Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think about that too! I've never been thin, what if I get ugly?!? I guess I'll have to make up for it with all the cute clothes I'll be able to wear!

I was an ugly fat girl so I have completely accepted the fact that I will be an ugly regular sized person. I say regular sized because I'm Hispanic and big-boned so thin isn't even in my vocabulary. I'm a realist!

I've ways gotten the comments "you're so pretty, if you could lose weight you would be perfect." Thats really aggravating! I think one of the biggest lessons I've learned is that even after all the weight is gone, I'll still have flaws like normal size people also do. Nobody is perfect.

I always get you have such a handsome face. Like wtf. Lol

I've ways gotten the comments "you're so pretty, if you could lose weight you would be perfect." Thats really aggravating! I think one of the biggest lessons I've learned is that even after all the weight is gone, I'll still have flaws like normal size people also do. Nobody is perfect.

I get this all the time too. It agravates me. I recently "broke up" with my best friend of 12 years... She used to make these comments to me all the time... Those comments weren't the cause of ending our friendship but they didn't help to save it!

My husband said something about someone "being fat" and not really in a mean way if you can describe someone as fat in a NOT mean way but I quickly corrected him. I don't care if I end up a size 2, I am always going to be fat because I can never see a day when food is not my issue. I could care less about drugs, alcohol or cigarettes- but leave me alone with a box of donuts and I am still that fat girl.

@calebs mommy, it doesn't help me feel any better when people compliment me and then follow it up with a negative comment like that. I've learned to just get used to it. It's good to know I'm not alone. About friendships I've also been warned that I might lose friends when I lose all the weight because I can be seen as a threat. I don't know if you've heard of that one.

@fyre_storm, I didn't know it also happened to men! Except instead if "pretty" it's "handsome face" lol. it's so rare to meet men that have had/are going to have the surgery. It's refreshing to hear from a male perspective!

@calebs mommy, it doesn't help me feel any better when people compliment me and then follow it up with a negative comment like that. I've learned to just get used to it. It's good to know I'm not alone. About friendships I've also been warned that I might lose friends when I lose all the weight because I can be seen as a threat. I don't know if you've heard of that one.

Actually about a year ago when I got confirmation that I had hypothyroidism and I started taking synthroid this same friend (well exfriend) made the comment "I guess I will stop getting attention from guys now since you will lose weight and look hot"

I really just shook my head... I am married (so is she) I really don't care about getting attention from guys... I mean don't get me wrong a compliment is nice from a stranger here or there but come on! Honestly I don't need compliments from random men to make me feel good about myself... She was messed up on many levels... She would make fun of "fat" people right in front of me... Even people that were obviously smaller then me... She is one of those people who really doesn't gain much weight... However both her parents started to get heavy after they turned 30... We are both 27... Is it sad I hope in 3 years I see her out somewhere and she is fat! I just want her to know what it is like!!!

Caleb's mommy, I totally understand. I like you am also pretty young, 22. However I'm not married or coupled up. My thing is not wanting to get attention from guys I just want a guy to also be attracted to my non physical good qualities. I fear that when I lose weight I will attract guys that only like me based on appearance. I feel like emotionally I will always be a big girl because that's how I became an adult and when I had major transformation and maturity! I cannot emphasize enough to my friends that I'm getting the surgery so I can like me and I can feel good. Most people think its about aesthetics or vanity!

I consider myself a VERY lucky girl... My husband and I met when we were 18... I was in the best shape I have ever been in... I weighed 145lbs and I was fit... Over the past 9 years I have gained almost 100lbs... He is always telling me how beautiful I am... I will say but I am not the physically the same person who you were attracted to...so why are you still attracted to me... He said sure physically I am different but he was attracted to ME... Not becuase how I looked becuase of who I am... I am so glad I married him... I feel like he would love me no matter if I was a size 2...size 22...or size200!

Believe me I want this surgery so I can feel better in clothes and look better but that makes up about 15% of my reasons behind this surgery. I have a 3 year old and I want to set a healthy example for him... In order to do that I need to be at a healthy weight... I have PCOS and it took me 2 years and 2 miscarraiges to have my son... Then 2 miscarriages while trying to get pregnant with baby #2... After a year of tryig for #2 I decided to get this surgery and get Mirena IUD for birth control. My Dr thinks if I lose weight it may not cure my PCOS but it will help with my infertility and if needed make IVF easier.

You're right most people do feel like this is a vain surgery... Most of the people in my experience who feel that way have never had a problem with their weight and have never really felt that uncomfortable in their own skin!

I consider myself a VERY lucky girl... My husband and I met when we were 18... I was in the best shape I have ever been in... I weighed 145lbs and I was fit... Over the past 9 years I have gained almost 100lbs... He is always telling me how beautiful I am... I will say but I am not the physically the same person who you were attracted to...so why are you still attracted to me... He said sure physically I am different but he was attracted to ME... Not becuase how I looked becuase of who I am... I am so glad I married him... I feel like he would love me no matter if I was a size 2...size 22...or size200!

Believe me I want this surgery so I can feel better in clothes and look better but that makes up about 15% of my reasons behind this surgery. I have a 3 year old and I want to set a healthy example for him... In order to do that I need to be at a healthy weight... I have PCOS and it took me 2 years and 2 miscarraiges to have my son... Then 2 miscarriages while trying to get pregnant with baby #2... After a year of tryig for #2 I decided to get this surgery and get Mirena IUD for birth control. My Dr thinks if I lose weight it may not cure my PCOS but it will help with my infertility and if needed make IVF easier.

You're right most people do feel like this is a vain surgery... Most of the people in my experience who feel that way have never had a problem with their weight and have never really felt that uncomfortable in their own skin!

Hi I am on the same path for health and fertility sake. 2.5 years for #1 and 3 years of trying for #2 I have one fallopian tube fibrocystic breasts and ovaries. Pre cervical cancer a breast cancer scare and still wanting babies. Fat is not where its at when it comes to fertility! I just want to be healthy for crying out loud I'm only 28! I know I deserve a better path than this. Oh yeah I have had that same comment " you have such a pretty face if only" please if only I could share what its like to walk a mile in these fat shoes!

Caleb's mommy, I totally understand. I like you am also pretty young, 22. However I'm not married or coupled up. My thing is not wanting to get attention from guys I just want a guy to also be attracted to my non physical good qualities. I fear that when I lose weight I will attract guys that only like me based on appearance. I feel like emotionally I will always be a big girl because that's how I became an adult and when I had major transformation and maturity! I cannot emphasize enough to my friends that I'm getting the surgery so I can like me and I can feel good. Most people think its about aesthetics or vanity!

My concern is knowing that those same men turned their nose up at me when I was over a certain # of lbs... so when I am thinner, I am supposed to forget all that and be interested in them because they're paying attention now? Not so much. I will not be giving anyone that I "used to know" the time of day.

I know, I am bitter. And I will probably be too busy having all of the fun to even notice......but know that fat girls/boys might always be fat inside. We remember that stuff. We might forgive but we will never forget.

Lol, I am not worried about looking ugly, but I wont look mean anymore. I like when people cross the street when I walk by. I'm a big Teddybear, now I will look like a starved Teddybear...

I think bigger girls are so cute, it's a shame that our society is so size concerned. I didn't get my surgery because of the way I look, I got it so I don't get sick.