Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't understand why every time someone on this board says that they are hungry that others try to persuade them that they are confusing hunger with gas or thirst. We are all adults and know by now the difference between hunger' date=' gas, and thirst. I was absolutely starving today but yet so many people on this board would seemingly have us all believe that I can't possibly be hungry on a 600 calorie diet! It really is ridiculous that everybody who claims to be hungry after surgery on this board is never taken seriously. It is entirely possible that the multitude of people who experience severe hunger after the surgery on a 600 calorie diet are actually...wait for it...HUNGRY.[/quote']

I am glad I am not one of those that are hungry

I liked butternut squash Soup at first. It was made by a company called Pacific- something. It's very smooth and flavorful. I also mixed Protein into V8 and pudding. The spasms went away quickly; they got better every day.

Most people seem to have a lot more problems than I did' date=' or a lot longer-lasting problems than I did, so I might not be the best example. I healed very quickly and never had issues with gas, vomiting, etc.[/quote']

This may sound like a stupid question but did you put the Protein Powder in the pudding before or after u made it?

Sansa I don't care if you're an adult or not, anyone new to the sleeve is new to feeling sensations dealing with the stomach. Her stomach is only 5-10 weeks out if I remember her post correctly. So that HAS NOTHING TO DO with adulthood because she now has a newborn stomach. So in cases such as the OP's hunger may be hunger, but hunger so strong should be treated first a thirst, then checked into as a reflux problem, reflected on as head hunger, and then after the previous are dealt with it, considered real hunger.

And I just woke up, so back to bed for me.

EDIT: She's MUCH newer than I thought. So after you just fed a newborn plenty and it started crying would you feed it again? No, you burp it, check it's diaper, etc.

She hasn't had time to learn what hunger with a sleeve feels like.

Sansa I don't care if you're an adult or not' date=' anyone new to the sleeve is new to feeling sensations dealing with the stomach. Her stomach is only 5-10 weeks out if I remember her post correctly. So that HAS NOTHING TO DO with adulthood because she now has a newborn stomach. So in cases such as the OP's hunger may be hunger, but hunger so strong should be treated first a thirst, then checked into as a reflux problem, reflected on as head hunger, and then after the previous are dealt with it, considered real hunger.

EDIT: She's MUCH newer than I thought. So after you just fed a newborn plenty and it started crying would you feed it again? No, you burp it, check it's diaper, etc.

She hasn't had time to learn what hunger with a sleeve feels like.[/quote']

I agree completely. I read so many posts about people a few days or weeks out complaining of hunger. My doc told me I would not feel hunger after the sleeve bc they remove the part of the stomach that produces ghruelin (not sure of the spelling), which is the hunger hormone. I believed him and when I started thinking I felt hungry after my sleeve I recognized it for what it was- gas, reflux, and my fat self wanting to eat bc I knew it would taste good and I like to eat. I reminded myself it was all in my head. So it's just my opinion but I say take control of your mind and stop letting it try to sabotage your weightloss.

Sansa I don't care if you're an adult or not, anyone new to the sleeve is new to feeling sensations dealing with the stomach. Her stomach is only 5-10 weeks out if I remember her post correctly. So that HAS NOTHING TO DO with adulthood because she now has a newborn stomach. So in cases such as the OP's hunger may be hunger, but hunger so strong should be treated first a thirst, then checked into as a reflux problem, reflected on as head hunger, and then after the previous are dealt with it, considered real hunger.

She hasn't had time to learn what hunger with a sleeve feels like.

I agree completely. I read so many posts about people a few days or weeks out complaining of hunger. My doc told me I would not feel hunger after the sleeve bc they remove the part of the stomach that produces ghruelin (not sure of the spelling), which is the hunger hormone. I believed him and when I started thinking I felt hungry after my sleeve I recognized it for what it was- gas, reflux, and my fat self wanting to eat bc I knew it would taste good and I like to eat. I reminded myself it was all in my head. So it's just my opinion but I say take control of your mind and stop letting it try to sabotage your weightloss.

Apparently, anyone who experiences hunger on a 600 calorie diet has either the mind and stomach of an infant or lacks control. I understand that you believe that people that claim to be hungry aren't actually hungry, however, denying the fact that people experience starvation on 600 calorie diet doesn't really help people who are actually hungry. Just because surgeons and drug companies selling expensive vsg surgeries try to convince you that vsg diminishes hunger does not actually mean that vsg diminishes hunger for everyone nor does it mean that starvation is gas, thirst, or lack of control.

If I was a immoral surgeon and I told you that vsg would diminish hunger if only you pay me $5-$20+k but you were still hungry after the surgery anyways then I might try to blame you for being hungry on a 600 calorie diet by claiming that you have an immature stomach and mind or can't possibly tell the difference between hunger, gas, or thirst, or I might even insinuate that you lack control. I might pretty much say anything to keep you from suing me for making promises that I made in order to get your money for the surgery. My point is that insulting people that claim to be hungry by telling them that they aren't actually hungry isn't necessarily helping them like so many people on this board seem to think that it does. It is absolutely reasonable to acknowledge that the surgery does not diminish hunger for a lot of people. It is something that pre-ops need to be aware of before dishing out a lot of money.

I don't understand why every time someone on this board says that he/she is hungry that others try to persuade he/she that he/she is confusing hunger with gas or thirst. We are all adults and know by now the difference between hunger, gas, and thirst. I was absolutely starving today but yet so many people on this board would seemingly have us all believe that I can't possibly be hungry on a 600 calorie diet! It really is ridiculous that everybody who claims to be hungry after surgery on this board is never taken seriously. It is entirely possible that the multitude of people who experience severe hunger after the surgery on a 600 calorie diet are actually...wait for it...HUNGRY.

I have to agree. My 209 lb body requires a lot of calories to maintain. I get lots of exercise. OF COURSE I get hungry on 800 calories when previously I had been eating 3x that amount.

I HAVE had gas, I HAVE had thirst, and I HAVE had reflux, and to me, all of those things still feel like exactly what they are. They still feel like gas, thirst, and reflux, and only hunger feels like hunger, and it's not all in my head.

I think it's completely reasonable to feel hungry 3 hrs after a 150 calorie meal. I definitely did, and had to eat very frequently in the beginning.

I understand that some people still feel hungry. Everyones experience is different! Thank goodness it takes so much less to fill me up now.

I have to agree. My 209 lb body requires a lot of calories to maintain. I get lots of exercise. OF COURSE I get hungry on 800 calories when previously I had been eating 3x that amount.

I HAVE had gas, I HAVE had thirst, and I HAVE had reflux, and to me, all of those things still feel like exactly what they are. They still feel like gas, thirst, and reflux, and only hunger feels like hunger, and it's not all in my head.

I think it's completely reasonable to feel hungry 3 hrs after a 150 calorie meal. I definitely did, and had to eat very frequently in the beginning.

I understand that some people still feel hungry. Everyones experience is different! Thank goodness it takes so much less to fill me up now.

I agree that hunger still feels like hunger and reflux like reflux and thirst like thirst. Taking antacids and drinking lots of Water does absolutely nothing for my hunger. One of my main reasons for having the surgery was that I hoped that it would help me with hunger but, thus far, it hasn't. In fact, I have to deal with hunger a lot more since I can only take in 100-200 calories at a time.

I agree that hunger still feels like hunger and reflux like reflux and thirst like thirst. Taking antacids and drinking lots of Water does absolutely nothing for my hunger. One of my main reasons for having the surgery was that I hoped that it would help me with hunger but, thus far, it hasn't. In fact, I have to deal with hunger a lot more since I can only take in 100-200 calories at a time.

Same here! I was so hopeful and excited reading all the posts where people declared that they were no longer hungry. EVER. I so wanted to be one of them! I was 100% SURE that having my fundus removed would eliminate the gherlin, and thus, solve all my hunger problems. That's didn't happen. I WISH it did, but it didn't.

I eat much more frequently now because I can no longer pack in the # of calories it takes to fuel my mass for 6 or 7 hours at a time. The fact that I still get hungry was unexpected and disappointing!

Same here! I was so hopeful and excited reading all the posts where people declared that they were no longer hungry. EVER. I so wanted to be one of them! I was 100% SURE that having my fundus removed would eliminate the gherlin, and thus, solve all my hunger problems. That's didn't happen. I WISH it did, but it didn't.

I eat much more frequently now because I can no longer pack in the # of calories it takes to fuel my mass for 6 or 7 hours at a time. The fact that I still get hungry was unexpected and disappointing!

so what ways have you found to deal with your hunger and still lose weight, LeaveItToSleever? I have been trying to eat every 2 hours for 6 small meals a day, however, that means that my last meal is at 6-7 p.m. I am absolutely starving for the rest of the night. What diet do you follow as far as calories, Proteins, and carbs?

There is no guarantee a sleeve will diminish hunger pains and anyone that's smart enough to research would know that. Even if you have hunger doesn't make the surgery a "waste" of money.

And at a day or so out I seriously doubt anyone with a swollen stomach feels hungry. True hunger anyway.

I never said anyone had the mind of an infant but the new stomach of one. And as far as insulting, I believe you're the only one that did that when you jumped to insinuating that EVERYONE on this board that disagrees with you is wrong....

OP, try fluids, gas x strips, etc. If you're still hungry try some Isopure liquid, the taste is far from pleasant, but 20 oz has 40g of Protein and it should help curb the hunger for a bit, with the bonus of Protein to help you heal and 20 oz of your daily fluids :) according to my NUT that's a third of my minimum daily goal. I'm telling ya, it's not the best, it left my tongue feeling funny but it's really helping me on my clear liquid diet. GNC also has another brand of a similar product :) keep us posted!

so what ways have you found to deal with your hunger and still lose weight, LeaveItToSleever? I have been trying to eat every 2 hours for 6 small meals a day, however, that means that my last meal is at 6-7 p.m. I am absolutely starving for the rest of the night. What diet do you follow as far as calories, Proteins, and carbs?

Same as you; I eat frequent, small meals. I also can't eat within 2 or 3 hrs of lying down, because I'll get reflux if I do, so I go to bed hungry.

My diet is mostly Protein, and some complex carbs (vegetables and legumes) for Fiber and phytonutrients. Proteins and fats are harder to digest; I find they last much longer in my stomach and keep my hunger at bay for while.

There is no guarantee a sleeve will diminish hunger pains and anyone that's smart enough to research would know that. Even if you have hunger doesn't make the surgery a "waste" of money.

And at a day or so out I seriously doubt anyone with a swollen stomach feels hungry. True hunger anyway.

And as far as insulting, I believe you're the only one that did that when you jumped to insinuating that EVERYONE on this board that disagrees with you is wrong....

Pot, meet kettle.

Again, everyone's experience is different.

I have no trouble believing that someone feels hungry shortly after surgery, when they have not eaten for 2 or 3 days. The fact that a newly sleeved person is in a lot of pain and CAN'T eat doesn't change the fact that their body still runs on calories, which are not being supplied.

JMHO, but it seems reasonable to ME and I would never imply that anyone else is wrong or stupid for disagreeing or experiencing something else.

Pot' date=' meet kettle.

Again, everyone's experience is different.

I have no trouble believing that someone feels hungry shortly after surgery, when they have not eaten for 2 or 3 days. The fact that a newly sleeved person is in a lot of pain and CAN'T eat doesn't change the fact that their body still runs on calories, which are not being supplied.

JMHO, but it seems reasonable to ME and I would never imply that anyone else is wrong or stupid for disagreeing or experiencing something else.[/quote']

Nobody called anyone stupid until Sensa threw the word insult out there. And in what way was I being a hypocrite, exactly?

Same as you; I eat frequent, small meals. I also can't eat within 2 or 3 hrs of lying down, because I'll get reflux if I do, so I go to bed hungry.

My diet is mostly Protein, and some complex carbs (vegetables and legumes) for fiber and phytonutrients. Proteins and fats are harder to digest; I find they last much longer in my stomach and keep my hunger at bay for while.

btw, I discovered today that swallowing a couple of fibercons on an empty stomach with Water alleviated my hunger. I'm thinking that taking a couple at bedtime may help me make through the night a little better without being so hungry.

What are fibrecons?