Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are fibrecons?

Fibercons are Fiber pills that I picked up at the grocery store. They apparently expand in the stomach which explains how they could alleviate my hunger:

http://www.fibercon.com/lc/answers

Any kind of Fiber will fill up the stomach though. I try to throw in a scoop of flax mill into all of my Protein shakes and puddings and my last meal of the day.

I have also found an appetite suppressant called Obestrim to be somewhat helpful. It is supposedly a natural appetite suppressant and is available to buy online.

Going into this with a true understanding of everyone being different, and not to count on the best scenario is really going to be a benefit to me. I don't know at all what to expect, accept hopefully I will take in less food at a sitting. Other than that ,it's up in the air. It is a blessing to have all these different experiences to gleen from. Thanks

This may sound like a stupid question but did you put the Protein Powder in the pudding before or after u made it?

Before (or while) I was making it. I had to reduce the liquid a bit because the Protein powder made the pudding resist 'setting up'.

I was sleeved one the 14th. I have literally been in tears today when I think about how hungry I am. Majority of the people who have had this surgery tell me they could barely get 1/2 a can of Soup down. They feel so full so fast.

I am so hungry. Had soup already. Then cottage cheese. Still hungry. So dosapointed. I was looking so foward to finally feeling full so quickly. Hoping all went well with the surgery.

Any advice? Please?

I was sleeved on 10/15 and my biggest struggle is delineating "my body needs food" vs. "I want to eat". They are 2 very different things and I'm still trying to figure out the signs, signals and feelings associated with each.

For instance, today I've had the feeling that I want to "eat a lot of something", as in a full, BIG meal. Now I know that that feeling is my mind trying to get me to do what I've done for years...over eat. Now I'm trying to figure out WHY. Boredom, self-pity, stress, habit, WHAT?!

This is such a PROCESS, and I don't think anyone can understand it until you're in the middle of it. Good luck to us all!

Sansa I don't care if you're an adult or not' date=' anyone new to the sleeve is new to feeling sensations dealing with the stomach. Her stomach is only 5-10 weeks out if I remember her post correctly. So that HAS NOTHING TO DO with adulthood because she now has a newborn stomach. So in cases such as the OP's hunger may be hunger, but hunger so strong should be treated first a thirst, then checked into as a reflux problem, reflected on as head hunger, and then after the previous are dealt with it, considered real hunger.

And I just woke up, so back to bed for me.

EDIT: She's MUCH newer than I thought. So after you just fed a newborn plenty and it started crying would you feed it again? No, you burp it, check it's diaper, etc.

She hasn't had time to learn what hunger with a sleeve feels like.[/quote']

True that though it feels very much like under from the moment I woke up from surgery almost

I agree that hunger still feels like hunger and reflux like reflux and thirst like thirst. Taking antacids and drinking lots of Water does absolutely nothing for my hunger. One of my main reasons for having the surgery was that I hoped that it would help me with hunger but' date=' thus far, it hasn't. In fact, I have to deal with hunger a lot more since I can only take in 100-200 calories at a time.[/quote']

I feel you I am always sippin broth or Water or something just to try to keep my hunger at bay

Same here! I was so hopeful and excited reading all the posts where people declared that they were no longer hungry. EVER. I so wanted to be one of them! I was 100% SURE that having my fundus removed would eliminate the gherlin' date=' and thus, solve all my hunger problems. That's didn't happen. I WISH it did, but it didn't.

I eat much more frequently now because I can no longer pack in the # of calories it takes to fuel my mass for 6 or 7 hours at a time. The fact that I still get hungry was unexpected and disappointing![/quote']

Me too! Very disappointed, I am going to ask my doctor about it at my 2 week check up

Before (or while) I was making it. I had to reduce the liquid a bit because the Protein powder made the pudding resist 'setting up'.

thank you I am going to try it tomorrow

I was sleeved one the 14th. I have literally been in tears today when I think about how hungry I am. Majority of the people who have had this surgery tell me they could barely get 1/2 a can of Soup down. They feel so full so fast.

I am so hungry. Had soup already. Then cottage cheese. Still hungry. So dosapointed. I was looking so foward to finally feeling full so quickly. Hoping all went well with the surgery.

Any advice? Please?

I am struggling with hunger myself at the moment. However, I have found that adding fiber to all of my Protein Shakes, puddings, and pureed meals seems to somewhat alleviate my hunger. I also set an alarm and force myself to eat something or have a shake every 2 hours. The biggest issue for me at the moment is trying to get to sleep at night when I am starving. I'm thinking that adding Protein powders and fiber to pureed soup and meat for my last meal of the day is my best option right now.

Hi Tiffany' date=' take a deep breath and let go. Okay, everyone is different and just because you feel hunger does not mean there's anything wrong with you inherently. Give yourself a break, you've not eaten for days so it stands to reason that you are experiencing this right now. I remember having hunger at about a week out that I couldn't seem to satisfy. This will fluctuate. If I had to call it I would say that first month is a really rough recovery time. You will be eating as soon as you feel you can't stand it any more. It's only a few weeks away, once you go on mushies you will feel very satisfied. If I could suggest increasing your fluids and sipping on something very often. You may be feeling hunger which is actually thirst. You may also be feeling what has been termed "head hunger", a very strange phenomenon which occurs with those of us who have been sleeved. Remember, appetite occurs in the brain. Your brain is also adjusting. Try to drink fluids and keep your mind off of food if you can. Just keep walking, keep breathing, keep sipping and try to have a few laughs. You have come this far and you will be so happy very soon. I am four months out and have no regrets. I eat whatever I want (it's just so nice to be so easily satisfied). I feel normal all the time. I had a rough recovery too and I totally understand. You will be fine. Everything will be ok, just keep to your post op and nourish yourself body and mind. Best Wishes.[/quote']

I was told that the hunger sensation is gone after this surgery. My surgery is tomorrow hoping that sensation is gone because that was one of the big selling points. I'm already hungry from this liquid diet. I pray all goes well for us all.

Hello All' date='

This is my first day after surgery and I have a lot of gas and I'm hungry! For some reason I am hungry and so far no matter how much Water,Isopure, and broth I drink. Most of the people who were in my classes with me and have already had their surgery are not hungry. It figures that I'm so fat that even after surgery I'm still hungry. I thought I wouldn't get hungry, or at least not as much. It's constant or maybe I'm confusing it with some sort of weird pain I'm mistaking for hunger. I feel like I could eat normally, though I wouldn't dare try it! Is this normal and if so for how long? How long will I be in pain? Please help...[/quote']

Sleeved on the 14th. I'm also so hungry. Can't get that full or even satisfied feeling for nothing. Nobody that I have spoken to has experience this not full feeling after surgery WTF. I also feel like I could go right back to eating my pre-surgery diet. When will it get better. This is not what I was expecting. Fearful of failure..

Hi Tiffany' date=' take a deep breath and let go. Okay, everyone is different and just because you feel hunger does not mean there's anything wrong with you inherently. Give yourself a break, you've not eaten for days so it stands to reason that you are experiencing this right now. I remember having hunger at about a week out that I couldn't seem to satisfy. This will fluctuate. If I had to call it I would say that first month is a really rough recovery time. You will be eating as soon as you feel you can't stand it any more. It's only a few weeks away, once you go on mushies you will feel very satisfied. If I could suggest increasing your fluids and sipping on something very often. You may be feeling hunger which is actually thirst. You may also be feeling what has been termed "head hunger", a very strange phenomenon which occurs with those of us who have been sleeved. Remember, appetite occurs in the brain. Your brain is also adjusting. Try to drink fluids and keep your mind off of food if you can. Just keep walking, keep breathing, keep sipping and try to have a few laughs. You have come this far and you will be so happy very soon. I am four months out and have no regrets. I eat whatever I want (it's just so nice to be so easily satisfied). I feel normal all the time. I had a rough recovery too and I totally understand. You will be fine. Everything will be ok, just keep to your post op and nourish yourself body and mind. Best Wishes.[/quote']

This is so encouraging. I'm going through what Tiffany is explaining. This is so difficult. The hunger and inability to feel full or satisfied is making me freaking nuts. Thanks for this..

Sleeved on the 14th. I'm also so hungry. Can't get that full or even satisfied feeling for nothing. Nobody that I have spoken to has experience this not full feeling after surgery WTF. I also feel like I could go right back to eating my pre-surgery diet. When will it get better. This is not what I was expecting. Fearful of failure..

Yes! It's horrible! I feel like something didn't work or something is wrong with me. I spoke with my surgeon's nurse and she said that I am not taking in enough Protein but I get at least 60-75 grams daily. Tonight I made myself some real instant potatoes with chicken broth and I feel a lot better, though I know it's not the best thing to eat so anyone wanting to lecture, please don't. This should be a place to freely vent and share our emotions, obstacles, and successes freely. I meet with my surgeon this Friday and I will talk to him about it. Most of the time I want to cry and I am afraid to get on the scale to see if I lost anything since surgery on the 14th. The gas is getting better though. My sister just got her date of 12/17/12, Yay! Anyways, thanks for the support all and letting me vent...

I was told that the hunger sensation is gone after this surgery. My surgery is tomorrow hoping that sensation is gone because that was one of the big selling points. I'm already hungry from this liquid diet. I pray all goes well for us all.

Not everyone gets hungry, from reading posts hunger is the minority so hopefully you fall into that category. Best of luck!