Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Height, Weight, And Size Poll

Where do you stand?

No matter where you are on your journey' date=' could you share some body stats? If not your current stats, then where you started?

I sometimes see people becoming discouraged if someone is losing faster, or someone who weighs the same as they do can wear a smaller size.

I think it will help to see that everyone is DIFFERENT, we all carry our weight differently, and height makes a difference. Muscle mass and gender make a HUGE difference.

Feel free to update as your size changes.[/quote']

I'm 1 day post op

Highest weight 305

Start weight 303 size 24

Pre-op weight 284

I'm 1 day post op

Highest weight 305

Start weight 303 size 24

Pre-op weight 284

I'm 5'7"

Where do you stand?

No matter where you are on your journey' date=' could you share some body stats? If not your current stats, then where you started?

I sometimes see people becoming discouraged if someone is losing faster, or someone who weighs the same as they do can wear a smaller size.

I think it will help to see that everyone is DIFFERENT, we all carry our weight differently, and height makes a difference. Muscle mass and gender make a HUGE difference.

Feel free to update as your size changes.[/quote']

I am 5'9 260 lbs (still pre op). I flucuate between a 18-20

My highest ever was 232, I have all but blocked that from my mind.

I'm 5' 6.75" and weighed 228 at my first appt., the day I attended the bariatric seminar.

That was 2 months prior to surgery, I lived out of state at the time, so I didn't have to go back for the 2 week pre op and do the pre op diet. Air fare would have killed us on top of everything else! Yay!! I DID have to lose between 10 and 15 lbs....he likes to make sure the liver isn't fatty.

I lost 23 lbs, and weighed in at 203 the day of surgery. June 11, 2010

I reached Dr. Davidson's goal of 150 the first week of Nov 2010 and MY goal of 145 in Dec., a month later.

I am maintaining between 144 and 148. I still weigh and measure my food when we're at home and I weigh every single morning! I think I'm a little obsessive, but it works for me. It's like a game! Food wise, nothing is off limits except carbonated drinks. There are things I CHOOSE not to eat but if I wanted cotton candy of something horrible like that, I'd have a bite or two.

I was wearing an 18 - 20 and 1x or 2x shirt. I wore men's jeans most of the time....and it was a real wake up call when I got a 38x34. Ugh.

Now I wear a size M shirt, my dresses are a 6 and my jeans range in size. I have 4's, 6's and one pair of 8's. They are all from the Gap, but are all three different styles. Go figure. I still cannot believe I can wear ANY of those sizes!!

My highest ever was 232' date=' I have all but blocked that from my mind.

I'm 5' 6.75" and weighed 228 at my first appt., the day I attended the bariatric seminar.

That was 2 months prior to surgery, I lived out of state at the time, so I didn't have to go back for the 2 week pre op and do the pre op diet. Air fare would have killed us on top of everything else! Yay!! I DID have to lose between 10 and 15 lbs....he likes to make sure the liver isn't fatty.

I lost 23 lbs, and weighed in at 203 the day of surgery. June 11, 2010

I reached Dr. Davidson's goal of 150 the first week of Nov 2010 and MY goal of 145 in Dec., a month later.

I am maintaining between 144 and 148. I still weigh and measure my food when we're at home and I weigh every single morning! I think I'm a little obsessive, but it works for me. It's like a game! Food wise, nothing is off limits except carbonated drinks. There are things I CHOOSE not to eat but if I wanted cotton candy of something horrible like that, I'd have a bite or two.

I was wearing an 18 - 20 and 1x or 2x shirt. I wore men's jeans most of the time....and it was a real wake up call when I got a 38x34. Ugh.

Now I wear a size M shirt, my dresses are a 6 and my jeans range in size. I have 4's, 6's and one pair of 8's. They are all from the Gap, but are all three different styles. Go figure. I still cannot believe I can wear ANY of those sizes!![/quote']

Wow this sound like me but I did noe wore men's jeans. I will be sleeved 2/27 hope to get in a 4 some day soon :)

Female 5'9, 303lbs highest wt 322lbs, pant size 22w tops xxl/XXX depends on style of top.

Can't wait to be sleeved some time in March.

Sent from my XT907 using VST

4ft 11" 40+ African American.

Size 18/20.

225 lbs before Surgery.

221 lbs before PreOp Diet.

210 lbs after 2wk PreOp Diet.

Sleeved on - 1/22/13 @ 7:30am.

Light exercise for last 4 days. .

1/27/13 @2:56am Weigh In = 200.lbs

15 months post op at goal at 136 lbs (60 kilos)

5'3 started at 223 lbs

59 years old

Reached goal at about 11 months after surgery

I can eat anything at this point, but the nice part is, I DON'T!

Now it's time for a boob lift and implants and I'll be good to go!

35 yrs old 5'2" start weight was 284lbs

I am 6 months post op and down to 207lbs

Wore size 22/24 and can now squeeze into a 16, which feels so good!! I am not exercising as much as I should, but going to get that back on track, once I do, I think I will see faster results. July 2013 will be a year and my goal is to be down another 40lbs at least. I am noticing the extra skin big time, so hitting the gym is a must!!!

Good luck all!!

Highest weight (2002) 263 size 3x, 24W

Current weight 239 size in between 1x and 2x, tight 18W or loose 20W

Dr's goal 160-170

Personal goal 140-150

Height 5'4"

I'm 5'5"

Starting weight: 268

Pants: 16w-18w

Shirts: 2X-3X

Ring finger: 8

Shoes: 9

Bra: 44DD

Surgery date: 11/16/2010

Now...

Weight: 155

Pants: 8

Shirts: usually Medium

Ring finger: 5 !!! (Have to eventually get the all resized)

Shoes: 8-8/12

Bra: 36C

** I have been at these stats since about 3/2012

My goal is 140. Those last 30lbs take a LOT of work. I know if I tried harder I could have been there a long time ago. I've set a new date to reach my goal by November 2013.

The best advise to newby sleevers is to take advantage of the sleeve the first year you have it. Do everything you are supposed to do... take your Vitamins daily, get your Protein in so you don't lose your hair, drink your Water so you don't get wrinkles, exercise to help with saggy skin and use lotion daily. Try to lose as much as you can because after a year the rate of which you're losing will slow down. But don't worry when you stall, because eventually you'll start losing again.

I love my sleeve!!!!

:-)

Update, I weigh 164# now. I am a solid size 10 or medium I am sure in stretch jeans I could go a size smaller. i could also wear some 8s with shapewear.... which I seldom wear.

I am 5'5"., my highest weight was 332 back on 2005. I think I was wearing 28-30X at that point.

Presurgery I was 308 and most of my clothes were 26W and a combo of 2x/3x

I am now 185 and wear 12s and 14s - talking non stretch jeans. I buy size L tops for the most part.

If it is a mens or unisex item I seem to be at about a medium.

I find clothing sizes to be kind of bogus though... if I buy stuff at a typical dept store, I need a "Large". If I buy equestrian stuff I am still in the 1x or bigger range. Clothing sizes are vanity sized to their target market and is not a very good comparison.

I am shocked to read women who at my weight say they are wearing size 4-6s... wow, it is hard to imagine even though I am sure they are much taller then me.

6'0 tall, very large bone structure, highest weight every recorded 385 lbs. Pre surgery weight 360 lbs. in 2009. Now am 198-205 lbs wear size 14/16 tall. Have met my doctors goal for me but now am trying very hard to meet my own personal goal of 170 lbs. . . I don't think I've EVER weighed that. . . (at 12 years old I weighed 222 hahaha, so this is going to be interesting journey)

I'm 34 and am 9 months postop. My current weight is 131. I used to weigh 235. I'm 5'3. I wear a size 4 pant and size small top (unless it's Nike or some tech shirt- I'm always a very fitting medium lol ).

Sent from my iPhone using VST

5'1.9"

Started as a size 26, now wear size 20.

Weight and bmi stats in ticker :)