Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Height, Weight, And Size Poll

Pre op

Ht 5'9"

CW 260

Pants size 20

Tops 2x

Today is my surgery day.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Where do you stand?

No matter where you are on your journey' date=' could you share some body stats? If not your current stats, then where you started?

I sometimes see people becoming discouraged if someone is losing faster, or someone who weighs the same as they do can wear a smaller size.

I think it will help to see that everyone is DIFFERENT, we all carry our weight differently, and height makes a difference. Muscle mass and gender make a HUGE difference.

Feel free to update as your size changes.[/quote']

Im 5'9 started at 371 now 349 surgery is 3/18

I'm 5'6" (I've shrunk and inch), started at 222 lbs (size 18) (had been up to 253/size22/24W) Now, 4 days post op, 2 days out of the hospital I am down to 211.4 lbs. Have no idea of size---still wearing as baggy as possible. :wacko:

I think I also shrunk and inch because i was 5'7 now it says 5'6....sucks...lol

Well, I have shrunk since my previous update! I am at goal since February 2013. current:

Height: 5'5"

Weight: 158

Pant size: 8 (fitted, not stretchy)

Dress size: 10

Tops: Medium

I started out at 308 day of pre-op diet start; 300 day of surgery. My all time highest weight (in 2004) was 332.

At the time of my surgery I was stuffed into 26W wearing either 2x/3x depending on the top

So, the scale weighs me heavy but I am a big framed person so everyone around me tells me to stop right here since I am bony looking even weighing in the 150s. The attached photos are when I was about 5# over goal.

post-12388-13813663684495_thumb.jpg

post-12388-13813663684895_thumb.jpg

Height: 5'3

My highest weight: 350 lbs. (November 28, 2012)

Weight as of beginning of March 2013: 325 lbs.

Pre-Op liquid diet begins on March 11, 2013.

Surgery Date: March 11, 2013

Currently wearing size 28 jeans, but all of them are fitting VERY loosely. Tops: Size 22/24, XL-2X shirts depending on the make. Looking forward to what my results will be post-op. Gonna work hard at this! :D

I'm 5'8/ 340 pounds/ size 22/24 bottoms & 26/28 tops.

I'm pre-op. goal is 170! Surgery expected in July 2013

Surgery 1 year 2 months ago. 5'10 and started at 349. I wore 28 pant 3X top. Now 164 size 5/6 pant and medium/small top.

Just went shopping over the weekend. I'm now a size 2/4 pants! Craaazzy!!

Height: 5'11"

Two months pre surgery(5-19-2012): 360 lb, top: 3x, shorts: 2x, pants: 48

Surgery (7-2-2012): 335 lb

Today (3-11-2013): 176 lb, top: med, shorts: med, pants: 32-34

Love it! Weight will probably climb 5-10 lb as I get muscular. Just starting crossfit to help with that. Main cardio is running 5k-10k 3x a week.

Hi all,

Height: 5'7"

Highest weight: 305

Largest sizes: 24 pants/dress, 22-24 tops, 3X

First appointment with Dr. weight: 303

DOS weight: 284

Current weight as of 3/7/13: 262.2

Current size pants: 20

Current top size: 18/20

Congratulations to everyone! Keep up the good work.

I am 5'3 starting weight 223 wearing 1x tops and tight 18 bottoms.

Weight now 150-152 medium tops and 10/12 bottoms

I'm currently in a five week stall. I don't always eat the right things, but I manage to stay under my 1200 calories and work out 4/5 times a week. Guess it's time to shake things up!!!

Thank you for this thread!!!! I was getting so discouraged and I'm only a week and 2 days post op.

height: 5'6

Highest weight: 297

Weight pre op: 281

As of today: 273

Clothing size: 22/24 pant, 1x-3x tops depending how I feel that day :)

Goal weight: 150 lbs

I understand people loose differently but I expected a lot more. Anywho.... I continue on to success!!! I will get there!!!

started 5'5 at 217 wearing 16-18 pants and XL/ XXl tops.

now 5'5 at 159 wearing 9/10 pants and LG/Med tops.

Goal - 5'5 130 wearing 5/6 pants and SM/MED tops

Thank you for this thread!!!! I was getting so discouraged and I'm only a week and 2 days post op.

height: 5'6

Highest weight: 297

Weight pre op: 281

As of today: 273

Clothing size: 22/24 pant, 1x-3x tops depending how I feel that day :)

Goal weight: 150 lbs

I understand people loose differently but I expected a lot more. Anywho.... I continue on to success!!! I will get there!!!

I hope you're not expecting a lot more than this in the long run - looking at your numbers, it looks like you've lose nearly a pound a day since your surgery! That's fantastic! Remember, this isn't a miracle, it's a tool - but your body can only do so much in a certain amount of time. you're doing great!

I am 31, 5'4 and currently weight 310lbs. I wear a size 24 (tight) pants. Some of my 24's I can't get in. :(

Should be having surgery before June 30th, although no date set. Currently going through pre-op appointments.

I hope you're not expecting a lot more than this in the long run - looking at your numbers' date=' it looks like you've lose nearly a pound a day since your surgery! That's fantastic! Remember, this isn't a miracle, it's a tool - but your body can only do so much in a certain amount of time. you're doing great![/quote']

I was just a little discouraged this morning. Minor freak out. I know a pound a day is awesome!!! I honestly don't know what to expect. Thank you for your encouragement!!! It is really appreciated.