Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 Months Post-Op, Down 120 Lbs

I meant to post this yesterday which would have been 8 months by date but I ran out of time. Quick overview - I had lapband for about 6 years, and I believe it was slipped for about 3 of those. I had revision surgery in March of this year. After my revision I stalled. Hard. Starting about 3 weeks post-op, and lasting until right around 3 or 3.5 months. I also haven't anything but swap the same numbers for the last 3 weeks. I've always been prone to stalls, but I do wonder what my loss would look like had I been able to 'capitalize' fully on my first few months post-op.

Lapband highest: 348

Lapband lowest: 238 (a little lower, but that was due to pregnancy, not the band)

Lapband removal day: 284

Sleeve surgery day: 348

Today: 228

8 months post-op and I'm down 120 lbs. My before pic was taken 3 days before surgery. It hurts my heart, a lot, to see where I was. I still have 40 - 55 lbs to lose (I'm about 5'10, so my "by the charts" goal weight is in the neighborhood of 175), depending on what "goal weight" I want to go by. My wads of loose skin are ridiculous - my body is _wrecked_. I'm pretty sure I'm already carrying about 2 sizes' worth of skin. But that was a known, and can be fixed.

Highest ever sizes: 30/32 pant, 30/32 top

Day of sleeve surgery: 28 pant, 26 top

Today: 18 pant, XL top (sometimes junior XXL, sometimes misses L, just depends)

I would've liked to have made 199 by 1 yr. I am not going to make it, but one of these days...

Pic didn't attach, let's try again.

I have to photograph myself in the fitting rooms now. I have no concept of my body's appearance unless I can see it as removed from myself. Hence the weird fitting room pic - I was trying on a new coat.

post-7941-13813661212106_thumb.png

Congrats! You look wonderful! Keep up the great work

Cute coat...and cute chickie in it :P

Great work. You are doing wonderfully and it shows!!!!

Fantastic! You've done so great. When I was sleeved you were about a month out and I looked to you for motivation and what to expect. Great job again! Btw, where is that coat at? So cute :)

Hi

Im going to have my life changing event in thw morning. I have lost weight. Gain it back fir the past 3yrs. Im ready to lose and keep it off. Im starting at 245. I pray that ill get to 160. With in 6 months.

Awesome