Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Days Out And Back To Work. My Choice

Has anyone else felt this fast good.enough to wanna go back to work? Did I get duped and not have he sleeve done? Lol. Honesty have zero issues with drinking and never had pain. I'm not trying to complain about feeling great but I keep waiting for the hammer to drop. At least give me nausea or heartburn so ill know lol...sorry but I hope I lose weight. Hope she didn't for get to.cut my belly

Sleeved on the 5th. Feel great no problem drinking, getting my liquids and Protein in.never hungry (hope that stays). Been in the woods hunting with my 12 year old for the past 3 days. Life is good!

Thats awesome, :D Congrats on the journey of a healthy you. Its inspiring to read about others having no pain and feeling great. I pray to God I be in that number! Tuesday I will find out my surgery date, and praying I can get sleeved on the 26th or before the month end. I am so ready to get it over, so I can be rebirthed and start my journey of a healthy me. Enjoy!!! I am so happy for you. :lol:

I went back to work at 5 days also but when that following weekend hit, day 8 & 9, I was exhausted, weak and dizzy. Don't get discouraged if it happens because it passes quickly. Stay hydrated.

Hi, sleeved on Election Day, going back to work on MOnday, that will be 15 days.....I too feel really good, I am afraid to say it......(knock wood) Cant wait to get to the pureed stage, I am so sick of pudding Jello and Soup.

So thankful to the good lord for leading me thru so well so far!

Wow,

Love to read such inspiring and amazing stories like these. Hope I have I also wonder if they forgot to cut out something. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Congrats everyone...I am getting sleeved on 12/5...I HOPE and PRAY to God that I too have little to no effects. I am planning on taking a total of 7 days off ( including weekends )...so I'll go back the following Thur...that way if I do get weak or what not, there are only 2 days before the weekend. Of course, this is if all goes well...which IT WILL!

You folks are amazing! Guess I was a big baby... I took 4 weeks off and glad I did. Luckily I had a lot of sick time banked so it was not a financial burden.

Please just get as much rest as you are able!!

I went back after 4 days omg bad move. I thought since I sit at a desk all day would be no problem. I forgot about the whole sitting part crunching your tummy. It was such a bad move on my part. If you can take a few weeks off do so.

Honestly,

I am inspired along this journey with stories like these. I will take more time because , i do lifting at my job. But keep up the excellent work and take care.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I went back to work at day 7. Thought I was feeling pretty good. The following week a coworker came up to me and said thank god you have some color back, you were looking pretty grey last week! Still felt good though!

I was sleeved on a Friday and went back to work the next Wednesday. I was tired by the end of the day but like you, I never had any pain or nausea. I did make sure to have Water at all times and I think that was the secret to my success. Oh, by the way, I'm 56 years old!

I was sleeved on 10/31 and other than some pain from gas the first time I got up to walk (which was quickly resolved by walking), I had no pain, no nausea, no trouble drinking, etc. I was one of those that actually questioned whether they did the surgery!!

BUT...now I am in absolute, total agony. Why? About a week ago I decided that I could grocery shop and then stand on my feet for about 6 hours straight while I cooked 2 complete meals to take to an elderly family member.

The next day I felt a twinge in my lower left side that felt like a minor muscle pull. The day after that is was a little more painful until now it literally feels like someone is sticking a knife into my side. Augh...and if I have to cough, OMG the pain literally makes me scream. I had my 2 week checkup on Friday and the PA said this was normal, but that I had "overdone" it.

So, I'm back on pain meds, resting on the couch with a heating pad, and PRAYING that I don't need to cough.

Anyway, hope this helps. I wish someone had told me that just because you feel great a week or so after major surgery, doesn't mean you are 100% back-to-normal!!