Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Long hair don't care.....LOL.. I wear a short pixie cut anyway.....but with as fabulous as your body will be....you can always add to it..extensions and they can be so sexy and dramatical....My hair is my major accessory!!

My hair is my everything. I've made chemical changes. Relaxers, bleaches, dyes. Lucky me my hair has always been healthy despite the changes i put my hair through. It stayed long and beautiful. In 2010 I decide to go natural the most drastic change since then was going from 18' transitioning to 12' natural. And it's grown back out to about 16'. I agree I want my body to Benin point. But I still don't wanna lose all my hair. But maybe it won't be that bad. It's curly so I could rock a cute curly fro.

Just be patient I've been wanting/ needing surgery for years...I will have surgery on Dec....our God will make a way.....you might want to check your insurance plan for 2013....my old plan from my last job didn't cover but because of some of the changes our wonderful yet handsome President Obama has made with health reform they will ne covering it....Check it out feel free to inbox me.....No now can be Yes later...I coped that from sleevednbeautiful.

I've already maybe up my mind to have surgery in Mexico with Dr. Garcia. I've paid my deposit and all. Surgery date is feb 5th. But I will take that advice and check my insurance.

Will be sleeved 2/28/2012 Dr Garcia

Mexico I am 5'6. 225lb

I've already maybe up my mind to have surgery in Mexico with Dr. Garcia. I've paid my deposit and all. Surgery date is feb 5th. But I will take that advice and check my insurance.

I was sleeved by Dr Garcia dec 3rd. They r on point no regrets!

Hey! I am 5;2" and just did the revision myself on 11/29. I had done pretty well on the band but developed complications with a hyernia, distension and reflux that led to a lot of vomiting. I am happy to say the surgery went great and I only stayed 2 days in the hospital. I have not taken any pain meds since I got home and the only site that hurts is where the port was. (not surprising as that was the most painful the first time.) Everything is going well. I am trying to make the transition to puree but my stomach seems very sensitive to new foods. Will just have to take it slow. One thing my stomach is not happy with is anything with eggs. I pureed some eggs to have have and not happy at all.. since I did well with the band I started presurgery at 162 and I am now 153. One awesome thing though....I never feel like I am going to throw up and if you have had the band you know that is a huge plus!

Best of luck on your surgery, I will keep an eye out for you so we can compare notes.

Happy holidays

I'm 5'3.5" and started at 268.6 lbs. in the last 6 weeks I have lost 31 lbs and I'm getting sleeved on jan 9. My coworker who was sleeved a few months ago told me to expect my weight loss to stall out for a while after surgery which I'm going to hate. Every day I stand on the scale and tell myself that's the last time I will ever see this weight again. Say goodbye to 240, etc. not having that little victory party is going to be hard after surgery so I hope the weight loss picks up again not too long afterwards. Oh and all these looonnngggg pre op diets? What's up? I have 2 days. First day full liquid and second day clear liquid. If the intent is just to make sure you are cleaned out why is everybody on such long drawn out pre ops??

I was told to shrink your liver for more room to move around in there. Witj weight loss it has shown your liver will shrink. Now I did question that cause hoe do you know if its going to work. But the doctor was so sure so I left it alone. Hope this helps.

Asherje.. I too, had serious issues with the band. Was banded twice and had to be revived twice before I realized the band was just not a good thing. I've gained so much weight since unbanded, but my vsg is Dec 14. I'm short, about 5'3" and ready to lose!

/Good luck with your surgery!!! You will be so glad that you did this!

I was told to shrink your liver for more room to move around in there. Witj weight loss it has shown your liver will shrink. Now I did question that cause hoe do you know if its going to work. But the doctor was so sure so I left it alone. Hope this helps.

I was told that the doctor wanted to shrink the liver, so it would be safer for him to move it to get to the stomach!!! Also, practice taking small sips, etc. before surgery. Still having some problems with soft Proteins. I think I'm not eating slow enough, even though I try to do that!

Hello my lovelies! I survived lol. Had my revision surgery from gastric lap band to sleeve this morning. Won't lie, was much worse then the banding lol, but that's to be expected considering they had to fix the mess Dr Felix Speigel made me 5yrs ago and then sleeve me.

I woke in the recovery room screaming and pleading for pain medicine and anti Nausea meds, bedding to throw up and for Water or ice to so so. Needless to saw never got Water ;)

Didn't throw up and once then for me stable from screaming and crying at them I was put in my room around 1pm. Since them am feeling much better. Feel like I just did a marathon, 10000000000000 sit ups and twists lol and got a new BFF

post-24039-13813661443036_thumb.jpg

Hahahaha my pain med button. Still no ice or water but have a thing to swab a little water across my tongue and lips :)

They should be taking me for a walk at 7pm

5'2 and 285 lbs. Waiting on insurance approval! (Submitted 11/30) File is in review as we speak! Good luck to everyone whether awaiting approval or already sleeved!

Good Good news. Per the above, My info was submitted on 11/30, on the reviewers desk as of 12/6, approval by 12/7. !!! I waited until today to call.. I am so excited. I do not have a date of yet but the hard part, well ONE of the hard parts is over. I am sure the the anticipation of my surgery day will be a tough road. lol... Congrats to all.

Hey guys since we're all shorties with similar goals thought it would be fun to get on my fitness pal together.

If you're interested I'm: asherje