Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hair Hell - Please Give Me Good News....

Garnier Fall Fight Shampoo and conditioner. It contains Biotin... Have heard great reviews in regards to helping with Hair loss

It works great. I have thin hair to start with, before surgery my hair started breaking. I started using this shampoo and conditioner. I have not had any breakage. I am 10 1/2 weeks post op I hope it continues to work.

My doctor's Nurse says, "there are no bald wls patients. hair loss stops when your loss seems to slow down."

I have Biotin but haven't opened it. The last time I took Biotin I broke out in bumps. ALL OVER MY BODY. I'm scared. I'm trying not to take it.

I had a lengthy discussion with my nutritionist at my appointment yesterday. (Hair loss) she said that Iron and zinc are the Vitamins to take as a supplement to Multivitamin and Protein to keep from hair loss/hair health. I've added both into my regimen. She advised the multi Vitamin is not enough and stressed that I should take a daily schedule...mine looks like this

Morning: flinstone chewable' date=' b-12 sublingual, Iron chewable, and my Acid prevention.

4 hrs later: 2 Calcium, Vitamin D 5000 drops (once per week)

4 hrs later: 2 calcium

Night: flinstone chewable, b-complex Vitamin

She has advised that the Flinstones contain the right amt of zinc in one chewable but other nutrients require 2 per day...

I hope that this helps! I have been adamant in talking with her about my nutrients and hair because I also am very afraid of hair loss...[/quote']

Girl, my vitamin/mineral regiment has been basically identical to what yours is and I am still losing like no other :( everyone I've talked to says the same, they took their vites like clockwork and still lost a ton. I think it's just inevitable. Good news though is it grows back! Lol so a couple years from now we'll all have our great hair back AND be skinny! :) score! Lol :)

Girl, my vitamin/mineral regiment has been basically identical to what yours is and I am still losing like no other :( everyone I've talked to says the same, they took their vites like clockwork and still lost a ton. I think it's just inevitable. Good news though is it grows back! Lol so a couple years from now we'll all have our great hair back AND be skinny! :) score! Lol :)

EEEEEEKKKKK I sure as heck hope this is not so! Either way, like everyone says, I've never seen a bald weight loss patient, and it grows back.

I still have no regrowth and I am

18 months out. I might cut it because it just looks silly long since you can see right through it.

Wow. Its just hair get a grip. Guess going thru 8 yrs of chemo has given me such a different outlook. Its a temporary thing theres so much more to you than your hair. As well as so much more to be thankful for like your improved health now that we are losing those pounds

Wow. Its just hair get a grip. Guess going thru 8 yrs of chemo has given me such a different outlook. Its a temporary thing theres so much more to you than your hair. As well as so much more to be thankful for like your improved health now that we are losing those pounds

Congratulations on making it through chemo. I understand you may feel this way, but to many women Hair loss is very frightening, and for many WLS patients, it is the first time we have lost ours.