Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stomach Dent And Bad Inscision Pain?

Most stores that sell maternity clothes should have the bands. You can also look on motherhood.com they have plus size maternity clothes so I'm sure they have larger belly bands as well.

http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=991950398&MasterCategory_id=MC30. Here is a link for a belly band. It's $16

I had a huge dent, or what I call a dog ear and I was very upset about it. I had seen thus before when a friend got a baaaaad Tummy Tuck. My Dr assured me it would go away, and it has! I'm nearly 6 weeks out and its sooooo much better. That incision was my sorest, as that is the one he pulled my stomach out of. :( Ice packs were my very very best friends. Sometimes I would alternate with heating pad but ice was better for me. Also I wore a very snug tank top or body shaped to bed and it helped tremendously so that I could sleep in my fave side positions! You could even wrap ace bandage around if you got desperate! Lol I remember how rough it was getting around and how my giggly parts made it all worse. I hope you can get some rest! You will feel better sooner than you think! ;)

Thank you guys so much for everything! Its still very sore, I'm going to look into getting one othe tummy bands but in the mean time I have some ace bandages in the closet gonna see if I can make myself something temporary. Thanks for the idea Twyla!! I swear if I had Spanx right now I would be wearing them! Its like I can hear the angels sing when I lift my belly up lol the lack of pressure helps a lot! I'm glad to know the dent goes away and the pain subsides!!

Spanx are a Godsend!!!!!

I took a hot shower tonight- first shower since surgery. I think it helped the muscles feel a little better. Thank God we have a seat in the shower because there is no way I could have stood. Every day feels a bit better!

Was sleeved one the 14th. I also have 2 large dents one my abdomen. I thought my stomach was ugly looking before' date=' now its freaky looking. I am soooo hungry. Anybody else experiencing the same?[/quote']

I'm 10 days out and have not experienced true hunger yet , only head hunger . Everything smells better and stronger . What are these dents that your all talking about .

You need go to hospital.. I think that isn't normal... I didn't take any pain medications after the hospital. Take care.

You need go to hospital.. I think that isn't normal... I didn't take any pain medications after the hospital. Take care.

You are one of the lucky ones!! The pain she's describing is very normal post surgery for us who did have pain.

I swore I wouldn't need the pain meds but the doc insisted I take the script home just in case, he was soooo right! I thought I could handle it but quickly realized I needed the meds to rest!! When I had my gall bladder out years ago I didn't need any pain meds but this time I was grateful I had them!! Tylenol just didn't cut the discomfort at all.

Feel better soon!!

Pain is very common and so is the dent. I am 3 months out. My doctor said to massage the dented area(s) in a warm shower and eventually they went away (I had 2). Use your pain meds as needed and prop your belly with soft pillows or roll a blanket just to support it if you want to sleep on your side. It took me a couple weeks before I was comfortable enough to sleep on my side. I ended up pulling a muscle by trying too soon. Good luck!

Thank you all so much!! I was really scared there was something badly wrong with me for a minute! Last night I was able to get into my other side! I had to use a lot of pillows but I did it and managed to sleep. It's still uncomfortable but starting to get better. I took a nice shower last night and since then the area is a bit less tender to the touch. I'm gonna take another shower tonight and massage it thank you for the tip! It's getting better just taking time! And btw they only gave me Tylenol with codeine to take home. Is that normal? I heard of some people getting things like Percocet but I Definitely didn't. I'm ok with the Tylenol now but rlly could have used something stronger the first day home.

Was sleeved one the 14th. I also have 2 large dents one my abdomen. I thought my stomach was ugly looking before' date=' now its freaky looking. I am soooo hungry. Anybody else experiencing the same?[/quote']

Yes ma'am! I was sleeved on the 13th. My stomach looks a mess as well, I was a revision from lapband. My recovery has been a little rough. the dr. Had to remove a lot of scar tissue so I am just now seeing the light at the end of the road!! Lol. And to echo you, I AM STARVING!