Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Distance Runners

Well I have my fingers crossed for you my friend. You've been a big inspiration to me and many others. We don't want anything to happen to you.

Agreed. Sounds like you're getting very good advice, which is a good thing. Fingers crossed.

Deano

Also....I'm going to a Chi running workshop next month in Dallas. Why don't you hop a plane and take it with me? If you can't do that' date=' there is an article about the class in the March edition of Runners World. I haven't read it yet but I'm going to tonight.

Here's a link to the workshop.

http://store.chiliving.com/Workshops/Dannys-Workshops/One-day-ChiRunning-Workshop-DD0038[/quote']

I read that article in Runners World, it was a good article. I have been trying to apply some of the things in the article, like imagining I am cupping butterflies in my hand and to ensure i am leaning forward while running to remain relaxed and keep good form. Please give details on the workshop BTB...would love to learn more!!!

I read that article in Runners World' date=' it was a good article. I have been trying to apply some of the things in the article, like imagining I am cupping butterflies in my hand and to ensure i am leaning forward while running to remain relaxed and keep good form. Please give details on the workshop BTB...would love to learn more!!![/quote']

The book is also very good. I remember one description is that you should run lightly as if you are running on the beach and do not want to leave tracks ( or much evidence that you ran there).

The book is also very good. I remember one description is that you should run lightly as if you are running on the beach and do not want to leave tracks ( or much evidence that you ran there).

Exactly....I ran by a guy the other day. All of a sudden I heard....thump thump thump....I thought "what was that?" Oh yeah, it was his feet trying to bang holes in the ground. I'm over here trying not to make a sound running in my vibrams.

Looking good there BTB! Great job on the race!

Awesome job, BTB. you're doing amazing!

Way to go BTB.....looking good!!! Your going to be collecting race bibs soon!! I have a bit of good news to share.....I did it!!! I ran a half marathon on the treadmill and finished in 2:44:00! My first half marathon - The Rock and Roll Half in DC is only 14 days away and I wanted to make sure I could run from start to finish and I am sooo psyched now. I even ran errands after leaving the gym......today was an awesome day!

Way to go BTB.....looking good!!! Your going to be collecting race bibs soon!! I have a bit of good news to share.....I did it!!! I ran a half marathon on the treadmill and finished in 2:44:00! My first half marathon - The Rock and Roll Half in DC is only 14 days away and I wanted to make sure I could run from start to finish and I am sooo psyched now. I even ran errands after leaving the gym......today was an awesome day!

About how long does it take for you to go from running a 10 k to a 1/2? I got the 10 k down pretty good now and can start in on some longer distances. What should the next mini goal be because it is a long ways between 10 k and 1/2 marathon. Thanks!

If you google Hal Higdon, he has some great training plans for every distance, including half marathon. I think the half marathon plans are all 12 weeks but that's assuming you can run 3 miles fairly easily. You might be ahead of week 1 and 2 already, so you could easily do it in 10. But it's a good website with lots of training plans.

If you google Hal Higdon' date=' he has some great training plans for every distance, including half marathon. I think the half marathon plans are all 12 weeks but that's assuming you can run 3 miles fairly easily. You might be ahead of week 1 and 2 already, so you could easily do it in 10. But it's a good website with lots of training plans.[/quote']

Thanks, will research that. You are right, 3 miles is pretty straight forward now, but I do keep working on my PR times. Hopefully, someday I will get sub 20m (24.5 is PR so far). I want to work on improving my 10k now and also start increasing to 120 minutes of running (currently, stop at 60 min or about 10 k).

About how long does it take for you to go from running a 10 k to a 1/2? I got the 10 k down pretty good now and can start in on some longer distances. What should the next mini goal be because it is a long ways between 10 k and 1/2 marathon. Thanks!

Hey Fiddleman,

I went from 10k to half as it seemed to be the next step. This will be my first half, I will continue to run halfs, 10K's and a few 5's. As BTB said Hal Higdon has some great plans, we are both doing one of his half marathon plans now to train for our upcoming halfs. I think your ready!! You have been making awesome progress!!

Hey Fiddleman' date='

I went from 10k to half as it seemed to be the next step. This will be my first half, I will continue to run halfs, 10K's and a few 5's. As BTB said Hal Higdon has some great plans, we are both doing one of his half marathon plans now to train for our upcoming halfs. I think your ready!! You have been making awesome progress!![/quote']

Thank you!

Thanks, will research that. You are right, 3 miles is pretty straight forward now, but I do keep working on my PR times. Hopefully, someday I will get sub 20m (24.5 is PR so far). I want to work on improving my 10k now and also start increasing to 120 minutes of running (currently, stop at 60 min or about 10 k).

I think you would be surprised at how long you could run if you mixed in a few LSD (long slow distance) runs, 1 per week is ideal I think. My plan has me adding a mile to my longest run every week. If I start to get fatigued I just walk 100 yards and slow down my heart rate, then continue running. The next time I will likely not have to walk.