Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's Ba-A-Ack..please Say It Ain't So !

OK, um, I am 53, I had my last TOM in Feb this year. I thought maybe I was done, its been 9 months and this morning... there it was, laughing at me!! Does surgery affect this? I don't know how menopause works and just thought I was done!! Any insight on this?? I was pretty darm happy to NOT have it LOL!!!

I thought I was done too. I went 11 months without one, then a couple months ago, there it was. But kinda light. I think it's just how menopause works. I've only had like....2...in the last 2 years, so it's winding down for sure. Surgery does not seem to have affected it at all. Once those hormone levels start moving toward menopause...that's it. It's coming.

Last year I only had two, then once in Jan and once in August. Hoping this is going to be it.

for me 50yrs old, I was skipping and only had my period twice in the 6 months prior to surgery, have not missed one since the day after surgery and they are fierce for me. I just try to comfort my self with the story that the hormones will help with skin rebound LOL

Thanks for the replies ladies. I guess I was so hopeful that I was done but maybe not so it seems. Maybe 1 a year, I could live with that but probably not gonna be like that, time will tell ! hehehe... just wishful thinking LOL!!

Wow. I feel like a freak. I just turned 43 and I'm almost done with it!

This is something that I've been concerned about. I stopped at age 50, but my concern is that it's because of the weight and not really menopause. I understand that fat can hold onto estrogen, so it appears to be over; but when the weight comes off and the estrogen levels drop--Helloooo!!!

If you have already gone thru menopause and now getting a period, please go see your gynecologist. Peace of mind goes a long way!

Blood testing will also give an accurate diagnosis of menopause. Your FSH and LH will be consistently high because your brain is trying its hardest to get your ovaries to respond by throwing out more and more, to no avail. It is high during the right time of a normal cycle, so a couple of tests may be necessary, but it's worth it to know what, exactly is going on with your body.

According to my doctor, I'm post-menopausal, but I can't help thinking that my body has a big surprise in store for me. I'm still tracking it because I went over 9 months before, then woke up to a murder scene. I'll believe it when it's been more than a year without TOM.

I was 55 last Monday and according to my then doc was told at age 40 I was skipping towards menopause, yet I have reg monthly heavy times. When I lost 10lbs on the pre op. Diet I had one come after only 10 days, then 4 weeks later on the 15th had a very light one, sooooo hoping my me no will pause soon,but suspect that after the op with weight loss it will continue.

I think I am far tool old for this lol , x

[

I went over 9 months before, then woke up to a murder scene.

OMG, you cracked me up!

I think I am far tool old for this lol , x

I agree, I think I am too LOL!

I was always under the impression that you were born with only so many eggs and once they were gone that was it. I went through IVF twice (with no success) and from my body being pushed into super-ovulation twice, I just assumed I would go through it sooner as I had "used up" extra eggs ! Will be seeing the Dr this week & will request some bloodwork :)