Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whey Protine? Isolate?

Im so confused confused I see whey but not the word isolate is that ok???

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using VST

Isolate is best!!! I found minds at Walmart and most drug stores sell it too. Also do your surgeon have a store that sell supplies we need. Minds does in NC. You can also order online.

Yes it does matter. Walmart and GNC have many options. I got mine online from vitacost. I went with Jay Robb because I don't feel comfortable with artificial sweeteners and Jay Robb uses stevia.

Where are you seeing the word Whey? Are you looking at the ingredients or the front label?

Whey should be the first ingredient listed. Isolate is the best, but concentrate is perfectly fine as well.

Make sure the ingredients DO NOT include the woes Gelatin or collagen. These are Protein sources many manufacturers use to make their labels look impressive but are of ZERO benefit as these Proteins pass through the digestive system completely intact.

What is the product you are looking at?

Where are you seeing the word Whey? Are you looking at the ingredients or the front label?

Whey should be the first ingredient listed. Isolate is the best' date=' but concentrate is perfectly fine as well.

Make sure the ingredients DO NOT include the woes Gelatin or collagen. These are Protein sources many manufacturers use to make their labels look impressive but are of ZERO benefit as these Proteins pass through the digestive system completely intact.

What is the product you are looking at?[/quote']

I purchased three so far GNC 100 percent whey protein- body fortress whey protein- an one from Walmart whey protein. Is this ok to use?? An what to look for befor i purchase more? Thanks for all ur help:^):^)

I purchased three so far GNC 100 percent whey protein- body fortress whey protein- an one from Walmart whey Protein. Is this ok to use?? An what to look for befor i purchase more? Thanks for all ur help:^):^)

The GNC product is the best of the 2 I can comment on.

The body fortress is also a good option although IMO it tastes horrible.

As for the 3rd option from Wal-Mart since I'm not sure which product it is I can't say much.

Whatever you do stay away from the Protein Shots.< /p>

post-30418-13813661225956_thumb.jpg

post-30418-13813661226475_thumb.jpg

The GNC product is the best of the 2 I can comment on.

The body fortress is also a good option although IMO it tastes horrible.

As for the 3rd option from Wal-Mart since I'm not sure which product it is I can't say much.

Whatever you do stay away from the Protein Shots.< /p>

The third is by six-star, I wasnt home earlier an could not remember the brand . But the pics you posted is exactly mine. Thank you For your help I'll keep in mind about the Protein shots. Thanks (*^﹏^*)

The third is by six-star' date=' I wasnt home earlier an could not remember the brand . But the pics you posted is exactly mine. Thank you For your help I'll keep in mind about the Protein Shots. Thanks (*^﹏^*)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using VST[/quote']

Six star is another one of those good quality if you can handle the taste deals. I've got a jug of it but dread having to drink it.

What's up with the Protein Shots? ? Pros and cons?

What's up with the Protein Shots? ? Pros and cons?

They are completely useless. There is no upside.

Hello All:

I am in need of some help myself. I can't find a very good tasting Protein power, does anyone have any good suggestions. And from what my surgeon states it is very important to use the Whey Isolated, because it helps with the weight loss and builds muscle mass. I was using Unjury the chicken flavor, it's great and it taste like chicken noodle Soup, but it has a lot of sodium it in, but if you do not have high blood pressure it's a great way to get your protein in, and the weight melts off. I just can't use any of the products since my surgery, something is going on with my taste buds.

Hello All:

I am in need of some help myself. I can't find a very good tasting Protein power' date=' does anyone have any good suggestions. And from what my surgeon states it is very important to use the whey Isolated, because it helps with the weight loss and builds muscle mass. I was using Unjury the chicken flavor, it's great and it taste like chicken noodle Soup, but it has a lot of sodium it in, but if you do not have high blood pressure it's a great way to get your protein in, and the weight melts off. I just can't use any of the products since my surgery, something is going on with my taste buds.[/quote']

whey isolate is the best protein available. But there are definitely other good options. In the Whey category I recommend

1-Unjury (chocolate splendor or chicken soup)

2-Nectar by Syntrax (fuzzy navel, cherry, or truffle)

3- Chike (this is IMO the best tasting protein supplement

Then there are other good protein sources like:

Hemp protein (I buy Nutiva 15g)

Egg protein (Jay Robb)

I get approximately 1/3-1/2 of my protein from whey about the same from whole food items & the balance from egg or hemp powders.< /p>