Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know everyone here is at different stages in their journey. So, I am hoping that you have or are dealing with this & might have some good advice. I had my sleeve done 10 days ago. I had to do 7 days of Clear Liquids. I am now on day 3 of Protein Shakes & clear liquids. So, I am at 300 calories a day. I drink Pure Protein so I am getting in 23 grams of protein per shake. I am feeling totally exhausted & very spaced out. I am getting in plenty of Water. I just feel like I need real food. I can't even tell you what I would do for just a bite of cottage cheese! Tonight my boyfriend made toast for himself & it smelled like the most amazing thing in the world. I almost lost it. I just want to lick a piece of cheese right now. Not eat it. Just taste it. I guess since the nutritionist hasn't set a specific amount of time for transitioning to pureed I am feeling desperate. Am I the only one? How do we get through this?

I know how you feel. I was sleeved 15 days ago and am so sick of Protein Shakes and Soup broth. My dr has me in this stage for 4 to 5 weeks before even starting creamed Soups and cottage cheese. I just take it 1 day at a time. It's not easy though....

sip sip sip eat Jello and sugarfree popsicles. It want last forever I had 2 weeks liquid pre-op and am on day 9 of 14 post op i can't wait to monday night for supper i get pureed food.< /p>

Im having a hard time also I am 7 days post op and I cook dinner every night for my husband and kids and I took a bite ( a tiny bite) of chicken tonight and it instantly made me feel horrible...I feel the same I just want food :(

Nothing to do but to keep faithful to your nutritional plan. This part will go by quickly and you'll be moving to the next stage in no time. In the meantime, read a book, give yourself a pedicure, work a crossword puzzle, call an old friend, do a watercolor, clean the windows, ...you get the idea.

Its tough, no doubt. We all have to do it.

My savior was Unjury Protein'd cheese sauce. 21 grams per serving. I reduced the Water to about a 2 oz serving. I'm a cheese addict. Can't tell u how many times I picked up a cheese product & tearfully put it down.

My savior was unjury Protein'd cheese sauce. 21 grams per serving. I reduced the Water to about a 2 oz serving. I'm a cheese addict. Can't tell u how many times I picked up a cheese product & tearfully put it down.

I was always curious about this produce, but for some very strange reason they do not ship to certain states.

Dear DeeDee

Just bear it for one week, the weight loss will make you smile the way you have never smiled.

All the trouble is worth it and more ! believe it.

You're at the most difficult stage, hang in there! It does take time I've heard for the Ghrelin to work its way out of your system, but if you're still experiencing hunger at this point, it may be a sign you need to be taking a prescription antacid - are you on one? You're definitely going to need a few weeks to start to get your energy back, and it will get better once you start on food, but realize that for the next several weeks at least, a "meal" is going to be about 2 tablespoons of food - that's not so much about appeasing your appetite as gently getting your healing stomach accustomed to digesting food again - that's a lot of work for an organ that's been cut and stitched up! It took me about 6 weeks I think to really start to get my energy back. You've put your body through a lot, but there are exciting days ahead.

I couldn't stand Clear Liquids any longer so by the fourth day I moved on to full liquids and added Greek yogurt and strained cream Soups. broth makes me gag now!

My savior was Unjury Protein'd cheese sauce. 21 grams per serving. I reduced the Water to about a 2 oz serving. I'm a cheese addict. Can't tell u how many times I picked up a cheese product & tearfully put it down.

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely have to try this.

You're at the most difficult stage, hang in there! It does take time I've heard for the Ghrelin to work its way out of your system, but if you're still experiencing hunger at this point, it may be a sign you need to be taking a prescription antacid - are you on one? You're definitely going to need a few weeks to start to get your energy back, and it will get better once you start on food, but realize that for the next several weeks at least, a "meal" is going to be about 2 tablespoons of food - that's not so much about appeasing your appetite as gently getting your healing stomach accustomed to digesting food again - that's a lot of work for an organ that's been cut and stitched up! It took me about 6 weeks I think to really start to get my energy back. You've put your body through a lot, but there are exciting days ahead.

I am on an antacid. It's Omeprazole 40mg, I definitely take it every day.I also make sure I get in my Water. I always have something in my hand...either a Protein Shake or water. It's just not cutting it. I have I have 7 more days of liquids.

I had my sleeve 11-28 my Doctor had me on puree on the 3rd day. Why is it every Dr different? LOL Hang in there you have come this far.

Every Dr seems to be pretty different. It makes me frustrated. I'm so jealous of people who are on pureed right out of the hospital. I had to do a full 7 days of only Water. Now I'm going into week 2 of Protein Shakes & clear liquids. That's 3 weeks before I get to move onto what some people get on day one. I don't know if my Dr is extra cautious or found this is the best method? I really love there office so, I guess that I just have to trust them. I am CRANKY right now. LOL

I started Tomato Soup on day 7 the was in the ready to drink can. I couldn't make it with out it. Day 11 down 13 lbs.