Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have so many questions

I had my VSG surgery 9/24/2012- I lost 16 pounds initially- I have only lost 1 or 2 pounds since! I don't understand how people are saying we are supposed to eat 600-800 calories a day- when this amount of calories literally would starve a person- and can hardly sustain bodily needs! I don't get it! Wouldn't this restriction also cause the body to literally hold on to fat? I mean this would send the message to anyone's body to slow down the metabolism because it is in starvation mode! I don't want to be so negative, but having only lost 1 pound after this surgery is really making me think it was a waste of money and heartache!

Also- I can't stand the Protein Shakes from the store- I get sick from them-- what else is there besides eating an entire chicken a day?

This still wouldn't provide the calories that my body needs-- and it would possibly exceed the 6-800 I've been hearing about.

I really thought this surgery would make a difference for me--

Can someone please help me?

BTW- no outside support either because I had my surgery in Mexico.

Thanks,

P.S. I messed up the username sorry

What are you eating ?

here is a list of high Protein foods. You can eat things like Peanut Butter, eggs, egg whites, tuna salad, chicken salad, Beans, cottage cheese, there is lots of things you can eat with protein besides powder, my guess is your not eating ENOUGH ?

http://www.momswhothink.com/diet-and-nutrition/high-protein-foods.html

Your reasoning is faulty, the body pulls from fat reserves as the caloric intake is lessened. The body does go into a type of "starvation mode" but cannot stay in that mode indefinatly, gradully it will reassume the normal matabolism and start burning the fat. If you are obese there are PLENTY of fat reserves to pull from and you can maintain a strict diet till you reach your target or increase your caolric intake to match your bodies needs.

The ONLY way you can lose weight is to eat LESS and burn MORE.

I've stayed between 600-700 calories most of the time for the last 4 1/2 and it truly does work:). I don't feel starved, I've eaten mostly Protein. Have faith, and work the program the results will amaze you.

We just talked about this issue on another post , and seems that your not alone on this .. I had heard from other people on this site that they werent losing anything and I found it hard to believe that could be possible.

I was sleeved on Nov 13 , a little over 3 weeks.... I was also very excited and eager for my surgery .... I did very well on my 14 day pre op , lost 15 lbs a week after my surgery I lost 7 lbs...... I was feeling great , but the last 2 weeks I havent lost anything zero ! I could probably be drinking more Water and maybe start to excerise now since my doctor cleared me , I know that I am not eating more than 800 cal per day , and I am getting my Protein from my Protein shakes , letil Soups, and all the healthy things that I should be eating .

I would also think that with this alone , I should be droping weight like crazy ... If I dont see the scale move in the next 2 weeks .. I will start to panic.

I had my surgery on 11/26 and I am doing great. As of today, i have lost 17 pounds. I feel like I have gone through an epiphany. I know that there will be good days and bad days but I know I did the right thing for me. No one ever said this was going to be easy. Work through the process. Listen to the rules established based on a lot of clinical evidence. Step back and review your goals and what you want to accomplish. Maybe you need to get into a support group ASAP since you are not part of a program in your community. Please know that I keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

you said you dont have support here is a website through kaiser that give you menu plan and everything.