Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Decembersleevers

I'm Dec 6 I'm going through all kind of emotions scared straight, afraid, excited and happy all at the same time this is crazy I can't wait till this is behind me and I'll be on the losers bench

My date is Dec 3rd. I'm so afraid and excited. I wish I could just get this over with. I'm mostly afraid of the pain after the surgery which is crazy because I had twins with no epideral. I'm also worried of extra skin, I have about 100lbs to loose. Then again I'm so excited that I can work out and play with my kids without being out of breath. I feel like I'm going to chicken out sometimes. I feel overwhelmed sometimes. I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way.

My date is Dec 3rd. I'm so afraid and excited. I wish I could just get this over with. I'm mostly afraid of the pain after the surgery which is crazy because I had twins with no epideral. I'm also worried of extra skin' date=' I have about 100lbs to loose. Then again I'm so excited that I can work out and play with my kids without being out of breath. I feel like I'm going to chicken out sometimes. I feel overwhelmed sometimes. I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way.[/quote']

Good luck to you..we both will do fine..good luck and let me know how it goes

Hey, you can't chicken out. This is for you & your family. It's about you being around to enjoy the pleasures of life. I was originally scheduled for Nov. 12 but had to change date for personal reasons. I made it my business to refrain from negativity and avoid nay sayers. I reassured myself that I was very knowledgeable of the procedure, educated on pros & cons and for certain I needed to do this for the betterment of my life. I'm a grandma but still young and I plan on LIVING, LOVING & ENJOYING MY LIFE! VSG 12.10.12 REBIRTH! I wish you all the best in this WLS. I'm CJ,you can friend me at myfitnesspal.com APerfect10Again

Hi,

I share your mixed emotions. My surgery date is Dec 6. One hand, I can't wait for it to come and on the other I think I am not ready, what do I have to get in place, what will it be like, how will it go, etc. After going through all the insurance hoops, and thinking about this for years, it just doesn't seem real. I am not going to chicken out, I am doing this primarily for health reasons as my weight has impacted my health so much. I have lost weight before but can't keep it off or get past a certain point.

So praying that all of us have a good outcome, quick recovery, and reach a healthy manageable weight! Fortunately we have these great forums for support to help us through the struggle.

My date is 12/3 and I am feeling exactly the same way you all are feeling! Anxious, nervous, excited, scared, but most of all ready!

Idk, 10th seems so far away. Although, I have preop lab work tomorrow...guess once I'm actually kissing my husband bye & being wheeled off it will become reality for me. At this point, I'm preparing, cleaning, reading, and testing out different foods & shakes. Not to mention working out & eating better. Must admit, myfitnesspal helps hold me accountable. I truly recommend it. Oh feel free to friend me CJ, one can never have too many friends especially during this journey:

APerfect10Again

Best of luck to you all!

My surgery date is December 4!! I start my liquid diet on November 27. I am so excited but also very nervous. but I know I am ready for all of the work and can't wait to start a new and healthier life :) good luck to all of the December sleevers!!!

My surgery date is 12/3. I feel anxious & a little nervous but excited more than anything. I've waited a year--insurance requirement & now it's hard to believe that I'm on day 2 of my 2 week liquid diet. I think It will really hit me on the way to the hospital that I'm actually getting it done. Please keep me in your prayers & I will do the same for all of you. Good luck!

Good afternoon December sleevers. My name is Guy, but everyone calls me Bear. (the nickname says it all. I was an adorable, fat, strong ,hungry hairy child who slept alot who grew up to become a ruggedly handsome, modest (ha!) fat, hairy 49 year old. I was originally scheduled to have surgery today (nov 20 2012) but Signa demanded one more visit to the dietician. Surgery is pencilled in on my calendar for Dec 10th. Be sure your insurance has cleared you for surgery before you get your heart broken! Good luck Yule sleevers

Guy you are so right, I know that all too well. If Cigna doesn't deny you they can get the big bonus at the end if the year. They tried that with me. I was originally approved 10/28 but they cancelled it out & denied it the same day. Surgery was set 11/12/12 so that was pushed back. After giving me the run around about 4 visits to nut well that couldn't fly I had been seeing nut over a yr so they tried saying that my pcp wasn't clear as to whether or not the surgery was for me, nor did my psych eval specify I was clear for the surgery & that the director had already denied me that I would have to appeal it & wait 30 days. Well, I kindly, called everyone involved and laid it all out, needless to say I was called back with approval code & surgery dates etc. Just stick with it & stay on top of them they sand bag big time. Bell they stall worst than any fat person lol! I'm in process for surgery 12.10.12 THANKS CIGNA!

I'm hoping to join the December sleevers....still waiting on the final word from Aetna

Hey! My name is Michelle and I am getting sleeved 12-11-12! I am feeling the same way you are but also very excited! Good Luck!

I am supposed to be December 17. I'm excited & scared. I was originally supposed to do it in August but for insurance reasons I had to wait. I was told to drop 40 pounds but of course couldn't. I kept telling myself I'm never gonna eat this way again, like I am mourning food already. I am trying to get my head in the game because its coming. So just pray that everything works out for me. Good luck all you December sleevers!

My date is Dec 21. I'm excited and terrified :)! I have never had surgery before so I am anxious about that but far more importantly I can't wait to take my body and life back.