Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Good The Bad And The Ugly...and Pics :)

*5 weeks post op on Thursday

*37+ pounds down (last couple weeks have been slow but it doesn't bother me cuz I know it will continue to come off seeing that I'm not still on my 5000 calorie a day fast food diet any longer)

*CW 193, HW 230+

*less than 15 pounds from my HS graduation weight

Went out with my overly supportive ex to dinner tonight and after talking to him I have realized some NSV's that I can tell I've lost weight and the things that make the loss not apparent to me. Maybe some of you can relate, and I'd love to hear what you have to add to my lists.

***the good, my NSVs***

-when I put my hand on my chest/shoulder there are depressions above AND below my collar bones (a long ways to go but at least I know they are under there somewhere)

-I'm feeling deflated, my upper arms and inner thights, even my butt cheeks are not tight with fat anymore, happy to have a different kind of jiggle

-I had to wear my denim/spandex denim skinny jean jeggings tonight because all of my old jeans are almost too big to be comfortable (even the ones that used to be too tight but I kept in my wish pile anyways)

-I can wear above mentioned skinny jeans without sporting a camel toe

-I bought two pair of size 12 silvers off ebay yesterday and feel pretty confident I'll be in them after new years (not bad since I was in 18/20 to start off last new years).

-I slouch easier when I sit, the top of my belly is an inny again, bottoms still a bit of an outie but they fold in on each other so I can sit around comfortably without the pressure of my top fat roll getting squeezed against my bottom fat roll lol

-my class ring that I have worn religiously since my Sophmore year in HS is too big and it won't be long before it falls off all together, hard to believe that my chubby fingers are less chubby than they were back then

-I no longer have deep elastic marks on my cankles when I take my socks off after a long night at work

-I have noticed more of a cleft under my butt so theres more definition between where my legs end and my butt begins

-I HAVE ONE CHIN!!!!

-I have to remind myself/force myself to eat throughout the day instead of it being my focus from the time I wake up

-I now drink 6 glasses of Water a day instead of 6 cans of diet dr pepper a day and no water (like I had for the last 10 years)

-it's so much easier to shave my "down there", as mentioned earlier only having one mini roll to deal is so much better

-my backboobs that were a healthy B-cup are down to AA cup and almost aren't noticeable at all now

-my dating options have opened up, I've never been comfortable being with a man that is very much smaller than I am (just didn't feel right or comfortable for me personally). Now I'm feeling comfortable dating men that are 170 pounds, which would have never been the case in the past

***the bad and the ugly***

-I may get my HS weight back but I'll never have my HS body back

-I'll never look in the mirror and say "oh my boobs look perkier today" or "oh my goodness my stretch marks have disappeared"

-what doesn't wiggle with fat now jiggles with skin and less fat

-I've noticed more fine lines on my face now that theres not as much fat there to keep the wrinkles plumped up

-I have thousands of dollars of barely worn silver jeans in my closet that I can no longer wear that I have to try to get some money back out of to help pay for the new jeans I need

-I've always wanted sleeve tattoos on my upper arms anyways, but I'm gonna have to shell out sooner than expected to camoflage my batwings and stretch marks with ink, which I much prefer to surgery

-theres not near as much good stuff to order off of the kids menu as there is the regular Entrees lol

-I'm afraid that my big nose is going to look even bigger as my face thins out and my chubby cheeks aren't there to balance it out

-although they are getting smaller I still have my "baby boobs" that I grew under my big boobs on my ribcage, I don't know how long it'll take for those rib fat pads to be gone or if they ever really will be but I'm hoping not much longer

-I'm hesitant to get into a relationship with anyone because I'm not sure they will be attracted to the 50 pound thinner me that I will be in a few more months since they are meeting the me in progress, I don't want to be false advertising

-every day in the shower when I wash my hair I get a knot in my stomach wondering if this will be the day that I start to get handful of hair with every rinse, especially since I've had a hard time getting in all my Protein

-I haven't been my goal weight since I was probably a freshman in HS and I'm nervous about how I will look "healthy"

-already anticipating $$$ of the boob lift I'm gonna get when I get to goal

-I'm really going to be a door mat for my two 90 pound dogs once I don't have as much weight to throw into "fighting back" lol

I'm sure theres more but my brain is exhausted after jotting these down :)

post-69347-13838396974201_thumb.png post-69347-13838396974767_thumb.png post-62550-13838396975334_thumb.jpg post-38722-13838396975428_thumb.png post-38722-13838396976061_thumb.png

post-40965-13813661176801_thumb.jpg

post-40965-13813661202917_thumb.jpg

post-40965-13813661203989_thumb.jpg

post-40965-13813661205185_thumb.jpg

post-40965-13813661206459_thumb.jpg

Thanks for telling us the good, the, bad and the ugly.

you look amazing btw!

FFTF,

Thanks for posting. I can say you're looking great. Don't worry about your insecurities. I see nothing wrong with your nose. Mine is a bit on the large size IMO. But I'm the only one that seems to notice. We are our own worse critics.

As for dating, never let anything step in the way of your potential for love. Just be up front. I'm not saying you have to divulge everything, but before anything gets too serious let your potential mate know that if he/she is a chubby chaser that it is time to move on because there is no way in hell you are going to fit into that category going forward.

Keep up the great work. You are doing great!!

PS. Don't sweat the skin thing. It will continue to shrink for 2 years. It may not ever catch up 100% , but then again it might. Either way it'll get way better than you see today.

-theres not near as much good stuff to order off of the kids menu as there is the regular entrees lol

-I'm really going to be a door mat for my two 90 pound dogs once I don't have as much weight to throw into "fighting back" lol

Funny on the kids menu. Just think, "Leftovers!!"

I use a "prong" type training collar on my Lab when I walk her. I probably wouldn't have ever considered it, but I had taken her to to a training boot camp, and that's what they had to use for her. When it's on, she's an absolute angel, and I don't really even have to "use" it. Rarely do I have to give her a correction, and when I do, it's not a big one. My wife and my MIL refuse to use it because they're afraid of how it looks, but like I said, just being on at this point, makes all the difference in the world!

http://www.amazon.co...ils_o08_s02_i01

Oh, and what OTR said about relationships and your nose! You're a pretty girl and I'm sure you'll figure it out just fine!

You look great and IMO, many of the things on your "bad" list aren't so bad at all or won't be forever. Ditto on what everyone else said about not missing out on opportunities for love--if someone really cares for you, it won't matter how much you weigh. Wishing you continued success!

This was so funny and true. I'm at the beginning can't wait to get to the end.