Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Am In Trouble And I Need Help. I Am Overeating To The Point Of Sickness.

I had the vs in July 2012. I weighed 268 when I started the whole process in the beginning. When I had surgery I was weighing 245 pounds. I now weigh 215 pounds and I am starting to gain because I am eating all the wrong things and I know I am doing it and I don't stop. I have always been a compulsive overeater who used food to deal with life. I am really struggling with the loss of food and who I am and where I am going. I need someone to make me accountable. I need a mentor who can understand where I am at and help me to move to a new place. I want to be healthy. I don't want to continue as I am but I am self sabotaging myself. Has anyone else struggled with this? This is the hardest thing I have every done with my life. I feel like a failure and I am so sick of feeling so full that I am sick. Does anyone have any ideas? Mary

I had the vs in July 2012. I weighed 268 when I started the whole process in the beginning. When I had surgery I was weighing 245 pounds. I now weigh 215 pounds and I am starting to gain because I am eating all the wrong things and I know I am doing it and I don't stop. I have always been a compulsive overeater who used food to deal with life. I am really struggling with the loss of food and who I am and where I am going. I need someone to make me accountable. I need a mentor who can understand where I am at and help me to move to a new place. I want to be healthy. I don't want to continue as I am but I am self sabotaging myself. Has anyone else struggled with this? This is the hardest thing I have every done with my life. I feel like a failure and I am so sick of feeling so full that I am sick. Does anyone have any ideas? Mary

I've had good success with my overeating demons by using a fitness/nutrition app. I use Myfitnesspal, but there are several out there. Check them out, I hope you can find something or someone to connect with.

This is the perfect time to seek counseling to help deal with these demons. Time to get back in control with eating habits. :)

Hey, hang in there....Please get counseling. If you believe in prayer...Pray for guidance, help and control. You can do this.

Mary - I want to applaud you for sharing with us and being honest. Don't panic! You are different than you were when you started this journey. You are changing. You will not be perfect. You will not always make the right choices - but you are BETTER!!!!!! I like the suggestion for you to seek counseling. This addiction runs so deep! Do you go to the support groups at your surgeon's office? I would start there. I would also make an appt with the nutritionist there. I am going to do the same thing. I need some variety and want to get a little booster-shot when it comes to portion sizes.

Mary - where do you live in WI? I am about 40 min south of the boarder in IL. If you are near Racine, Milwaukee, etc. I'd be happy to meet you for icecream! (LOL - just kidding!!! coffee?)

Please know that you are in my prayers tonight - and that I am asking God to help you be patient with yourself and not panick. We are in this for the long haul. That means the rest of our lives. This isn't a diet - it's a new way of life and there will be bumpy times. Get help now - keep talking about it - clean out your house so you don't have any junk there - recommit to yourself and health again - and keep walking day by day. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs from IL -

Amy

Thank you all for responding. I am in counseling. Right now I am working on when I hear myself say I need to eat something It is only a thought. Just because it is a thought doesn't mean I need to act on it. I have lots of thoughts and I don't act on all of them, so I don't need to act on the thought to eat. I have a battle going on inside of me right now. Do I love myself enough to take care of me or do I keep hurting myself.

I guess I am looking for someone I can talk to and say hey I want to eat. I have a lot of stress in my life right now and I have always ate my way through it before. I don't want to keep doing it. I want to change, I want to be healthy. I am just looking for support. My email is alslbltj4@yahoo if anyone is interested. Thanks alot for reading this.

God Bless each and everyone of you!