Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dec 17th surgery date

Hi all!!!

This has been a long 3 month haul of jumping through hoops for the insurance people as well as the physican but it finally paid off!! The insurance has approved the surgery & it's set for Dec 17th. Right now I'm in the middle of my 2 week liquid diet & my pre-op appt is sch'd for this Friday. Any advice or encouraging words?

My surgery is on the same day:-) I'm so excited and nervous! best of luck to you and I wish you a speedy recovery:-)

My surgery is on the same day:-) I'm so excited and nervous! best of luck to you and I wish you a speedy recovery:-)

My surgery is also on the 17th... Really excited!

How is everyone doing after your surgery 12/17? I will start by telling everyone that right after surgery I was kept under pain medications which was great no pains until the next day. Tuesday I was being discharge and gas was awful. Every time I drink I felt like like I need to burped. Then, today, I took the nausea medication and it made me sick. I no longer take the pain medication. I still have gas but walking is helping. I love to blend the ice and pour little apple juice light and I can hold it in without pain. I'm taking a shower today and will try chicken broth Soup tonight. Share your story with us.

I had my surgery on the 17th also. I feel just a little sore. I'm already home and relaxing. I'm still a little swollen from all the fluids. Just trying to move around is the hard part

I'm new to this and so nervous! I'm 20 and mine in jan 10th, I feel happy,sad and million other emotions! How to you post things?!

Hi all!!!

This has been a long 3 month haul of jumping through hoops for the insurance people as well as the physican but it finally paid off!! The insurance has approved the surgery & it's set for Dec 17th. Right now I'm in the middle of my 2 week liquid diet & my pre-op appt is sch'd for this Friday. Any advice or encouraging words?

I had my surgery on the 17th after a 3-day clear liquid diet. I feel like I need the pain meds to eat/drink anything. I have so much soreness and tightness in my throat and chest. The dr used an endoscope at the beginning and at the end of the procedure...in addition to the tube they put down your throat during the surgery, so I think that is why my throat is so irritated.

I haven't pursued Protein, because at this point I need to stay hydrated.. On the positive side, I can move around pretty well.

DECEMBER 17-19 SLEEVERS - Wasn't going to weigh myself but broke down because of other posts I was reading. I've only lost 4 lbs....Feeling anxious because others have said that it is normal to lose 20 in two weeks. Not at the 2 week mark, yet, but with it only being three days away, I know that I won't even be close to 10. :-(

Hi Sadlers1999,

I was sleeve on 12/17. When I started my liquid diet pre-op I weight 252. The day of surgery I weight 234.8. Then, today I weight 226 lbs; since surgery I have lost 8 lbs. Everyone lose weight differently and you don't need to worry. As long as you are follow doctor order and eating as you were told you will start losing weight. Be patient, remember we didn't gain our weight overnight. Also, keep in mind that not everyone have the same BMi and the ones with higher BMi can lose more than somebody with a low BMi. Keep logging your food intake, drink your Water and start your exercise. Best of luck!

Hi, I was sleeved on 12/17 also. At my consultation I weighed 233. When I started my pre-op diet, I was weighing in at 240.my diet lasted 2 Weeks. The day of surgery, I was at 230. Today I weighed in at 219.8. I'm so glad I decided to do the surgery.