Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Distance Runners

When I heard about runs at Disney' date=' I thought what can get better than that! That would be so much fun to run through frontier land, tomorrow land, etc. there is so many imaginative detail to look at to take our minds off the running. If that is the case, I'm going for one of those runs in the future.[/quote']

Yes. You run through Epcot and Magic Kingdom. It's supposed to be magical. Danyell can give more input because she's done it. I'm super excited. Less than 4 weeks away...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

We need to all plan to meet up one day and do a fun team run. We need to find a really good one in a great location to make it worth traveling. Team VST.

I'm in!!! Are there any runs in Hawaii? Lol!

I know where Cleveland is' date=' but not Groveton. I'm south of Houston in League City/Clear Lake area.

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

I was just in Clear Lake today.

Groveton is half way between Lufkin and Huntsville. Tiny little spot on the map

Awesome!!!!

Thanks!! I am soo proud of the successes we are all having!! Wishing you luck with your half too:)

Small world BTB. Thanks Renea!

I don't know about coast to coast. Where is it? Which coast?

http://www.rundisney.com/coast-to-coast-race-challenge/

Coast to coast is more like a tiny running series. For Disney it's only two races. In order to earn the coast to coast medal, one has to finish a race at Disneyland and Disneyworld. :)

Yes. You run through Epcot and Magic Kingdom. It's supposed to be magical. Danyell can give more input because she's done it. I'm super excited. Less than 4 weeks away...

I can give info about the runs at Disneyland! SO much fun!! However, I think that we were running in the park for maybe four (if that) miles out of of the 13.1. This was a lot of fun because there were characters out for taking pix (I did a run by with Capt. Jack Sparrow- lol). Lots of cheering! My favorite was the maintenance crew. They were all outside of their area and they had a banner up- it was cute. The rest of the mileage was completed around DL in Anaheim. Local high school bands/cheerleaders were spaced out throughout the course and there were lots of spectators. The highlights for me was the beginning (fireworks with a beautiful national anthem) and the ending (nothing beats getting your very first foil blanket and a big shiny gold medal that they place around your neck)!

Overall a great time. I highly recommend it!

Reading this thread has me really excited to start my journey with running. I am going to take it slow and start the C25K program first. I am currently 3 months out from my surgery and I have been actively for the last 4 weeks training 3x a week with a personal trainer. Mainly focusing on strength training and building my muscle mass back up.

I have to admit though.. and maybe it's because of only being 3 months out... but I still struggle getting in enough Protein and Water throughout the day and worry about if my body can even handle running at this point due to the lack of nutrition. Any suggestions for that???

I'm in WI, so running outside right now isn't really the best, so I plan to start out on the treadmill... but once it warms up a little I'm definitely going to take it outside. I am signing up for a 5k on May 25th... it' s The Color Run, which is non-competitive and SUPER fun!!! So I think it's a good first run for me to set as my goal.

All of you on this tread are such an inspiration!!!

I ran my 5k today after taking a week off from the flu in 30 minutes (2 min faster then average). I do have to say i got the faint feeling for the last few minutes with ears ringing and lightheaded ( not usual). I have started a new Vitamin program called mega man powered endurance vitapak program and boy does it give you a great sustained energy feeling all day. The first 20 minutes were great where I was averaging 9:40 minute mile and felt the extra energy from Vitamins. Then I started feeling less energy and dropped to10:00 minute mile. I cannot wait for my energy squares to arrive from nuts.com (Thanks for suggestion BTB) because the vitapak program says it releases carb energy and so far my carbs are only what can be found in my Protein based meat products. Somewhere between 10-30 carbs daily, at higher end if I have soy milk with my Protein Shake.< /p>

I ran my 5k today after taking a week off from the flu in 30 minutes (2 min faster then average). I do have to say i got the faint feeling for the last few minutes with ears ringing and lightheaded ( not usual). I have started a new Vitamin program called mega man powered endurance vitapak program and boy does it give you a great sustained energy feeling all day. The first 20 minutes were great where I was averaging 9:40 minute mile and felt the extra energy from Vitamins. Then I started feeling less energy and dropped to10:00 minute mile. I cannot wait for my energy squares to arrive from nuts.com (Thanks for suggestion BTB) because the vitapak program says it releases carb energy and so far my carbs are only what can be found in my Protein based meat products. Somewhere between 10-30 carbs daily' date=' at higher end if I have soy milk with my Protein shake.[/quote']

The same thing happened to me today after running six miles, I had all protein and very little cabs yesterday and could tell the difference as i usually eat more carbs to fuel my runs. it wasn't 20 minutes after finishing my run that i was extremely light headed and my ears were ringing. Had some OJ and crackers with some Peanut Butter on them and i felt better. Take it easy Fiddleman as you are recovering from the flu and don't eat much carbs! Glad your feeling better.

I have to admit though.. and maybe it's because of only being 3 months out... but I still struggle getting in enough Protein and Water throughout the day and worry about if my body can even handle running at this point due to the lack of nutrition. Any suggestions for that???

I'm in WI' date=' so running outside right now isn't really the best, so I plan to start out on the treadmill... but once it warms up a little I'm definitely going to take it outside. I am signing up for a 5k on May 25th... it' s The Color Run, which is non-competitive and SUPER fun!!! So I think it's a good first run for me to set as my goal.

All of you on this tread are such an inspiration!!![/quote']

Starting off slow is a GREAT approach! At three months out I remember having difficulty getting in all of my Water as well. Just keep at it! Both Protein and water are so important. ;)

The Color Run was my first goal 5k. Someone posted about the color run on vst and I thought wow that would be a great first 5k! Great minds, huh?! Lol. It was a fantastic experience! U will have a blast. Best of luck to u!

7 miles yesterday....my longest so far. What fun. I'm starting to believe!

My 10K is in 3 weeks. Just hope my knees hold out a little longer. So far no problems but after all the knee injuries and pain I've had in my lifetime, I'm paranoid that any minute they are going to self destruct.

Cool, I got 5 miles in today enjoying the run at 5.4 mph. Still waiting for my energy squares from nuts.com so I can run further.

Watch out...those little suckers are good. I've tried most of the flavors, but the chocolate paradise are exactly that to a chocoholic like me. I'm going to put 2 in my pocket to eat mid run on my next long one.

7 miles yesterday....my longest so far. What fun. I'm starting to believe!.

Wtg BTB....you rock!