Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Sleevers?

Geez.....didn't mean to be confusing or use incorrect terminology.

I'm 5'3 210lbs losing 70 lbs will give me a bmi of 24 which is " healthy" according to most charts. I have sleep apnea, hypertension and PCOS.

My Dr goal for me is 140.

I personally don't like the term " overweight" so I use "excess weight". Purely a personal preference :)

Oh my gosh, I hope you didn't think I was questioning you personally. I have heard the term excess weight loss (EWL) a lot lately. In fact, I was looking a some research on VSG last night and that term was all over the place. Your post just reminded me to ask what that term meant and if there was a clinical definition or not. Good luck to you!

I got my date today. I will be on Jan 14' date=' 2013. I notice my fitness pal is listed a lot. I use "loseit" and I can't recommend it enough, I find it easier to use.[/quote']

I love LOSE IT!! I think it is so much easier to use than fitnesspal.

Blue star mom, me too!!!! Oh my gosh I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one. I have 10 people in my house. 5 grown kids, 2 grand kids, a friend of my sons and my husband and I. It seems like somebody has been sick for the last few months. I had a dry cough yesterday a couple of times. Just a little tickle in my throat and I'm freaking out! I am taking robitussin daytime and instead of adding crystal light to my Water I'm adding airborne, just to try and cover my bases. I really wish I could go into hibernation for the next 2 weeks! So scared my surgery is gonna get cancelled.

Funny you mentioned wanting to hibernate because I had the same thought. :) I feel like Im obsessing about it.

I'm January 8th @ 7:30am. I start my pre-op diet New Years Day!!!

Me too! What a way to start the new year!

I love LOSE IT!! I think it is so much easier to use than fitnesspal.

I loooove LOSE it too! Its the only one that I have been completely consistent with!

Me too! What a way to start the new year!

Im jan7 start my preop New Years Eve! Ok have any of you sleevers considered not going through with the surgery? I got a family member who is kinda a complainer hypochondriac and scary cat all in one who work in the hospital. (SO DO I) anyway she keep telling me that all these Nurses have concerns about this procedure.But never really say what the concerns are.How do u deal with this issue?

Im on the pre-op diet too...although i wish it were on the list' date=' I don't think ice cream is on the full liquid list (at least not mine).... Only b/c of the amount of sugar/carbs it has. Light/non fat/ yogurt is a great substitute.[/quote']

Im on one meal a day of lean Protein and veggies. Wouldn't think ice cream.would be part of the diet

Im jan7 start my preop New Years Eve! Ok have any of you sleevers considered not going through with the surgery? I got a family member who is kinda a complainer hypochondriac and scary cat all in one who work in the hospital. (SO DO I) anyway she keep telling me that all these Nurses have concerns about this procedure.But never really say what the concerns are.How do u deal with this issue?

Surprisingly I haven't had anyone say anything negative. But I've only told my immediate family and a couple of close friends. I guess if someone keeps telling you about their concerns, try to get down to specifics. The research the issue to understand it. Have a frank discussion with your family about it and ask for their support.

Personally if my family didn't support me in this I would not talk to them about it at all. Surround yourself with positive supportive people, see if your doctor have a support group you can join. My doctor has support group meetings once a week.

Hang in there.

January 9th for me!

ME TOO!!!!

January 10th for me. Former band patient. Had it removed due to erosion March 2012. Had to wait six months to heal then go through the insurance process which was a pain! Finally got approved 12/20/2012 and have started my pre-op diet today. I go next week for labs and EKG. Recently had a chest X-ray so don't need that again.

I think I'm more nervous about this surgery than I was with the band since it is more extensive and I don't have a virgin stomach. I have scar tissue from the eroded band and also have another hiatal hernia to repair. (had one repaired when I got my band). I'm used to the change in diet and how to eat do that really doesn't bother me. More worried about the surgery itself and the recovery.

Following others experiences on here really helps!

Great to know others are so close to me! My surgeon is dr. Grinberg in south sac kaiser.

WOW! I'm in Reno NV, Dr John Ganser on 1/16 at 12:30!!! We are neighbors sorta..... Good luck friends! Nice to know we are not in this alone!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I have been having cold feet the last day or so. I know I can handle the post op but the actual surgery scares the crud out of me. My husband thinks I crazy and said I will be fine but I can't help it. I worry that something drastic will happen and I will leave my boys without a mom. I have to keep talking myself into it. I've been under general 1 other time for my wisdom teeth and did great. I am 29, obese but no other health issues.

My surgeon said my risk factors would be way lower bases on that information but I still worry. I think I plan to hold my breath until about 5 weeks out|

January 10th for me. Former band patient. Had it removed due to erosion March 2012. Had to wait six months to heal then go through the insurance process which was a pain! Finally got approved 12/20/2012 and have started my pre-op diet today. I go next week for labs and EKG. Recently had a chest X-ray so don't need that again.

I think I'm more nervous about this surgery than I was with the band since it is more extensive and I don't have a virgin stomach. I have scar tissue from the eroded band and also have another hiatal hernia to repair. (had one repaired when I got my band). I'm used to the change in diet and how to eat do that really doesn't bother me. More worried about the surgery itself and the recovery.

Following others experiences on here really helps!

I'm a former band patient as well. I have an EGD 1/4/13 and then will get scheduled after that. I still have the band but am unfilled. Praying there is not too much damage as I'm hoping to have the band removed and sleeve surgery at the same time. I'm really nervous as well. I'm just ready to get it over with. Good luck to you, keep us posted!