Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Freakin Out.. Liquid Diet Starts Tomorrow

Think emotions have set in.. Anyone else second guessing or having tons of anxiety over the pre op diet?

I started my 2 week liquid diet today and I must say its not going to be fun but after a couple trips to the store I have found alot of stuff I can have so far so good but its only day 1 lol. Best of luck I really think it will go quick after a few days.

Hope you're all doing well on your preop diets! I started my 12 week liquid VLCD yesterday and I'm super excited for the ketosis to kick in. I hate the first few days of headaches and hunger. But I've done liquid diets before and I know how awesome it can be once the first few days are over. You can do this! Just don't forget to keep drinking your Protein. If you get hungry from not having the protein in your belly, that's when binges can happen. Just take it one day, or even one shake at a time!

Hope you're all doing well on your preop diets! I started my 12 week liquid VLCD yesterday and I'm super excited for the ketosis to kick in. I hate the first few days of headaches and hunger. But I've done liquid diets before and I know how awesome it can be once the first few days are over. You can do this! Just don't forget to keep drinking your Protein. If you get hungry from not having the Protein in your belly' date=' that's when binges can happen. Just take it one day, or even one shake at a time![/quote']

12 weeks?! I'm hoping you meant 2 week liquid diet. I don't think I'll ever make it 12 weeks!!

I don't start my preop diet until Jan 1. But, I'm already nervous about it.

12 weeks?! I'm hoping you meant 2 week liquid diet. I don't think I'll ever make it 12 weeks!!

Nope, I meant 12 weeks. It's NOT required... but I want a super skinny liver and I want to lose as much weight as possible prior to surgery for my own comfort and safety. OH and as a bonus, if I lose 40 pounds my surgery will cost me $750.00 less!

Bogey, Don't be nervous. I actually find this MUCH easier than eating in moderation! You just resign yourself to the fact that now is not the time for eating. The first three days are really hard, I won't lie. You might be cranky, kinda sick, have headaches, and of course you'll feel STARVING... but around day four you'll feel much better. Ketosis will kick in and your body will turn into a fat burning machine and your hunger will subside. Be prepared to be the stinky kid though. Seriously, fat burning by ketosis is a stinky, stinky business.

Can I ask a question? Ok I am trying to loose 15 lbs before Dec17th, then pre op starts Christmas day. Right now I am drinking shakes during the day and watching what I eat for dinner and keeping my intake under 1200 calories.

Do you think this will work to help loose the weight or should I switch t

o an all liquid no food for dinner?

Thanks in advance :)

Current 309 i lost from 312

Surg Jan 8

Need to loose 15 or more

Keya, Ask your doctor if you can start your preop diet now. You'll lose a lot more weight on 600-800 high protein-low carb calories a day than you will on 1200... you'll also feel less hungry thanks to ketosis. That whole "OMG don't go under 1200 calories ever" is intended for people who are only a little bit overweight.

Keya' date=' Ask your doctor if you can start your preop diet now. You'll lose a lot more weight on 600-800 high protein-low carb calories a day than you will on 1200... you'll also feel less hungry thanks to ketosis. That whole "OMG don't go under 1200 calories ever" is intended for people who are only a little bit overweight.[/quote']

Ok thanks I have talked with my nut this is what he wants but I see everyone else loosing and me being me I feel I need to try I mean were talking 4 or so weeks what could it hurt just think I would loose more on liquids then what i am doing now my goal weight is 145ish i am 5'5 on good days

SerendipityHappens thank you for the supportive words. Infact thank Barry77 for starting this conversation. I start my preop Jan 1-scheduled surgery the 14th. I am working on getting my head "right" regarding the preop and immediate postop diet. Thank you!

Hope you're all doing well on your preop diets! I started my 12 week liquid VLCD yesterday and I'm super excited for the ketosis to kick in. I hate the first few days of headaches and hunger. But I've done liquid diets before and I know how awesome it can be once the first few days are over. You can do this! Just don't forget to keep drinking your Protein. If you get hungry from not having the Protein in your belly, that's when binges can happen. Just take it one day, or even one shake at a time!

TWELVE WEEK liquid diet!? Oh man! You go!!!

Can I ask a question? Ok I am trying to loose 15 lbs before Dec17th' date=' then pre op starts Christmas day. Right now I am drinking shakes during the day and watching what I eat for dinner and keeping my intake under 1200 calories.

Do you think this will work to help loose the weight or should I switch t

o an all liquid no food for dinner?

Thanks in advance :)

Current 309 i lost from 312

Surg Jan 8

Need to loose 15 or more[/quote']

Hi keya34

I just had surgery a week ago but I a diet that helped me loose about 1lb a day

1-10oz Protein shake made w almond milk for Breakfast

1-lean cuisine for lunch

1-10oz Protein Shake for dinner

4-lbs of all the green veggies u want to eat

drink lots of Water and if u want you can have diet soda, diet snapple ect. In moderation.

Good luck!

Hi keya34

I just had surgery a week ago but I a diet that helped me loose about 1lb a day

1-10oz Protein shake made w almond milk for Breakfast

1-lean cuisine for lunch

1-10oz Protein Shake for dinner

4-lbs of all the green veggies u want to eat

drink lots of Water and if u want you can have diet soda' date=' diet snapple ect. In moderation.

Good luck![/quote']

Thank you for that if i could loose 1 a day I would be so happy let u know how it goes.