Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not able to stop loosing weight ?

I have a friend who asked me to post this on here ... She's not a member... she know's someone who cant stop loosing weight after VSG ? Has anyone had this problem and any thoughts on how to stop it

Thanks

MIndy

PS I dont know any other info than that ?

I have a friend who asked me to post this on here ... She's not a member... she know's someone who cant stop loosing weight after VSG ? Has anyone had this problem and any thoughts on how to stop it

Thanks

MIndy

PS I dont know any other info than that ?

You have a friend who has a friend? I'm no expert but we probably need more details. When did she have surgery. Staring weight current weigh. What she eating? Exercising?

Are you really serious? Start eating high calorie foods and slider foods, stop exercising I am sure you will stop LOSING weight!!

LOL yeah basically , she doesnt want to join to just ask one question .. She cant find any info on anyone not being able to stop loosing weight .

She doesnt want to eat sliders an get into that habit .. I have heard of some people after RNY who cant stop loosing .. But not sure about Sleeves ?

From what I've read your body eventually settles at a weight. May be past your goal but yeah. I wouldn't reccomend slider foods and high calorie foods just because you don't want to get back into bad habits and end up gaining a whole lot more weight.

I will let her know that. I am not sure how far to goal she is or if she's passed it .

Thanks

Mindy

From what I've read your body eventually settles at a weight. May be past your goal but yeah. I wouldn't reccomend slider foods and high calorie foods just because you don't want to get back into bad habits and end up gaining a whole lot more weight.

I can't agree completely. Photos of anorexics in the hospital show that eventually your body will eat muscles and steal from organs and strip bones to survive.

I do believe that a person has a "set point" that, based on average calories consumed and exercise habits, will tend to stabilize. You can also reset your set point by changing behaviors.

I asked her some more questions.. I was not sure if this was an issue anyone had before or not ?

I think you all are missing my point. Can you seriously say that a previously fat person does not know how to stop losing weight? I find this utterly ridiculous. Yes eat higher calorie foods(because we can't eat more quantity) and yes eat slider foods(shakes:high calorie, crackers, more carbs).

I am not sure what that is ridiculous ?? I dont think eating slider foods is the answer either . That can lead back to dangerous behavior .

The friend that recommended the surgery to me is having this problem. She has eased up on her exercise and added calories and that so far has worked for her.

The friend that recommended the surgery to me is having this problem. She has eased up on her exercise and added calories and that so far has worked for her.

Thanks I will let my friend know . I appreciate the response .

I think you all are missing my point. Can you seriously say that a previously fat person does not know how to stop losing weight? I find this utterly ridiculous. Yes eat higher calorie foods(because we can't eat more quantity) and yes eat slider foods(shakes:high calorie' date=' crackers, more carbs).[/quote']

That pretty much like giving an ex heroin addict some heroin. It's okay, times are tough, just a few hits won't kill you.

A lot of us are overweight from food addiction. Stuffing your sleeve with McDonalds is never going to be an appropriate fix.

And if your friend has lost this much weight from following the rules, don't tell her to start sliding back into bad habits. Exercising less is a good alternative.

Have her reach out to her doctor to ensure there is no medical complication causing the continuation of weightloss. In rare situations Weight-loss surgery can trigger rare genetic wasting disorder. If doctors checks her/him/you out and medically everything looks good most likely will ask what the current caloric intake is, fats, carbs and sugars, as well as exercise routine to help modify it making recommendations for increased consumption in certain categories along with follow up visits to ensure everything is working to put them on track to be healthy.