Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

California? Anyone...ツ

Dr. Khayat at Kaiser in S. San Francisco is doing my surgery July 1st. I'm excited but also scared. My husband is worried that I will not be able to stay on the diet even after the surgery. I'm a little worried as well as I do enjoy good food and I am struggling to find interesting recipes that will work afterwards. Sorry this is kind of off topic.

Dr. Robert Li from Kaiser SSF sleeved me. He is an AMAZING surgeon. I love him!

Hi everyone!!! Im in Manteca' date='Ca and if approved I will be getting my surgery in Kaiser Fremont CA. I just got the referral sent over and they are supposed to call me today or tomorrow to schedule my orientation meeting! Im so excited and can hardly contain myself. Since attending at least one support group is mandatory could I go to one now before I do anything else?[/quote']

I'm from Manteca and went thru Kaiser, too! Yay...glad to find someone close by! I tried going thru Fremont 5 years ago, but the program was tough and I eventually dropped out. (I don't think I was mentally prepared at that time to be honest). I ended up going thru Fresno and it was a BREEZE! I attended the orientation March 1, 2013 and had surgery on April 23, 2013. I'm going in tomorrow for my follow-up appointment....I'm down 25 pounds in 5 weeks.

There is a support group that meets at New Hope Church here in town once a month. Let me know if you'd like the details and I'll get them to you. At Fresno, they would could the support group meeting if you attend early; not sure about Fremont. Good luck on your journey!!!

There is a sup

Yay!!! Yes I'd love the info. Dr Li actually sent my info by accident to Fresno but I had them forward it to Fremont! I now wish I did Fresno if it was that easy!! How was your recovery? So happy someone in my town. But yes send me

Info for meetings and ill go

To the next one

Did you have to loose weight before ?

@china it's ok to get off topic! We all

Have a million things we are probably thinking about with the surgery. My husband worries about the same thing!

I am in Santa Maria Ca. I had surg. On may 20.

I am in Santa Maria Ca. I had surg. On may 20.

How r u feeling?

Yay!!! Yes I'd love the info. Dr Li actually sent my info by accident to Fresno but I had them forward it to Fremont! I now wish I did Fresno if it was that easy!! How was your recovery? So happy someone in my town. But yes send me

Info for meetings and ill go

To the next one

Recovery was better than expected; returned to work after only a week off! My surgeon, Dr. Boghossian did require some weight loss before he would schedule surgery, but he took into consideration any weight loss within the last year so two weeks after the orientation, when I met with him one-on-one, he said I had already met my surgery weight loss goal! (I had lost 24 pounds in the year before attending the orientation). So, during the next 4 weeks, I met the mental health and nutrition requirements. Everyone was really helpful with getting me in quick knowing I had already met goal weight.

Finally, at 5 weeks out, I'm feeling more energetic and have lost 26 pounds since surgery. It's amazing to see the transformation.

thats great! I just got the call from fremont and I have the orientation June 9 and and the psych apt June 20!

thats great! I just got the call from fremont and I have the orientation June 9 and and the psych apt June 20!

Hello there...which Dr are you going with. I'm 7wks 3days post-op and I went with Dr Chu. She's amazing! No complications...healing really well and doing great. Can pretty much tolerate any kinds of foods.

I haven't met with a dr yet I have orientation on the 9th then psych one the 20th!! What did you have to do after psych apt??

Hahahaha...oops I forgot that part lol. After my psych eval it was a waiting game because I had met with Dr Chu on 12/19/12 and i had to lose 26lbs before i can get a surgery date and my psych eval was on 2/5/13. They have a list of how the process should go, but I think its dependent on the individual because I was not suppose to have my psych eval until I am 5lbs within my surgery wt. and I was nowhere near that number.

Oh wow I hate how it's not the same for everyone so we just know! My pcp sent referral yesterday and they called today to schedule orientation and psych. Haven't met with weight loss surgeon yet. But I ask her if I could start loosing the 10% now because I had already started. I'm down 8lbs about 15 more to go!!!

Total time from start to surgery day for me was 5mos, but its different for everyone. I have no comorbidities, thankfully! My suggestion is to workout as much as you can preop and get yourself into an exercise routine no matter how big/small. It will help tremendously with the recovery process. I walked 1.59mi 10days after surgery...it wasn't easy, but I did it. Now I'm 256lbs and jogging 20min nonstop 5days a week and walking 5-6mi 2days a week. Feel free to ask me any questions you have and hopefully I can help in any way possible.

Lota