Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sooooooo whats on the menu for today?

im worth it i need that recipe please.

delta right now girl i am craving something sweet. i have to stop and ask why? so i had maple brown sugar oatmeal and bacon for Breakfast, could it be the carbs that triggered that? hummmmm. so im thinking going to the store and get a cookie, notttttttttttttttt im going to heat up some trader joes orange chicken and i had a chocolate chew Calcium for now but i know i willbe fighting this all day, 1 because im bored 2 its an old habit. god give me strenth

I'm preop.. Breakfast. Protein shake made with milk

lunch Protein Shake made with milk

dinner, 5.5 ounces of flounder, 3 cups raw spinach 1 cup romaine, 1/4 cup purple onion, one plum Tomato, 1/2 granny smith apple 3T of homemade sesame-cashew dressing,

16 ounces diet green tea

2.5 liters of Water

2 sticks sugar free gum

I don't know if the battle will ever end for some of us. We may always have to plan ahead and be careful with choices. I envy some of the disciplined people here who have really got it together.

delta right now girl i am craving something sweet. i have to stop and ask why? so i had maple brown sugar oatmeal and bacon for breakfast' date=' could it be the carbs that triggered that? hummmmm. so im thinking going to the store and get a cookie, notttttttttttttttt im going to heat up some trader joes orange chicken and i had a chocolate chew Calcium for now but i know i willbe fighting this all day, 1 because im bored 2 its an old habit. god give me strenth[/quote']

1oz broiled salmon broken up

1/2 tsp mashed potatoes

cooked cabbage

1 tbsp teriyaki sauce

1 wonton wrapper

Spray the cupcake pan put the mashed potatoes on the bottom then salmon then teriyaki sauce top with cabbage bake at 400 for 20 minutes delicious!!

11grams Protein

6 carbs

124 calories

I hope you like it!!!

Where do you put the wonton wrapper? Sure sounds delish!

Where do you put the wonton wrapper? Sure sounds delish!

In the bottom of the cupcake pan then potatoes salmon etc

Yesterday I was so bad. I didn't even enter anything into MFP. Its getting near my TOM and I just tasted a few things too many.

So today I was not hungry at all for Breakfast so I didn't have any. Instead I drank 2 cups of 1/2 caf with some 1% milk.

Lunch:

2oz pork

1t cranberry sauce

2 slices of cucumber

1/3 c spinach salad with 1/2 cherry tomato' date=' 1T feta, 1 sugar snap pea

Now that I look at that lunch it really doesn't sound like much, but my tummy is full!!

The break room is full of fudge and chocolate and Cookies. I have gone in there and looked and smelled, but haven't reached out to try a taste of anything yet. It's weird. Previously I would have gone to the sweets table 2-3 times and eaten anything that wasn't nailed down. Now I question it.

That one sure has a lot of almonds in it.

That one probably doesn't taste as good as it looks.

Those came from the store and are full of preservatives.

How may carbs are in that?

That doesn't mean that if I decide I really want a piece I won't eat it. Heck yes I'll eat it. But probably one piece and probably not even the whole thing.[/quote']

What is MFP?

I have been reading this thread and it makes me feel a little better. I am exactly 4 weeks out of surgery and today I am feeling particularly overwhelmed about how little I can eat and how difficult it is to keep up with my Protein and fluids. I am typically not an emotional person but today I am starting to realize how difficult this is going to be and it is making me feel depressed. I am 44 years old and have weighed over 300 pounds for most of the past 10 years. I have two small boys, 2 and 5, and decided on the surgery after more than a year of consideration. My goal is to stay healthy and active for them as they grow and become teenagers and young adults. I am not back to work yet, I am waiting until after Christmas; I know it will be even harder then. My 2 year old is home sick with me today and I am very happy to have the time with him. I am concerned about what will be normal for me in my future, will it always be this hard to eat and get the nutrients I need to be active.

well today my menu goes like this

breakfast 3 oz of turkey meatloaf' date=' half of peach

snack 1/2 cup of cottege cheese, half of peach

lunch 1/2 of a tuna salad sandwhich on toast spouted wheat bread

snack 1 chicken egg roll from trader joes (nut approves, just once in awhile)

dinner 3 oz of homemade turkey meatballs, 1/4 cup of wheat spagetti, 1/4 cup of spagetti sauce, small salad

snack if hungry 11 pieces of trader joes no salt Peanut Butter filled pretzels (running low on snacks)

all under 900cals. 81grams of protien, 102 carbs (nut said a low carb diet is 150grams or less)[/quote']

WOW. Sounds great. I am only 12 days post op and still on liquids. Looking forward to eating some of that. LOL

I still make shakes everyday for breakfast becasue I'm always rushing out the door!

My usual lunch is my version of a lunchable!

- .25 lb thick cut turkey breast deli meat

- String cheese

- 5 multi-grain crackers

Or some beef jerky!

im staerting to get bored with my food again. trader joes hear i come

delta right now girl i am craving something sweet. i have to stop and ask why? so i had maple brown sugar oatmeal and bacon for breakfast, could it be the carbs that triggered that? hummmmm. so im thinking going to the store and get a cookie, notttttttttttttttt im going to heat up some trader joes orange chicken and i had a chocolate chew Calcium for now but i know i willbe fighting this all day, 1 because im bored 2 its an old habit. god give me strenth

I'm starting to feel cravings also - I'm almost 7 weeks out. There were doughnuts on the lunch table at work today, and doughnuts are my crack. I was able to resist, but I did keep thinking about them through the afternoon!

I have been reading this thread and it makes me feel a little better. I am exactly 4 weeks out of surgery and today I am feeling particularly overwhelmed about how little I can eat and how difficult it is to keep up with my Protein and fluids. I am typically not an emotional person but today I am starting to realize how difficult this is going to be and it is making me feel depressed. I am 44 years old and have weighed over 300 pounds for most of the past 10 years. I have two small boys, 2 and 5, and decided on the surgery after more than a year of consideration. My goal is to stay healthy and active for them as they grow and become teenagers and young adults. I am not back to work yet, I am waiting until after Christmas; I know it will be even harder then. My 2 year old is home sick with me today and I am very happy to have the time with him. I am concerned about what will be normal for me in my future, will it always be this hard to eat and get the nutrients I need to be active.

Its like you are in my head! I've been stressing over the same thoughts and feelings. I had this surgery to be healthy and to have an active life - I don't want to look and feel like I've been battling cancer, or some such thing. I too was fortunate to be able to take 6 weeks off after the surgery (been back to work for a week), and that gave me more time to figure out what foods would work in my busy schedule. It is still a work in progress, of course. I have to keep telling myself that stressing out about things I can't control is just a waste of my energy. I have set an arbitrary goal for these stressors to work themselves out, but to try not to stress about them until I'm 6 months out - by then I'm hoping that I will have worked out the kinks and have zeroed in on a healthy eating plan that works for me.