Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Sleevers?

Hey my new date is January 7. I bumped it up a week. Where are you having urs done at ?

I'm in Huntsville Alabama.

Jan 9th, 2013 Excited and Afraid Both!

Jan 9th' date=' 2013 Excited and Afraid Both![/quote']

Woohoo. I'm getting excited ? Where u having ur surgery at ?

I'm January 14! I'm in Maryland. My surgeon is Dr. Moazzez in Virginia.

I'm a revision ... had my band out in April and gained 31 pounds since then. Band in at 254, down to a low (for a split second) of 175, up to 245 now. :( I've been eating what I want while trying to stay fitting in the few clothes that I have...I am ready to go back in the right direction.

I'm scared that, while this is permanent, it still won't work permanently and I should've gone with the bypass (even tho I have never wanted to do that...). But i'm ready to start another journey. The doctor is confident that I'm a good candidate and will do well since I lost (although very slowly...) with a restrictivee only procedure before.

Good Luck to you all.

Crystal

I keep eating like crazy...staying within the same 5 lb range of weight but it is ridiculous how much i keep eating ...especially knowing that the holidays are here and i eat more then anyway :-(

At least u are staying in the same five pounds range....my scale keeps going up up up...started to get serious this week with my fitness pal....what an eye opener that was! My goals for this week are to eat "mindfully". That means no couch eating and no car eating for me. its been tough!

My program holds me accountable for every pound I lose so I can't afford to fall into that trap. My goal was to lose 13lbs. I've lost 31. But even though I was only required to lose 13' date=' since my recorded loss is now 31 I can't gain any of that back or surgery is cancelled. Is that not the same everywhere?[/quote']

no! I was shocked to find out that I didn't even have to loose any weight. 31 pounds is awsome!!! Great job!!

I was approved today for Jan 9th . This is my first day on here and I am excited. I have Dr schuricht in Philadelphia.

Rapid City SD

I'm a revision ... had my band out in April and gained 31 pounds since then. Band in at 254, down to a low (for a split second) of 175, up to 245 now. :( I've been eating what I want while trying to stay fitting in the few clothes that I have...I am ready to go back in the right direction.

I'm scared that, while this is permanent, it still won't work permanently and I should've gone with the bypass (even tho I have never wanted to do that...). But i'm ready to start another journey. The doctor is confident that I'm a good candidate and will do well since I lost (although very slowly...) with a restrictivee only procedure before.

Good Luck to you all.

Crystal

I'm in the same boat. I will have my band and revision to the sleeve at the same time hopefully, but I've been unfilled for a while and have gained a lot of weight back. I was successful as well with the band, but I'm also wondering if the sleeve will be enough. I've considered bypass, but I just really don't think I am ready to go there. I just dont' want to find myself in this same boat again in 4-5 years. I already swore I'd never be here again when I lost with the band, yet here I am. :-( I have to have an EGD on 1/4/12 and then can schedule my surgery. I'm hoping for the middle to end of January. I'm just ready to get started again for real. Good luck!

Good Luck to you all.

Crystal

i am a lot like you crystal. i have never had surgery, but have lost over 70lbs with WW and am affraid no matter which i do, sleeve or RNY-i might fail. was planning on the sleeve-but am learning quickly that with my gerd, heartburn and reflux, i may need to have the RNY instead. hate being on the fence and am really affraid of getting another set back.

January 8th!!!

My program holds me accountable for every pound I lose so I can't afford to fall into that trap. My goal was to lose 13lbs. I've lost 31. But even though I was only required to lose 13' date=' since my recorded loss is now 31 I can't gain any of that back or surgery is cancelled. Is that not the same everywhere?[/quote']

My dr has never asked me to loose weight. Maybe that's a good thing. Cause my eating is kinda outta control right now with the holidays. I hate to say it but I can wait till their over. I'm hoping to get sleeved in feb. I have my psych appt on jan 7th. Then they gonna submit to insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I just got approved! My papers were sent in on Dec 4 I got tired of waiting to hear so I called my insurance and they said it was approved! I then called my dr office but they hadn't heard from the insurance yet. Anyway Jan 9 is the day I start my prediet on Dec 26. I am having my surgury done by Dr Jessee in St Petersburg, FL, anyone else using her? Tomorrow I get my blood work, EKG and Chest Exray. Wed I go to the family doctor for his OK and then I should be ready to go. :)