Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Long Til You Got To 600-800 Calories/day?

I don't worry about the calories. I was told to concentrate on Protein (70 grams per day), carbs (less than 90 per day), and Water (64 oz).

I'm 4 weeks out of surgery and still on full liquids but my shakes go down VERY easily. I can easily hit 550-650 cals/day. I'm really hoping to stay at that level when I start soft/mushy foods this Friday. Really hoping to feel the restriction I have yet to feel.

I don't see how anyone gets under 600 with getting all your Protein in. I'm 3 weeks out and am at 600-700 calories a day. That's with eating high Protein food and milk and I still only get about 60-70 g of protein.

Maybe our surgeons have us on different types of Protein shakes. Today I got 80 grams of protein with 1 Protein shake & 1 Isopure Water. My Protein Shakes with skim milk are only 154 calories. The Isopure Water had 40 grams of protein and are only 160 calories. 80 grams for only 314 calories.

I am 3 months out and getting in between 700-800 a day. When I was below that, I would stall and not lose. Now I am trying to get most of my Protein in by food but still have to supplement with one shake. I am a nurse but met with the nut once and not sure that I agree with the "Atkins" diet approach to this. I am taking it slow and trying to eat a balanced diet and concentrating on building habits I can live with and sustain.

You might search the thread "My Fitness Pal" and sign up, there you can see other's food diaries and you will see lots of variety in how people appoach all of this. Not necessarily wrong or right, but quite a varied approach!