Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are All The Short Vsg Girls?

I'm 5'2" (technically 5'1.5" but who's counting), when I started the program in August I weighed 276, I had surgery Monday (Jan 21st) weighing 243, and I just weighed in at 236. There may be a discrepancy between the hospital scale and my home scale, so we'll see what the official numbers say on the 29th when I go in for my check up. I'm setting my goal at a healthy BMI weight of 136, so we'll so how it goes.

I am 5'2". On 9/24 I was 205. Losing on my own until my surgery date (1/18/13). This morning I was 181.6.

Your weight goals in your signature are the exact same as mine. I didn't put them on here but its funny to see what's in my head on someone elses signature...good luck with everything!

Your weight goals in your signature are the exact same as mine. I didn't put them on here but its funny to see what's in my head on someone elses signature...good luck with everything!

Thanks! It looks like you are doing great! I am feeling really great and I am very pleased with my progress so far, even though it has only been a week!

My goal is 130. My dr's is 140. No clue how- but even with being 4'11- I have a large bone structure- I.e broad shoulders and wide hips. I was 139 in high school and I was fairly happy with my body (as much as any 16 year old girl could be). I had huge boobs back then, too. I'm 50lbs down and so far my skin is holding up. Anyone know when is average for starting to see loose skin?

Hey ladies my name is Rosa and I am 5"3 and weigh 286lbs I have lost a few pounds by myself

Im 4'10 and 166, totally convinced that id need a Tummy Tuck but since i started training for 5k things are tightening up. Although after two baby boys i still want my boobs lifted. Might get the tt done if i maintain goal (surgeons is 120, mine is 110) just so i can wear a bikini and midrifts if i want. We will see. Im glad i have naturally wide hips bc i never lose my hour glass figure

I'm with you Sel! My hips aren't going anywhere. And I definitely need my boobies put back where they belong after 2 kiddos, but- we will probably go for number 3 in 18 months or so- so I will wait for that and then have any plastics done. I'm hoping good genes and 'youth' are on my side (my great aunt is 90 and people card her for seniors specials... It's crazy how great she looks for her age- and my mom has handled aging well, too). There's hope :).

My starting weight is 243 and my surgeon wants me to lose 30 before my surgery on March 14th and he said he's looking at me only dropping about 60 pounds however I would love to get down to 140 anybody else in at zone

I started at 248 and in a little over 2 months- I have lost 52lbs. I would say 60+ can happen :). Good luck! I'm so glad my dr didn't require me to lose weight pre-surgery. Good luck!!!!

My starting weight is 243 and my surgeon wants me to lose 30 before my surgery on March 14th and he said he's looking at me only dropping about 60 pounds however I would love to get down to 140 anybody else in at zone

I have to go on a pre diet too my surgery is on 2/25 :)

I started at 248 and in a little over 2 months- I have lost 52lbs. I would say 60+ can happen :). Good luck! I'm so glad my dr didn't require me to lose weight pre-surgery. Good luck!!!!

What is ur diet like?? Im 2 months and have lost 26lbs...

What is ur diet like?? Im 2 months and have lost 26lbs...

Let me see- Breakfast is normally a boiled egg and turkey bacon, lunch is a lunch meat roll up with cheese, salmon burger- I sometimes throw some teriyaki sauce on it, dinner is whatever I make for the family and I will eat the Protein and two tablespoons of veggies. The other night I had the meat/sauce of a sloppy joe. I did have Pasta last night... I'm such a cheater- but it really wasn't that great (seriously pasta was my life- so it was a big shock). I eat a lot of tex mex also- fajitas, soft corn tacos.

Im still having a hard time with the whole breakfast thing. Ive never gotten up early enough to have breakfast & have never been much of a breakfast person anyway. I just cant stomach food that early...makes me nauseous.

I did try one of Starbucks Protein Bistro Boxes the other day. Couldnt finish it (because it was alot & I was still having issues with this dang root canal) but I ate the egg, cheese & part of the fruit.< /p>