Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my passport delivered today got it in less than three days. Trust me I paid for them to expedite it, so it can be done as i leave on the 9th for Dr. Aceves. So now that I have it and the cashiers check I am so chickening out. My sister had her sleeve done about three weeks ago and she said if she were me she prob would not do it. So I am thinking to myself am I taking the easy way out? My BMI is sitting at 30 but for me to be 185 and 5"6 I am not comfortable with that. I wear size 17 must be my hips I don't know but it's not what I want to be I want to be a 9/10 I'm very comfortable there. I had a full hysterectomy and the weight is just packing on i do have high bp and high cholesterol. I'm just trying to talk through this to you guys, I know some would say no and some would say yes but I'm scared inside that something will go wrong. Anyways thanks for listening and for any support offered.

For me my highest was 262 size 24 now I'm 197 size 15 and honestly I'm happy I did it I'm content to be this size you need to do what is right for you weigh all ur options out research about it I did for 4 months and for me it was the best decision I've ever made

I am 9 weeks out, and began with a BMI of 39.6. I KNOW that I would not have even considered the surgery if I had been 164 and a BMI of 30. I'm pleased with being smaller- I've now lost 37lbs. But everyday I have to remind my self that I did it for my health and to just wait and one day I hope that will be able to say it was worth it. Now, this is a very personal decision. Only you can decide if you want this for vanity or health. Do what is best for you.

I am 9 weeks out' date=' and began with a BMI of 39.6. I KNOW that I would not have even considered the surgery if I had been 164 and a BMI of 30. I'm pleased with being smaller- I've now lost 37lbs. But everyday I have to remind my self that I did it for my health and to just wait and one day I hope that will be able to say it was worth it. Now, this is a very personal decision. Only you can decide if you want this for vanity or health. Do what is best for you.[/quote']

What's going on that makes you wish you don't have to take this route?

I am 9 weeks out' date=' and began with a BMI of 39.6. I KNOW that I would not have even considered the surgery if I had been 164 and a BMI of 30. I'm pleased with being smaller- I've now lost 37lbs. But everyday I have to remind my self that I did it for my health and to just wait and one day I hope that will be able to say it was worth it. Now, this is a very personal decision. Only you can decide if you want this for vanity or health. Do what is best for you.[/quote']

I not 164 I am 185.

If you have come this far then finish the journey. If you don't then you will truly regret it. I would do it in a heart beat. I truly believe your sister will be changing her mind too when she feels better. It is hard but well worth it..... :)

I am

Not 164 I'm 185.

If you have come this far then finish the journey. If you don't then you will truly regret it. I would do it in a heart beat. I truly believe your sister will be changing her mind too when she feels better. It is hard but well worth it..... :)

Thank you very much I know you are right. Your right about my sister she just didn't realize how much it really would change her eating habits. It's harder than she thought it would be.

I started off at 186 and am 142 now (3 months out)and do not regret it for one minute. Why wait until you have htn, diabetes etc... to have surgery. Do it before all of that starts! I tried everything to lose and the only thing that has worked is WLS. you won't be sorry....

I started off at 186 and am 142 now (3 months out)and do not regret it for one minute. Why wait until you have htn' date=' diabetes etc... to have surgery. Do it before all of that starts! I tried everything to lose and the only thing that has worked is WLS. you won't be sorry....[/quote']

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I truly appreciate it and need it at this time.

I not 164 I am 185.

No, for MY height, a 30 BMI for ME would be 164. :) Your 30 is 185.

What's going on that makes you wish you don't have to take this route?

Because of health issues, chronic pain from herniated discs I was limited with physical activity. I used to be healthy, strong and able to work out whenever I wanted to. But if I loose the extra weight, I take pressure off those discs and hopefully I can back to an active lifestyle. Which was the deciding factor for me. For those that have the option of activity without surgery- great! Go for it!

I've had a 'simple' complication. Which has put me in BED for the past 6 weeks healing from a torn abdominal muscle. Very, very, very painful and its going to be a LONG rehabilitation for the muscle. Apart from that I don't miss food, it hasn't been a struggle. The Water though. I don't hear anyone talk about the Water. I used to easily drink 90-100 oz of water daily. You need water to survive. I didn't reach 20-30 ounces of fluids daily until I was 6 weeks post op. Talk about severe dehydration! I love water. I want water. I can't drink it. I mourn it. If I could have my water and be fat. I would go back. (As of right now.) Being very blunt and honest, here. Now, as I said, I'm sure this will change as my stomach gets larger and I can drink more. I assume I have lots of swelling. But its really not a simple procedure, this surgery. It comes with great risk. One just has to decide if the complications are worth the risk for themselves. What are your health issues? Will the surgery help you to overcome those risks? Etc.