Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

not losing very fast!input please!

I had my surgery on 11-8 and i've lost 20 lbs..i'm on stall #2 and wondering if i'm doing something wrong or is the weight lose and stalls normal..i'm not overeating in any way but i've added some healthy carbs light whole wheat bread and brown rice a few times..there have been a few time that i've eaten about 1 hour before bed but it was always a small amount and healthy so i'm wondering if these couple of things are keeping me from loosing weight or if i'm just in a normal stall and doing good. i started off at 214 so i'm wondering if thats why i feel like i'm not loosing like others on here (and everywhere else). i'm scared that i'm going to stay this size forever and wasted my money...what do yall think???any input will be appreciated

You will hit lots of stall along the way. Also the less you have to lose over all the slower it will come off. 20lbs in just under a month is great.

I had my surgery on 11/7 and have lst 26 pounds but last week was a slow week, only a pound. But I am so pleased and happy that I'm losing. I'm still on liquids. Three Protein Shakes and one yogurt. I am not hungry and have no desire to eat foods--yet! I know this won't last forever so I'm taking advantage of it. But I understand the feeling of eating next to nothing and gaining or staying the same. That's what happened to me with my lap band. I'm so glad to have that out and to have been sleeved. We are all in the same boat. As long as we stick to our plans we will succeed. Hang in there everyone. This hard work will pay off. Keep up the great work.

Thx ladies for your input!! I'm sure it will come off eventually

I had my surgery the day before you weigh 40lbs more and I have only lost 22lbs post surgery. I also exercise everyday and training for a half marathon.(have always been fit & fat) Also on my second stall. I am pleased with my loss and so should you! :)

Dont be hard on yourself, your body is still adjusting to ur new stomach... just give yourself time and start measuring yourself because i have noticed that when i am not losing weight, am losing inches!! Keep us updated. (BTW i currently live in the middle east and most of the food i eat has carbs and am still losing weight, just be careful to not overdo it)...

you_can_do_it.gif

Stalls are normal and some weeks will be bigger losses than others. I found a stall caused my mental state to become chaotic, so I only weigh once a month. If I'm stalled, I generally have no clue.

How many diets have you been on in the past where you've lost 20lbs in a month? This is a new lifestyle choice, not a diet. Consumers have been conditioned to want and get everything now. Instant gratification. Your body isn't listening to marketing hype and doesn't give a crap about how you are doing compared to others, no matter what the consciousness thinks. Let your body do its thing while you continue to make good choices. Slow or medium progress is better than no progress.

I had my surgery back in May, and I see my nutritionist once a month and even though is been 7month she said NO (Bread,Pasta,Potatoes or any type of starch food) NOT even whole grain... Because it will stop the weight loss process, which is completely TRUE!!! I didn't listen for a while, and for a whole month I wasn't losing weight, didn't matter how much cardio, gym, or whatever I was doing... The eating part is very important...!!!

thanks for all your replies, ive lost 5 more pounds since i started this post so thats 25 lbs in 5 weeks which is pretty good but im going to start over and actually not eat any carbs even the goods ones like instructed because apparently it makes a difference in the weight lose...im so thankful for the surgery and my lose thus far and i know i can do this thing!!!!!!