Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleevers In Colorful Colorado?

That's a horrible experience. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I'm not sure who had gone to Metzs' practice' date=' I know Amy is still there, Linsey just went to another place to work as a wellness coach somewhere in Denver. My insurance doesn't go through him until Feb 1. I think he is happier being on his own, since he also performed other surgeries as well, now he is not restricted. I have met other ladies at the groups, it would be fun to get together.[/quote']

I think what it was is that they hadn't given notice, yet, but they just weren't "around." Maybe they took sick days? Who knows? Metz said specifically that Linsay was going somewhere else. Leaving the BCE but not joining him. I think everyone else who was part of his staff is joining him.

Don't you think it's weird that I have an appointment with Linsay for January 30th and nobody has called me? Do you think they will get a new NUT and just have her take all of Linsay's appointments?

I know that they have a new one, she starts on Monday. I'm sure she is just taking over her appointments. I haven't heard if any is going with him, but I know that they started the center together and made up all the informational supplies and binders together. In Nov he had said that he would've taken everyone if he could've afforded it at the time, but since he was just getting started he did not have the finances. I think he is getting everything ready to open the clinic he wants to. He had found a hernia when doing my surgery. I'm going with him since he will be able to repair it, I hope right along with a tummy tuck...lol

I know that they have a new one' date=' she starts on Monday. I'm sure she is just taking over her appointments. I haven't heard if any is going with him, but I know that they started the center together and made up all the informational supplies and binders together. In Nov he had said that he would've taken everyone if he could've afforded it at the time, but since he was just getting started he did not have the finances. I think he is getting everything ready to open the clinic he wants to. He had found a hernia when doing my surgery. I'm going with him since he will be able to repair it, I hope right along with a tummy tuck...lol[/quote']

He rattled off a bunch of names, but I assume that some of them are administrative like my friend Jo LaRosa.

I know that they have a new one' date=' she starts on Monday. I'm sure she is just taking over her appointments. I haven't heard if any is going with him, but I know that they started the center together and made up all the informational supplies and binders together. In Nov he had said that he would've taken everyone if he could've afforded it at the time, but since he was just getting started he did not have the finances. I think he is getting everything ready to open the clinic he wants to. He had found a hernia when doing my surgery. I'm going with him since he will be able to repair it, I hope right along with a tummy tuck...lol[/quote']

Also, I was talking to a neighbor today about it and she said, "Why did he tell you some of that? Seems so unprofessional." And, maybe he didn't remember exactly who I was but he did remember that I was friends with Jo (from church). So, maybe he was more open than normal because he thinks she was telling me stuff, but honestly, I haven't talked to her about it. We are friends but we are not on-the-phone-every-day friends.

I think he was blindsided a bit, then he was worried that his patients would think he was let go for moral or ethical reasons that's what he told us at the meeting. He didn't really know the "divorce" was even coming

I think he was blindsided a bit' date=' then he was worried that his patients would think he was let go for moral or ethical reasons that's what he told us at the meeting. He didn't really know the "divorce" was even coming[/quote']

Oh, I definitely got the impression he was blindsided. Even when the office called me to say that he had "left the practice," the voices on the other side of the phone seemed numb...And, I did speak to Jo at that point, even though she had nothing to do with medical treatment. He seemed to imply that Dr. Long arrived knowing that he would usurp him and I don't think that is accurate. He might have been told before Dr. Metz was told, but they had only been working together a few months, so how would you broach that? "Hey, Metz, They want to keep me on and they are getting rid of you!" I think he probably kept his mouth shut, because he had just relocated from TX to CO and didn't want to lose his job.

@Jcoufs, COnative, Heyher, Willbethinthisyear - Sorry for all the drama that I brought to this thread, but this is the first time I found someone who had their sleeve done at the same place as me. Since a support group was brought up at Parker Adventist, do any of you belong to support groups other than online forums like this one?