Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention February 2013 Sleeve Buddies!

One more day and I'll go in for a revision to sleeve and fix a hiatal hernia....getting the jetters. I have to be on two weeks of full liquids...what does that entail? Also I take BP meds and another med that is pretty big. What do you do..chop them up or did your doctor give you different meds? I just now thought about that.

I've been able to take my medications just fine...if they are tablets, break them in half. Best bet is to ask your doc!

When does the soreness go away?? Im not in pain but man oh man my left side is sore as I dont know wat

I'm 7 days out and I'm still super sore on my right side. I cant even sit and bend to my right with out a lot of pain. Can do it on my left. I try stretching a little bit each day

Hello ' date=' I had my sleeve on feb 1,2013... feel great but cant loss weight, today is feb 21 2013 and i only have lost 3Lbs.... :([/quote']

I was sleeved on 14th and I'm only down 5 # post op :(

I was sleeved on 2/19th 3lbs down.

Hello ' date=' I had my sleeve on feb 1,2013... feel great but cant loss weight, today is feb 21 2013 and i only have lost 3Lbs.... :([/quote']

Be patient. Step away from the scale and assess your input. Enough Protein? Enough Fluid? Focus on that. The weight loss will come.

Ok. For those of you who are finding it hard to get in all of your liquids, the diet my surgeon has perscribed for the two weeks after surgery has been doing very well for me. Of course, Follow your own surgeons directions but I hope this may help some of you that are having difficulty getting your liquids in.

Instructions:

1. Consume 4 ounces of liquid per hour. (1 ounce every 15 minutes as tolerated)

Include 2 ounces from Clear Liquids list and 2 ounces from Full Liquids list hourly.

Do this every hour you are awake (at least 12 hours) to prevent dehydration.

2. As part of your liquids, include 8 ounces of a Protein supplement per day in 1 ounce portions.

3. Do not begin eating solid foods until directed to do so by your surgeon.

Here is a list of items that my surgeon suggested:

Clear liquid:

*Fat Freem broth or Bullion (cubes, granules, or packets)

*Sugar Free Jello

*Sugar Free Popsicles (None with fruit bits at this stage as the bits could cause harm to sleeve)

*Water and sugar free Water flavor packets 10 calories or less- i.e. Wyler's Light, Crystal Light, Kool-aid.

* Decaffinated Tea & coffee (can use splenda, equal, stevia, or sweet-n-low)

Full Liquids:

*Protein Supplement of choice

*No Sugar added Carnation Breakfast Essentials

*Mashed Potatoes (thin, no lumps)

*Low Sodium V-8 juice (only during this 2 week phase)

*No sugar added frozen yogurt (no fruit bits)

*Sugar-free custard or pudding (thinned)

* Light yogurt (no fruit or nuts)

*Skim, 1%, or 2% milk, rice milk, soy milk, Mootopia HEB Brand High Protein Milk (Probably only my fellow Texans will know about the Mootpia!)

*Cream of Wheat, Cream of Rice, Malt-o-Meal (thinned)

*Blended, Strained, Creamed Soups ( Blended cream of potato made with skim milk, no lumps) (this is very yummy)

Foods NOT Allowed:

*Sodas (not even Sprite)

*Solid Food: until directed by surgeon

*Fruit Juice (my surgeon recommends that you no longer drink fruit juice)

*Smoothies or Milkshakes (also never recommended)

*Stews or chunky soups: (until directed by surgeon)

* Honey or Syrup (don't add chocolate syrup to milk unless it's surgar free)

*Sugar or candy (Sweets of any kind)

*Protein Bars, Beef Jerky, and Pork rinds

Hope this helps some of you!! I know it's working out pretty well for me, my only problem is staying awake long enough during the day to get continual liquids!

Alright my fellow February sleevers! There does not seem to be too many of us currently' date=' but I know more will come along! Please join the February 2013 Sleevers group so that we can keep up with each other!!!

Happy Holidays,

-Liz[/quote']

How can we become a member. A lot of people arw asking

The best way is to click the tab on the homepage that says "community" then click the tab labeled "social groups". Then to the left there will be a blank field where you can type in the group name "February 2013 Sleeve Buddies" then once it pulls up the group, click join and then you are done.

It's been great to hear everyone stories so motviating - sleeved feb 4 and down 20 lbs - had complications in the hospital but it's been smooth sailing - it will happen

I was sleeved on Feb 5th and in down 18 pounds

My left side soreness went away right around 7 days. I have a JP drain in tho' date=' so it may not actually take that long.[/quote']

What is a jp drain??

Just got home. Feeling pretty good. Only a little sore at the port sites. Nothing the Tylenol with codeine can't handle. Hubby is hearing up my broth now. Been tooting and burping which feels AMAZING!

Yay I'm finely home I feel so much better just spence the removed the drain! I had some broth and some suger free banana pudding made with enriched milk great was to hide the Protein ,, but I'm feelin good .. Date of surgery I weighed 231 that was down 29 lbs from my highest weight I get home and weighty myself and I'm back up to 240 I'm guessing its all the sweeling and I've fluids.. Hmmmmmm

What is a jp drain??

Looks like a Lil Grenade. Its a drain that's placed during surgery to drain the surgical site. For me it was removed on day of discharge.

Yay I'm finely home I feel so much better just spence the removed the drain! I had some broth and some suger free banana pudding made with enriched milk great was to hide the Protein ' date=', but I'm feelin good .. Date of surgery I weighed 231 that was down 29 lbs from my highest weight I get home and weighty myself and I'm back up to 240 I'm guessing its all the sweeling and I've fluids.. Hmmmmmm

[/quote']

Yes it is. Frustrating but it will come off!

Glad your home!!!

Looks like a Lil Grenade. Its a drain that's placed during surgery to drain the surgical site. For me it was removed on day of discharge.

I had one. I have a pain one that I wil have to take out soon