Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Distance Runners

BTB are you in Houston? I'd sign up with you but my 1/2 marathon is that weekend at Disney. Darn!!!

There is another race in Kemah in March I'm thinking about doing. However' date=' it involves a team. A full marathon with 4 runners or a half marathon with 2 runners or single runners doing each by themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

I am just North of Houston....near Cleveland TX if you know where that is. My 10K is gonna be in downtown Houston but my 1/2 is going to be in Groveton, TX....Davy Crockett National Forest.

Just had to post this....I ran 20 miles in the last seven days!!!! Holy cow:) just finished my 7miler and I cant believe it, i wasn't tired and could have kept running......and to think last year this time I couldn't run a half mile.

Just had to post this....I ran 20 miles in the last seven days!!!! Holy cow:) just finished my 7miler and I cant believe it' date=' i wasn't tired and could have kept running......and to think last year this time I couldn't run a half mile.[/quote']

Like and double like this.....

I did 5 miles this morning on the trails and I wasn't ready to stop at the end. The first time I ran trails I could have died after 3 miles. It's my cross over addiction I guess. I'm doomed.

Just ran 6 miles. Felt great. I ate some little "energy squares" made of whole grains' date=' nuts, seeds and Macao nibs (unsweetened chocolate) with some PB2. The last mile was like running down hill. I had visions of Olympic gold. It must have been a lack of oxygen or something. :)[/quote']

Would "kind bars" be a little like this "energy square"? I'm just talking about ingredients and ignoring they are of different sizes. I am assuming you made these because of the inclusion of PB2. As PB2 is just a powder, did you add a little Water to bind all the dry ingredients together? And good job on six miles!

BTB are you in Houston? I'd sign up with you but my 1/2 marathon is that weekend at Disney. Darn!!!

There is another race in Kemah in March I'm thinking about doing. However' date=' it involves a team. A full marathon with 4 runners or a half marathon with 2 runners or single runners doing each by themselves.

When I heard about runs at Disney, I thought what can get better than that! That would be so much fun to run through frontier land, tomorrow land, etc. there is so many imaginative detail to look at to take our minds off the running. If that is the case, I'm going for one of those runs in the future.

Would "kind bars" be a little like this "energy square"? I'm just talking about ingredients and ignoring they are of different sizes. I am assuming you made these because of the inclusion of PB2. As PB2 is just a powder' date=' did you add a little Water to bind all the dry ingredients together? And good job on six miles![/quote']

I don't make them. I buy them from nuts.com. I buy the chocolate paradise energy squares but they several flavors. I eat 1-2 oz with the PB2 (mixed) spread on top. I resisted eating these for a while, but decided on runs longer than 3 miles I would have them with the PB2 right before.....and I feel great when I do.....no bonking. 3 miles or less I don't need them.

Here's the ingredients....

Organic Honey, Organic sunflower seeds, Organic sesame seeds, Organic Chocolate chips, Organic Sugar(evaporated cane juice), Organic Chocolate liquor, Organic Cocoa Butter, Soy Lecithin,[An Emulsifier Without gmo], Organic Vanilla), Gmo Free Organic Tofu Powder, Organic apricots(May contain rice flour), Organic Cashews, Organic Cocoa Powder, Organic pumpkin Seeds, Natural Flavors(gluten free, msg free).

I don't make them. I buy them from nuts.com. I buy the chocolate paradise energy squares but they several flavors. I eat 1-2 oz with the PB2 (mixed) spread on top. I resisted eating these for a while' date=' but decided on runs longer than 3 miles I would have them with the PB2 right before.....and I feel great when I do.....no bonking. 3 miles or less I don't need them.

Here's the ingredients....

Organic Honey, Organic sunflower seeds, Organic sesame seeds, Organic Chocolate chips, Organic Sugar(evaporated cane juice), Organic Chocolate liquor, Organic Cocoa Butter, Soy Lecithin,[An Emulsifier Without gmo'], Organic Vanilla), Gmo Free Organic Tofu Powder, Organic apricots(May contain rice flour), Organic Cashews, Organic Cocoa Powder, Organic pumpkin Seeds, Natural Flavors(gluten free, msg free).

Excellent suggestion for us to try also. The sound so good and full of energy. Would it matter if we ate these after the first 3 miles or not? Sort of like how long distance runners eat their gels at certain points in a race to refuel.

We need to all plan to meet up one day and do a fun team run. We need to find a really good one in a great location to make it worth traveling. Team VST.

AGREED!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

We need to all plan to meet up one day and do a fun team run. We need to find a really good one in a great location to make it worth traveling. Team VST.

You bet!

Excellent suggestion for us to try also. The sound so good and full of energy. Would it matter if we ate these after the first 3 miles or not? Sort of like how long distance runners eat their gels at certain points in a race to refuel.

I was planning on stashing a few in my pocket for the half marathon. They are small, like the size of dice. 2 squares is about one serving.

Count me in!!! That would be soo awesome!!

You are going to have a BLAST! Boy' date=' Disney knows how to put on a half! I had so much fun doing the tinkerbell. It would be nice to be wealthy, so that I could do the awesome races at disneyworld, well that and a whole lot more. ;) im pretty sure that I'll be doing the tinkerbell again. U gonna do coast to coast?

I don't know about coast to coast. Where is it? Which coast?

I am just North of Houston....near Cleveland TX if you know where that is. My 10K is gonna be in downtown Houston but my 1/2 is going to be in Groveton' date=' TX....Davy Crockett National Forest.[/quote']

I know where Cleveland is, but not Groveton. I'm south of Houston in League City/Clear Lake area.

Just had to post this....I ran 20 miles in the last seven days!!!! Holy cow:) just finished my 7miler and I cant believe it' date=' i wasn't tired and could have kept running......and to think last year this time I couldn't run a half mile.[/quote']

Awesome!!!!