Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Days Post-Op Vertical Sleeve

Hello,

I just wanted to post and let you all know that the first two days post-op were pretty painful for me, especially at the hiatal hernia repair location.

Here is the good part. I woke up today feeling way better. Still a little discomfort, but very manageable with liquid Tylenol.

I do not plan on weighing myself until 7 days post-op. I want to give my body some time to adjust and heal.

I am so excited!

Congrats! I am only 25 days out and life is almost back to normal. It gets ALOT better as soon as the pain goes away which for me was probably by day 4. Once you get to the soft food diet (2 days ago for me) life feels like normal again. I am down 42 lbs. so far. Good luck!

Awesome work! It is so cool to hear peoples' success stories. I am so glad I went through with the surgery. I can't wait until I am back on solid foods. Thank you for the encouragement.

Oh, just wanted to say good ideal not to weigh just yet. I weighed more when I got out of the hospital from all the IV fluids they pumped in me while I was there. I weighed 7 lbs more after surgery then before.... I lost that in the first week along with 16 more lbs. I was down 23 lbs from surgery till my 1 week follow up visit to the Doc's office.

Oh' date=' just wanted to say good ideal not to weigh just yet. I weighed more when I got out of the hospital from all the IV fluids they pumped in me while I was there. I weighed 7 lbs more after surgery then before.... I lost that in the first week along with 16 more lbs. I was down 23 lbs from surgery till my 1 week follow up visit to the Doc's office.[/quote']

So it is common to loose that much?

I have lost noticeable weight. I don't really trust the scale in my parents home, but I can see it in the mirror.

I am waiting till my post op visit for exact numbers but I feel as though mine are pretty up there.

Thats amazing... I go in or surgery on Monday!

Hiii today is day 2 post opt, i have to say that day1 was really bad, I had a hernia repaired myself but honestly I am doung well without my pain meds, my incisions dont hurt just a lil discomfort with is normal - for me its nausia - i am doing better today, starting to count my ozes of crydtal light, what else are you drinking? I already know I cant deink Isopure cuz its nasty I will vomit so I am alil scared cuz I wont get any protien from crystal light or popsciles ... Suggestions?

You can try adding unflavored Unjury Protein to sugar free Jello.< /p>

I already know I cant deink Isopure cuz its nasty I will vomit so I am alil scared cuz I wont get any protien from crystal light or popsciles ... Suggestions?

Based on several recommendations, I stocked up on unjury chicken Soup for my upcoming surgery. I haven't tasted it yet (I'm saving it) but I am told it is fantastic.

If you're in the States, I'm sure they can get it to you in a day or two.

I spent a couple hundred dollars looking for a Protein drink I could ( excuse the pun ) stomach. I bought all sorts of stuff cause people said it was good. So, everyone is different when it comes to taste buds but the one I was finally able to deal with is actually good for a Protein Drink.

I went with Cinnamon Roll by Pep-Tide. I mix it with skim milk. The Protein powder is 18 grams of Protein per scoop and the milk has 9 grams of protein for 8 ounces so that's 27 grams of protein in one glass. It also cost less than alot of them. It was only $32 for the big jug. Hope this helps and good luck!

Based on several recommendations, I stocked up on powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup for my upcoming surgery. I haven't tasted it yet (I'm saving it) but I am told it is fantastic.

If you're in the States, I'm sure they can get it to you in a day or two.

I have ordered Unjury chicken Soup and unflavored but it's been like 4 days already and havent received it... i didnt get options for shipping! :(

Today is day 3.. I am walking just fine havent taken ANY pain meds.. oh and yesterday I bot SOBE Zero yumberry pomogrante and it's delicious :) .. still not getting ANY Protein in... cant wait until monday to call my doc and see if i can try some milk - i think i will try some today anyways... :P