Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery with Dr Kelly three months ago and my sister a year ago with him. I went through Omar and my experience was just great. I am down 35lbs and my sister has been at goal for almost a year.

Dr Kelly is just a great and compassionate surgeon. My sister had a drain, but I did not. I am not sure why the difference. I had my surgery on a Friday and was back to work on Wednesday. Only my sister, husband and parents know we have had the surgery. After years of gaining/losing this was a great alternative for me. It feels great to have success!

All my best to you.

I have just scheduled with Dr. Kelly for Feb 2nd and you've asked some great questions. I'm very hopeful from what I've read so many places that I'll be back up and feeling better by a week out but my boss encouraged me to take two weeks to be safe. I'm praying I don't need a drain... that just sounds uncomfortable- but in the grand scheme, I'll trust the Dr. to know what's best! Omar has been great to work with so far, reasonably fast in his response time to my questions and working hard to get my business. I *am* taking a buddy with me... mostly becuase I know her calming spirit will help me and she's proven to be a wonderful patient advocate when others cannot speak for themselves or express things right. I have told select people in my life. But, for instance, at work only key leaders will know the real scoop. Only specific family will know ahead of time if ever. I will make a blog space for these folks to follow me at or a closed Facebook group when the time comes so we are not flooded with international phone calls! lol

Measureofme and other upcoming Kelly sleevers, congrats. I'll be looking for your posts. I go 3/28 with Dr. Kelly. I've heard wonderful things and continue to eat up the info when I see other patients. So few post more than a few months out. The Kelly patient bloggers seem to fade out after a couple months. Lol I guess they are too busy enjoying life than to sit at a computer posting. Who can blame them? Good luck to you.

I am hoping to schedule a VSG in March/May/June 2013. I have read everything that I have been able to find. I am confident with Dr.Kelly and feel better that he has trained in the US. I would love to hear other peoples stories as well as find a sleeve buddy!!! Did you go through Omar? Also, did anyone have a post op diet? and did you have a drain? I've read that at one hospital, Dr.Kelly would use a drain, at another he didn't. When did you go back to work? I have 4 small children and am a student so I have plenty that needs to be done. I am also thinking of traveling without my husband, due to it being very hard to find someone to stay with the kids for that long.. If any of you have done that, how quickly were you able to contact family post op? Did anyone call family for you? I may take a surgery buddy but that is undecided at this point. I will be flying from texas. I can't wait to get started!! Also, how many of you have told friends and family? I have some friends that are genetically gifted and weigh 110 regardless of what they eat. I plan on telling my closest friends but no one else.. I also have family that would have nothing but negative things to say about going to Mexico and how I should just try another diet or excercise more.....Thanks for all advice and answers!!!

Hi there! I was sleeved by Dr. Kelly on 3/28 of this year. I will try to address all of your questions: He was my first choice as well. Even when I started researching other surgeons, I still came back to him. The fact that he called me after I submitted my application to talk to me and answer any questions I had made me feel very comfortable and confident in my choice. Omar wasn't working with him when I went. He was working with Ana. She was a sweetheart. Ana was a nutritionist and gave me a printout of a post-op diet. I didn't have a drain. I only took a week off from work, so I was sleeved on a Wednesday and went back to work that following Wednesday. I'm all the way in MD, so it was a cross-country trip. Honestly, the day after surgery I felt very sluggish. But everyday I felt stronger and stronger. I flew home with no problems. I actually left a day early because my friend had to get back to work and I didn't want either of us traveling back alone. Dr. Kelly just made sure I cleared all the post-op tests (swallow test). I was actually going to go alone, but one of my friends volunteered to come along with me. I took my cell phone over there and hooked it up to the free wifi and was able to Skype and GoogleVoice call my family. I talked to them right after my surgery. I didn't really tell that many people. And to this day my mom thinks I got sleeved here. She would never understand. I told some people I went to Mexico. You will find that a lot of people will just throw negative comments and say you're taking the easy way out. So sharing with people is up to you. But we are losing the weight by dieting and exercise though so whatever.

Hello I am looking to get sleeved with Dr.Kelly in April or May. Anyone else getting sleeved around that time by him? I am looking for a sleeve buddy. :) I don't think he has any coordinators anymore. I don't think Omar is with him anymore either. Has anyone gotten a recent price quote for 2013?

Thanks

Im going in apr around the 10 fingers crossed at MI Doctor......but im going with Dr Illan who worked with Dr. Kelly for 5 yrs.....Omar is now with Dr.Illan and he is charging $4000