily married for 16 years. I have a wonderful husband and two teens girls 12 and 13 yrs. old. I live in Smyrna, TN close to Nashville, TN. I have been fighting my weight problems since I was 12 years old. I have done several diets and have lost weight and then gain it all back or more. My highest weight has been 255 in November, BMI of 41. Back in 2011, I decided to go back to school for a second degree. On October, I tought I was having a heart attack after having to climb the stairs as the elevator was broken. I knew then I had to do something about my weight. I talked to my doctor and she suggested the sleeve surgery. After researching it, and going to several support group meetings I decided to do it. Now, I can't believe in less than a week I will be having surgery.

For Goodnurseg, I have been doing the pre-opt diet since December 3 and I'm down 10 lbs. I hope to lose 7 lbs more by 12/17. I noticed that if I stay on schedule and drink Protein drinks every 3 hours I don't seem to be hungry. The best Protein shake that I have tried is Pure Protein from Walmart. I just add cinnamon and a drop of nugmet and it taste delicious! I have also done it with just strawberries or blueberries and it taste wonderful. I have to do different Protein shakes throughout the date so I don't get burn of drinking the same thing. Best of luck to everyone that is having their sleeve on 12/17. We should keep intouch after surgery!

How long have you been on pre op?

I have a 2 week liquid diet and one day before surgery its full liquid.< /p>

I'm hoping to join you guy! Still pending insurance approval. So frustrating. :(

Hi, I'm on the 17th as well. I'm drinking he Optifast and Protein Premiere. I think I may go to Walmart though and check out there options. I'm down 10 pounds so far and I started my pre-op diet on 12/5. Best of luck to everyone:-)

Hi Ladies & guys!!!! I am also scheduled or surgery on the 17th. Nice to meet all of you! My surgeon doesn't require a pre-op diet- I must be one of the lucky ones. I just have to fast the night before. I have also been struggling all of my life with my weight, but have managed to lose 30 lbs prior to surgery. I am excited about this new chapter, but nervous for the actual surgery. Anyone else? :)

I am having my surgery on 12/17 as well! It would be great to have a group to follow through this journey. I live in Northern Virginia.

I am doing a week of slim-fast diet as requested by my surgeon, so I am on day 2 of it so far. I forgot to weigh myself yesterday, and this morning realized my scale is broken, so I've got to get a new one before surgery. Basically I'm spending the week trying out some new Protein drinks, buying a new blender (and possibly scale), and trying to get all my Christmas stuff done since I am planning on being a little out of it this year.

I think someone else mentioned being a little scared. I am feeling this as well and not really sure why. I'm not scared about the diet after - I'm just worried about something happening during the surgery. I've had one surgery before and didn't feel this way. I wonder why I feel it now. I think I am just psyching myself out - but it is a little unsettling.

I am having my surgery on 12/17 as well! It would be great to have a group to follow through this journey. I live in Northern Virginia.

I am doing a week of slim-fast diet as requested by my surgeon, so I am on day 2 of it so far. I forgot to weigh myself yesterday, and this morning realized my scale is broken, so I've got to get a new one before surgery. Basically I'm spending the week trying out some new Protein drinks, buying a new blender (and possibly scale), and trying to get all my Christmas stuff done since I am planning on being a little out of it this year.

I think someone else mentioned being a little scared. I am feeling this as well and not really sure why. I'm not scared about the diet after - I'm just worried about something happening during the surgery. I've had one surgery before and didn't feel this way. I wonder why I feel it now. I think I am just psyching myself out - but it is a little unsettling.

I'm so excited!! Just got approved after I posted. Lol. So I've joined the 12/17 sleevers.

I would like to introduce myself to all the 12/17 sleevers. I'm 40 years old and happily married for 16 years. I have a wonderful husband and two teens girls 12 and 13 yrs. old. I live in Smyrna' date=' TN close to Nashville, TN. I have been fighting my weight problems since I was 12 years old. I have done several diets and have lost weight and then gain it all back or more. My highest weight has been 255 in November, BMI of 41. Back in 2011, I decided to go back to school for a second degree. On October, I tought I was having a heart attack after having to climb the stairs as the elevator was broken. I knew then I had to do something about my weight. I talked to my doctor and she suggested the sleeve surgery. After researching it, and going to several support group meetings I decided to do it. Now, I can't believe in less than a week I will be having surgery.

For Goodnurseg, I have been doing the pre-opt diet since December 3 and I'm down 10 lbs. I hope to lose 7 lbs more by 12/17. I noticed that if I stay on schedule and drink Protein drinks every 3 hours I don't seem to be hungry. The best Protein shake that I have tried is Pure Protein from Walmart. I just add cinnamon and a drop of nugmet and it taste delicious! I have also done it with just strawberries or blueberries and it taste wonderful. I have to do different Protein shakes throughout the date so I don't get burn of drinking the same thing. Best of luck to everyone that is having their sleeve on 12/17. We should keep intouch after surgery![/quote']

Thank you so much. Good luck- I'm excited for you :-)