Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This Gets Better, Right?!

I had sleeve surgery on Tuesday morning. I am sore, weak, and so sleepy. I am getting my walking in and trying to get fluids down. I guess I thought I would bounce back quicker. I feel miserable. Any tips to get more energy?

Take it easy. The first week or so is the worst. Concentrate on just getting in your fluids and as much Protein as possible. Keep doing your walking, and remember that rest is a GOOD thing. You've just had major surgery and the body will take a while to recover.

I had sleeve surgery on Tuesday morning. I am sore' date=' weak, and so sleepy. I am getting my walking in and trying to get fluids down. I guess I thought I would bounce back quicker. I feel miserable. Any tips to get more energy?[/quote']

I was also sleeved Tuesday. It's been rough, but I'm walking, getting in fluids, taking Vitamins, and heparin shots...I'm starting to see light at the end of the tunnel...

The first two weeks were really very hard on me... things improved a lot in the 3rd and 4th week

Don't worry.. things will go much better

I am now in the 6th week post op and feel 90-95% back to normal so hang in there and it will get better !

Hey I was also sleeved on tue and I'm hoping it gets better too . The gas pains are terrible , I've been walking my husband took me to the mall today and I walked slow but did it . I'm supposed to return to work wed .

Energy is hard right after surgery. Not eating all that much doesn't help. Just take it easy and remember that sleep and rest will also help your healing time, so don't push too hard, just enough. I struggled with energy all the way until I was finally able to have solids. Once you get to that stage and you can be more active again, it all falls into place. Just be patient and work on recovering from a major surgery. Trust me it goes faster than you think. Before long you will be 6 months post op like me telling someone else the same things and showing off your before and after photos. Hang in there!

Yep the first week is the worst, then the 2nd week gets easier. I am 41 days post op and I am feeling so much better. I think I am about 95% recovered. I remember that awful week and I thought I was never going to get better, but things are looking great and losing weight. :) You too will be able to look back and smile :)

The first week was miserable. I was so incredibly tired after I came home for the first two days and realized I hadn't taken my Vitamins. After I took them, I got some energy back and started to get somewhat back to normal.

I was sleeved on the 14th and I get so tired so easy , and I'm still getting really nauseas as well. I can't wait to be able to eat more than the shakes , pudding, cottage cheese , etc. and not feel so sick.

I was sleeved on Monday, how do you guys take your Vitamins? I can either get my Fluid or my vitamins but no way can I stomach both. I start vomiting and get SUPER dehydrated :(

I was sleeved on Monday' date=' how do you guys take your Vitamins? I can either get my Fluid or my Vitamins but no way can I stomach both. I start vomiting and get SUPER dehydrated :([/quote']

They have something called EcoDrink (pretty sure that is the name) that is a drink with tons of vitamins. I got some preop because I was allergic to Flintstones chewables. They told me not to take it preop, but postop was okay. Haven't tried it though as I got a bariatric chewable Vitamin that I wasn't allergic to.

Hi everyone I'm new here. I was sleeved on 11/20. I had a rough time. I'm on o2 therapy at night and have 2 Penrose drains. Today out of nowhere I felt super weak. I'm so ready to be able to eat cottage cheese and mashed potatoes!!

I had sleeve surgery on Tuesday morning. I am sore' date=' weak, and so sleepy. I am getting my walking in and trying to get fluids down. I guess I thought I would bounce back quicker. I feel miserable. Any tips to get more energy?[/quote']

I too had surgery on the 20th. I feel like I was run over by a Mack truck.yestrday I had Major fever pain but I've lost 13 lbs. can't wait to feel better about to go out for a walk

I too had surgery on the 20th. I feel like I was run over by a Mack truck.yestrday I had Major fever pain but I've lost 13 lbs. can't wait to feel better about to go out for a walk

Wow!! I haven't lost anything. I gained a lb while in the hospital. I ended being kept for 2 nights and on I've fluids. How much are hou walking??