Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trying To Stop Losing Weight!

Here's something I thought I'd never hear myself say, I'm now trying to maintain my weight and stop losing it. I was sleeved 10th May 2012 and I've now lost 42kg. I'm now easily within my healthy BMI however I can't stop losing weight! I'm now eating whatever I want 6 times a day just to manage it. I'm starting to look unwell.

It's pretty common in the beginning. Don't worry about it. The farther out you are from surgery, the more you can eat. You'll just naturally start to have a little bigger portion sizes. For now, snack on nuts in between meals. They are a healthy fat that we actually need, and a great way to get more calories.

You'll be able to maintain whatever weight you want to be, eventually. It's just trial and error right now.

I'm sure it's temporary while you find you feet and it all balances out, like Oregondaisy said.

............. nice problem to have tho!!

Deano

Here's something I thought I'd never hear myself say' date=' I'm now trying to maintain my weight and stop losing it. I was sleeved 10th May 2012 and I've now lost 42kg. I'm now easily within my healthy BMI however I can't stop losing weight! I'm now eating whatever I want 6 times a day just to manage it. I'm starting to look unwell.[/quote']

I'm going to try to take you at face value and reply sincerely.

If this is indeed a genuine problem and you're concerned, speak to your doctor and/or nutritionist. They can advise you about the healthiest ways to maintain now that you're at goal.

My personal thought on posting in this particular section might sound harsh, but I'm being honest. Not many people have your issue. Few will, if ever, encounter it or be at a loss at how to handle it. I don't believe you were intentionally insensitive by posting here, but a few people might see it that way. Just so you won't be surprised by harsh comments, I'm letting you know, in part, why they will.

Best of luck to you!

hmm that's kinda weird haha

If this is indeed a genuine problem and you're concerned' date=' speak to your doctor and/or nutritionist. They can advise you about the healthiest ways to maintain now that you're at goal.

My personal thought on posting in this particular section might sound harsh, but I'm being honest. Not many people have your issue. Few will, if ever, encounter it or be at a loss at how to handle it. I don't believe you were intentionally insensitive by posting here, but a few people might see it that way. Just so you won't be surprised by harsh comments, I'm letting you know, in part, why they will.

Best of luck to you![/quote']

I've spoken to the surgeon and nut and they've provided me with a different diet, yes it is a genuine problem and I will admit that it's better having to deal with this as opposed to fighting being overweight.

With regards to your other thoughts I think that's definitely a fair call.

I really dont understand why people are dubious that this problem is genuine....

I started out with a 40 BMI, my surgeon admitted yesterday that maybe I shouldn't have gotten it done! Yeh great thanks for that. I have a mate who is going through the same problem.

I really dont understand why people are dubious that this problem is genuine....

I've seen a couple of uTube vids of people with the same issue.

If this is indeed a genuine problem and you're concerned, speak to your doctor and/or nutritionist. They can advise you about the healthiest ways to maintain now that you're at goal.

Best of luck to you!

Seriously? This is an issue that many people deal with. I'm still okay with losing a little more weight but my face is starting to look older and sickly. I'd be about 7-10lbs less if I didn't have excess skin and that would put me at 129-132 for being 5'6" with quite a bit of muscle mass. (My pic is before i reached goal a year ago).

To the OP don't worry, you are pretty new out from surgery. Around a year out I could eat 1/3 more than at 6 months out. Your weight loss will slow down and you will even out. What is your weight/height now?

There is a rumour going around my work at the moment that I have breast cancer. This is because I have lost over 35kg in 3.5 months, have lost all my extra weight from my upper body leading people to think I had a double mastectomy, I've had glandular fever since being sleeved which meant that I had 3 weeks off work and came back to work on light duties and am extremely tired. I have also had my hair cut shorter and dyed bright red which means that everybody is noticing it falling out all over my black work shirts.

Losing too much weight too quickly and wanting to slow it down is not something that people should be attacking each other for. I have a bmi of 23 now, and although I have to get to 18 to be underweight, I don't want to lose a lot more weight as quickly as I have.

Don't be judgemental. If you want to call my situation BS, go for it. Or, you could just chose not to read this thread.

Sorry Robbie, I'm of no help to you. I'm in the same boat. Those comments just gave me the ****$.

Seriously? This is an issue that many people deal with. I'm still okay with losing a little more weight but my face is starting to look older and sickly. I'd be about 7-10lbs less if I didn't have excess skin and that would put me at 129-132 for being 5'6" with quite a bit of muscle mass. (My pic is before i reached goal a year ago).

To the OP don't worry' date=' you are pretty new out from surgery. Around a year out I could eat 1/3 more than at 6 months out. Your weight loss will slow down and you will even out. What is your weight/height now?[/quote']

Yeh I'm starting to have that sunken in cheeks look, my shoulders have gotten very boney and you can see my spine. Even eating whatever I want as often as I can I'm still losing an average of 1/2kg a week. I'm 167cm in height and I just went and weighed myself which is the 1st time since last week and I now weigh 67kg, which means I actually lost 1kg last week DAMN!!! Yeh hopefully your right with regards to quantity.

There is a rumour going around my work at the moment that I have breast cancer. This is because I have lost over 35kg in 3.5 months' date=' have lost all my extra weight from my upper body leading people to think I had a double mastectomy, I've had glandular fever since being sleeved which meant that I had 3 weeks off work and came back to work on light duties and am extremely tired. I have also had my hair cut shorter and dyed bright red which means that everybody is noticing it falling out all over my black work shirts.

Losing too much weight too quickly and wanting to slow it down is not something that people should be attacking each other for. I have a bmi of 23 now, and although I have to get to 18 to be underweight, I don't want to lose a lot more weight as quickly as I have.

Don't be judgemental. If you want to call my situation BS, go for it. Or, you could just chose not to read this thread.

Sorry Robbie, I'm of no help to you. I'm in the same boat. Those comments just gave me the ****.[/quote']

Cheers Puppy.