Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Days Post Op... Advice?

I am 4days post op also. I work all day to get in Water. I know I am still not getting enough water in yet. I haven't had a bowel movement and can only take a couple sips at a time. My surgeon said that I will hate him now but love him later because he makes a tighter sleeve than most. He said my stomach is only the size of my pointer finger. I am more worried about getting my water in for now so I don't get dehydrated. I will worry about more Protein later. Too bad no one has come out with a Chettos flavored Protein Shake. I am already tired of the variety of sweet shakes out there.

I am 4days post op also. I work all day to get in Water. I know I am still not getting enough Water in yet. I haven't had a bowel movement and can only take a couple sips at a time. My surgeon said that I will hate him now but love him later because he makes a tighter sleeve than most. He said my stomach is only the size of my pointer finger. I am more worried about getting my water in for now so I don't get dehydrated. I will worry about more Protein later. Too bad no one has come out with a Chettos flavored Protein shake. I am already tired of the variety of sweet shakes out there.

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury makes a chicken Soup flavored one. Though I haven't tried it I've heard great things. You could also try unflavored. Protein is very important for the healing process

I'm sipping Unjury chicken Soup flavored Protein right now and it tastes good. :)

Wow...I'm 4 days post op....and am not even considering cottage cheese, thin cheese, cheese of any or sort (and I'm a cheeseaholic)...I'm either sipping 1 of 10 or more flavors of Chrystal Light all day, or 1 of the 3 16oz protien liquid drink required...there's a cup in my hand at all times it seems. Sounds like I'm doing ok, as I am able to get in the 48-64 oz's of liquids in a day...32 of which are protien drinks. Take care and keep on keeping on!!

My extreme gas from last night will make me stick to Soup, Protein, and applesauce. cheese can wait

I was also sleeved on 11/26 n this gas pain is HELL !!!.....I know I'm not getting my Water in like I should but I'm working on it.....I can't believe ur on more than liquids.....I'm on Thin liquids week 1,.....thicker liquids week 2 ....soft week 3,....& solid week 4 !!! I can't wait until week 2 so I can have me some black bean Soup ....(blended)!!!! I went n walked da mall yesterday n had to stop n rest here n there other than that I'm good .....I wish all of yall da best ......when is everybody going back to work ????

Thank goodness I don't work...I couldn't even imagine that thought right now. Managing this post op diet is work enough, and worth it, and hopefully a huge payoff in the end!!

I'm back to work 12/12. Kaiser releases you from the hospital on all liquids. So I was on clears for 2 days. And now I'm all liquid and that includes yogurt and cottage cheese. It's just not sitting well.

A favorite of mine is miso broth. I'm trying to stick to the meal plan with 3 meals a day but the miso tempts me so much! It's 20 cals a cup so not bad. But I shouldn't be eating between meals. My NUT said grazing is a bad habit to get into so early.

I guess all doctors are different. Everyone has their own plan

Yea I see every doctor is different.......I got for my follow up on Tuesday n I'm planning on going back to work on da 12th also .....my best friend say that may b too soon ....I hope not cuz I'm ready this house is making me lazy

Thank goodness I don't work...I couldn't even imagine that thought right now. Managing this post op diet is work enough' date=' and worth it, and hopefully a huge payoff in the end!![/quote']

Lmao .....Lucky u not having to work !!!! U r right this post op diet is work enough n yes it will b worth it !!!! Check out this web page its great ....Theworldaccordingtoeggface !!!! She have all kinds of great things to eat from liquids to solid

I'm bored at home too. Nothing to do, can't walk cuz of the rain. I'm not trying to catch a cold. So I'm mainly indoors. Is anyone driving yet?

I stopped taking pain meds 4 days ago, you think I'd be safe to drive? I'm 6 days out

I've grabbed my husband (who needs WLS also) and walked a couple of times today. 1st time was 4 houses down, 2nd time was 6 houses. This is a huge event for me, cuz b4 surgery I was seeing a chiropractor for low back pain...now I'm afraid all that work has been undone. Bored also, trying to watch "Liz and d**k"... ugh, not keeping my attention at all!