Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Iso: Pear-Shaped? Post-Op Advice

No Offense Intended!!

Hello Ladies... I only 3 weeks out and curious to get other "Pear-Shaped" Sleever advice.

FYI: I am very Peary Lol... Big butt & wide thighs... in the past when I've dieted I tend to lose weight in my face and bust :( Which sucks because I don't have a big face and my chest is only a small C/D if I'm lucky. For being a thick lady... I don't have too much on top!

Pears.... With the sleeve - Will my thighs & butt finally melt off???

I don't want to lose my pear-shape all together...

I just want to be a...

Petiter - Puerto Rican - Pear ;)

Also... Will I lose my boobs?

I have the same problem....interested in the answer to that myself. Good luck.

I need to do some more recent pictures but for me ( a very pear shaped girl) I lost it from the top down... face then shoulders, then boobs and waist and back and then the butt and thighs. About 73pounds down and half way to goal. My boobs have deflated as my husband puts it, still lots to loose on the bottom half, it is going, I love the change- fit in every chair now without issue. I am sure that I will always be pear shaped, always was even at half my size.

I'm kind of Peary. I'm down 72 lbs.... My upper body, now small... My lower half is catching up. My thighs and calfs are smaller, my butt is definetly getting smaller, but 72 lbs has only lowered me 1 pant size :(. But I'm only 3 months out.... So I'm hoping my Peary shape will def get smaller!!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Wow... 3 months out & 72 pds lost!!! Awesome!!! Congrats :)

My highest weight was: 310

I started to lose weight & seriously inquired re: WLS

Dropped wt to: 258

Pre-op appt: 245

Surgery date: 235

10 days post-op: 225

17 days: 220 stall due to my cycle :/

New Years goal... 200 :)

Not sure if its doable but I would Love to succeed :)

I am very pear-y, or as my husband lovingly calls me, his "Coke bottle" wife. I have lost a little bit in the bust...and I kind of figured that would happen, but I've also lost in the arms, butt, thighs, and legs. I can see a big difference in the legs now. I really attribute that to Water aerobics three times a week. Exercise can really help tighten things up.

I think I look more proportioned overall now. I know that after three kids, my stretched out belly is going to be the last to go. One thing that happened to me after I lost about 40 lbs...I was finally able to fit into Victoria's Secret bras. They have an Angels one that's push up and gives you two cup sizes. Wow, does that ever make me confident. It makes me feel like I'm standing taller and prouder when I wear it.

In my case, I wasn't so much worried about what my body would look like post WLS as how things would be medically. I have been on high doses of blood pressure medication since I was 20, and now the only thing I'm still taking is a Water pill. I'll continue looking like an Easter egg on stilts for that!

I'm kind of Peary. I'm down 72 lbs.... My upper body, now small... My lower half is catching up. My thighs and calfs are smaller, my butt is definetly getting smaller, but 72 lbs has only lowered me 1 pant size :(. But I'm only 3 months out.... So I'm hoping my Peary shape will def get smaller!!

Do you have before & after pics?

Not really good body ones... But I have some....

post-56252-13838396990803_thumb.jpg

Before @ 299 lbs

post-66507-13838396990926_thumb.jpg

post-66507-13838396991667_thumb.jpg

post-70906-13838396992415_thumb.jpg

After @ 227 lbs

post-30789-13813661221895_thumb.jpg

post-30789-13813661222622_thumb.jpg

post-30789-13813661223019_thumb.jpg

post-30789-13813661223852_thumb.jpg

You look great!! I weigh 230 now but i'm 5'1" and BMI of 43.5.. my ideal weight is 130 but i'd settle for 145... good luck in your journey.. keep me posted.. check out my journey via You tube

Thanks ladies. I'm feeling good! And hubby cannot keep his hands off! Lol

It is so good to see this thread! I've lost about 77 lbs since surgery and have been concerned to pissed off that more pants sizes have not been dropped! lol. I have gone down a couple but not what I expected to equal the lbs. To date I have lost mostly in the face, chest and waist area. The hips/butt/thighs are getting smaller but slowly.