Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sharon Osbourne is removing her band

See article below.....You have to remove the band after 10 years? I hope not. My doctor didn't tell me that, nor have I read anything that says that. I'm not even sure they have tested it long enough, especially in the US, to know that.

Sharon Osbourne says she is terrified her eating disorder will return. She had a gastric band fitted on her stomach about 10 years ago to curb her food addiction, but it has to come off soon. Sharon worries that after the belt comes off, she'll stuff herself again.

Sharon told contactmusic: "I felt I'd suffered with my weight all my life. "I thought, 'I'm fed up with this, I'm going to try to be skinny,' and that's when I had a band put on my stomach. "You know everyone has something that they're addicted to, for me it's British food, like sausage and mash (potato). "My whole life I've been this way and I think at 53 I'm not going to change.
"But you can't have the band for longer than ten years so soon I'm going to have to have it removed.
"I'm pretty good at throwing up now. But the band doesn't let you eat. You're automatically sick and it's scary for me because I could have a heart attack."

See article below.....You have to remove the band after 10 years? I hope not. My doctor didn't tell me that, nor have I read anything that says that. I'm not even sure they have tested it long enough, especially in the US, to know that.

Sharon Osbourne says she is terrified her eating disorder will return. She had a gastric band fitted on her stomach about 10 years ago to curb her food addiction, but it has to come off soon. Sharon worries that after the belt comes off, she'll stuff herself again.

Sharon told contactmusic: "I felt I'd suffered with my weight all my life. "I thought, 'I'm fed up with this, I'm going to try to be skinny,' and that's when I had a band put on my stomach. "You know everyone has something that they're addicted to, for me it's British food, like sausage and mash (potato). "My whole life I've been this way and I think at 53 I'm not going to change.
"But you can't have the band for longer than ten years so soon I'm going to have to have it removed.
"I'm pretty good at throwing up now. But the band doesn't let you eat. You're automatically sick and it's scary for me because I could have a heart attack."

She obviously doesn't know a thing about the band. It is permanent. Ask any decent lapband surgeon and that is what they will tell you.

Don't believe everything in the press. Celebrities are always misquoted. I doubt she was under the impression that it had to be removed.

I think that a lot of what has been printed has probably been misinterpreted by the media ignorance!

I saw an interview on TV here in the uk with Sharon and she was discussing the band and nobody actually understood what she was talking about even afer she explained. I beleive that band is still too 'NEW' to the general public therefore making it harder for them to understand. Just look at your own friends who need lots of explanation to help them begin to understand.

Looking at Sharon's history i would think theres probably more to this than we or anyone is aware of, if she has been making herself sick regularly then she may have caused some damage to her band and rather than admit that it's easier to blame the band!!

Perhaps, because she one of the original band, it is different than the ones we have now? Maybe that is why is has to come out? Just a thought. I know the ones we have are meant to last forever, and I plan on keeping mine just about that long, forever!

Sharon O. has admitted to bulimia for some time now. She has also mentioned in several interviews that she promised her family she would get help. I think having the band removed is probably the advice of her therapist.

I wish her the best, as with anyone fighting against the weight! I'm know the media doesn't have it all right! One article says she is having her staples removed, the other says she is having her band removed. I believe she has the band.

Shawn

Sharon Osbourne is a loser. Why does society show her as a good mother. She was awful. She was to into herself to realize her kids became drug addicts.

I love Shazza! I reckon she is a top chick, and so funny. I reckon if she wants to remove it she should. I wish her well in her efforts to get her mind to a place where she can fight this battle. Good on ya Shazza! We love you and Ozzy in Australia.:D Susannah

Sharon Osbourne is a loser. Why does society show her as a good mother. She was awful. She was to into herself to realize her kids became drug addicts.

Lots of good mothers have kids with drug problems. It's time we, as a society, made those kids (all of them, not just Sharon's) take responsibility for their own choices instead of blaming everything on a "dysfunctional childhood" or worse, their parents.

Lots of good mothers have kids with drug problems. It's time we, as a society, made those kids (all of them, not just Sharon's) take responsibility for their own choices instead of blaming everything on a "dysfunctional childhood" or worse, their parents.

Are you kidding me ? It is almost always the fault of the parents. Children are a reflection of the parents. She had 2 young kids go into drug rehab while she was off being a celebrity. Is that just a coincidence ? Do you really think it`s appropriate for a mother to be using such foul language in front of her kids on a daily basis? Wake up !

Are you kidding me ? It is almost always the fault of the parents. Children are a reflection of the parents. She had 2 young kids go into drug rehab while she was off being a celebrity. Is that just a coincidence ? Do you really think it`s appropriate for a mother to be using such foul language in front of her kids on a daily basis? Wake up !

Ignorance must be bliss I guess.

I don't think it's appropriate for you to pass judgement on someone you don't know about something you know nothing about and then tell people you have never met to wake up because they don't agree with your uninformed view of the world.

I am sure your opinion will differ as you must be the latest expert on everything to grace this website with their presence.

Seeing as you know everything and live a perfect life...why exactly are you here? Maybe you too have imperfections in your life?

Im assuming from your response you must have kids that are in this situation and you feel offended that I blame the parents. As i said the parents are almost always to blame when a child becomes addicted to drugs. Even Sharon Osbourne admitted it was the fault of her and her husband that 2 of thier kids became drug addicts.

Do some research on crime and drug abuse. You will find that the majority of the time it started from poor parenting

I don't know about the 'parenting' part on Sharon's end of things - but I can't imagine having Ozzie for a parent and NOT seeing what drug use does to a person!