Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back In Hospital At About 4 Weeks Out

Sending prayers

Sending prayers

Hoping for answers and healing!

Prayers sent

Sent from my iPhone using VST

The swallow study didn't show anything definitive.Now the docs want to sedate me and go in through my mouth with a scope and have a look around and he says it may be difficult due to the shape of my sleeve (the "J"shape) they are looking for ulceration a or anything abnormal.If they decide I need a revision they want to see if they can put it off a few weeks if they can get me to tolerate any nutrition . Just continue I pray that they get to the bottom of this mess soon. Thank you all for your support!

The swallow study didn't show anything definitive.Now the docs want to sedate me and go in through my mouth with a scope and have a look around and he says it may be difficult due to the shape of my sleeve (the "J"shape) they are looking for ulceration a or anything abnormal.If they decide I need a revision they want to see if they can put it off a few weeks if they can get me to tolerate any nutrition . Just continue I pray that they get to the bottom of this mess soon. Thank you all for your support!

Praying for you.

Praying for you

Ok scope revealed that their is a small twist in my sleeve like my doctor thought. Fluid and some foods can make it through but only in small amounts. They have put me back on liquids to see if my sleeve will tolerate very small sips all day long and get me enough nutrition in order to buy time enough see whether this issue will resolve itself or enough time that they don't need to do surgery for a few weeks at least as it would since it will be more tricky to do right now at only 4 weeks out.

Thankful it isn't a leak. But will keep praying with my fingers crossed you can tolerate liquid. Also that your sleeve corrects itself and no further operations are needed.

So sorry to hear you are going through this.

Hugs and prayers. Hope they figure it out.

Prayers for healing and no more surgery are coming your way!!!

Praying now! So sorry you have to go through this, praying it resolves itself, so glad it's not a leak however this sounds just as serious! :(

I had my gallbladder removed in '06 but the pain is similar to gallbladder attacks but just way more intense :( They are you going to do another swallow study in the morning.....

the same thing happened to me , here is my blog post i just copied it !

On Tuesday night I had to be taken to the ER by my husband. What started out as a good day , I was finally able to eat some food , no liquids ! About 9pm i started having MASSIVE stomach pains, cramps that radiated around to my back . They were coming and going, like labor pains !

Finally after not being able to stand up straight around 1AM hubs took me to the ER . The ER where i had my surgery is about 30 mintues away , I told him I dont think i can make it there . He took me to a closer ER one that I HATE because the people are idiots and lazy .

I knew I was in trouble when the nurse said " WELL WHY ON EARTH would you EVER have your lap band removed GEESH ?" I looked at hubs and mouthed OH EFF ! She then proceed to try to start an IV and was talking to her self " Is this a vein or a tendon , vein or tendon ?" While she's poking around on my arm, I told her "you got ONE SHOT to stick me lady ! "

The doc comes in and as I am telling him my history he is looking at me like im speaking french . He has NO IDEA about any kind of WLS .. and tells me " yeah you should have gone to the other ER " WTF !!

I was baffled that a doc had no idea essentially what i was talking about as far as revisions etc . I understand not seeing many patients but to not know ANYTHING ? WTF Is that.

Anyway , they decided to do a CAT scan on me and the nurse ( new one by now ) comes in with 3 glasses of contrast for me to drink and says " you have to drink this in about 10 minutes " I looked at her and LOL and said " YOUR KIDDING right ? " she said " no why ", I told her " It takes me 3 hours to drink 8 oz of Fluid I cant drink that " So she tells me to do the best i can .

After labs and more stupid questions the CAT Scan showed nothing, no leak etc.

So they tell me " You ate too much too soon most likely " THANKS YOU IDIOTS !!

I called my surgeon to let him know I was in the ER and if he had any intelligent response and he told me ( after looking at the reports from the ER ) my body probably was in a little bit of shock from not eating food for so long and the re fried Beans I had probably built up some gas that could not come out and caused the pain . GAS pains ?? Yep gas pains. Well that makes sense !

On a good note after a couple day stall I lost another 2 lbs and im down 20 pounds now !!!

just saw your update. I hope they can fix it soon and you can get some relief.

Sorry to hear about that fellow San Antonioian, you are in my prayers and I know things will work out for you in the end. Keep us informed....