Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Garcia Tijuana Patient Stats?

And btw when someone starts a thread with this kind if heading is bound to open a can of warms

Fatalities is not the reality of things. There is allegedly one patient with an extensive cardiac history who died at home, well after surgery. As I outlined previously, even if it's true, it puts his mortality rate lower than that of most US surgeons and 1 person who dies weeks later does not count as "fatalities" in "Tijuana". It's misleading and most likely posted by a coordinator pushing their guy instead. I'm fine with the poster who walked out, to each their own, but to have a post that tarnishes a good surgeon's name because of a coordinator battle, well it does injustice to the alleged impartiality of the site.

Leelee, I've had experiences with bad nurses. After being told that I needed a picc line because my veins were to weak, a nurse came in with her cocky self assuring me she could find my vein. Well, she did. in the middle off my scan when the contrast was injected, my vein collapsed causing all of that dye to go into my arm. It swelled up to the point where it looked like I was going to burst and I ended up with a blood clot where the vein collapsed.

If I sense that anything is wrong, i'm out. I'm glad that you followed your instinct.

Btw, my last pcp has the old school EKG machine and despite it working fine, it is surely funny to look at.

I want to respond to the part of the thread that spoke about not having the right stickers to get across the border.

Abraham, with ALM, did the same thing for us. He explained that he was TRYING to get us through the medical lane because the other lanes were so backed up. He really didn't have the right criteria to use the medical lane so he would do what he could to get through otherwise we would have to wait in line. I appreciate the effort, it worked and we got through. If he has wanted to stop and get them a steak dinner I would have paid for it to avoid waiting in line!

I had a great experience with dr Garcia and the whole staff at ALM!

I agree .. The title of the thread needs to change. Dr Garcia is a wonderful surgeon. I chose him too. I did the research and loved everything about him. And this thread looks bad to his name. But hopefully people who see the thread name will take the time and read on and find out all the good stuff about him.

I didn't get a chance to find out just how great he is ... My experience has nothing to do with him

I still think he's amazing.

He's one of the best out there ...

I have gone to tj 3 times and talk to coordinators about a trip across. I hate when ppl assume when they talk about crossing. Drivers have to wait a lot of hours to cross to US and HAVE to use any means possible many times. Many patient don't understand the system. I can add to the weird stopping. At the border there are a few ways to get across faster and one if which was as described, having a special pass but there is also another way where everyone in a car has to have a special pass and it costs a lot if money. You would have to wait only 15 minutes. Imagine having to drive across every day a few times and wait many hours. I could not

Ditto lee. This has nothing to do with a surgeon but the facility and supporting staff

Leelee's expectations were obviously that she was going to a spa resort, mine were more realistic obviously. I was actually pleasantly surprised by Mi hospital. I was expecting to be in a one room clinic. The hospital was not like that at all. There are four floors in the hospital. There is a small cafe on the first floor for the doctors, nurses and visitors to use. The patients are all on the third or fourth floor so why this is an issue I have no idea. This is a hospital that was probably not built just for bariatric patients, believe it or not the world does have other people in it.

My TV worked perfectly after I asked how to make it work! My bed went up and down just like it was supposed to. My room was clean and my bathroom was completely functioning.

I have had experiences in the US (having had three surgeries in two years I have a lot if experience) where I have had a nurse stick me 5 or 6 times to find a vein. I've had to complain until another nurse came in to get me an IV because mine was completely incompetent. Then they press the auto button and I don't see them again for 6 or 7 hours because the machine is not telling them that my IV has run out. So you can have bad experiences anywhere! Not all nurses are good, no matter where you go.

If you really want to help people, maybe the lying needs to stop. Freespirit mentioned that the hospital is one floor. That is a blatant lie!

I am not a coordinator, I am just a person who had a great experience and feel like this thread is hurting the very person who saved my life! You can say all you want that Garcia is a good doctor and you chose him but people are only going to focus on the negatives.

I am not a bully. I gave my opinion, just like you gave yours. Except i have chosen to share my whole story and not just random parts of it. Until you can say to us all why you, at the last minute, decided to take a 'better' opportunity we all have the right to question you.

If anybody has the expectation that they are going to a spa resort and its going to look like the billion dollar hospitals in the US then they seriously need to do more research and think about if going to MX is really the right thing for them to do. It's a border town in Mexico. It's not Cabo!

SUZ your facts are wrong. I did a lot of research and the whole building is a so called hospital because in TJ the only real hospital is gov't owned the rest are private clinics which they call hospital. Each floor has a different doctor who owns the clinic on that floor. We were not under impression it was a spa but we were also not told that we would be an assembly line and treated as a number. I also know for a fact through nurses who worked in that clinic that they reuse surgical equipment that is supposted to be thrown out. Don't flipping get me started on more as I have held back thus far.

Inappropriate attacks on another member edited out by administrator.

Obviously you are a coordinator. You know the lay out so well.

I am choosing not to tell everything on here because there's no need to. My opinion is just that ... An opinion

Ever heard the one about opinions are like assholes ? I'm sure u have suzythe snit

I would never want to change the way another person feels about having this surgery done. Because that is the most important part !

I wish everyone could be able to do this surgery. It will change your life.

I will never regret doing that ... Tijuana was beautiful and dr Garcia is a fantastic doctor.

There are way too many politics with the non sense with these coordinators fighting for a piece of the pie And its a shame. Because they are the ones ruining it for everyone else.

I can guarantee that this suzythe snitty

Is a coordinator ! She knows way too many details about my experience and wants to make damn sure to make me look less creditable to benefit herself.

Why else would you take it upon yourself to personally attack ??

I have spent way to much time on this. I don't need to listen to crap from someone trying to sell the place.

This is not a forum for that ...

Thank you to all the wonderful positive real people ... Who say so many meaningful things on this site. And all the pm's I received. Thanx guys.

We should be here to support each other. Not trash people.

The most important part is Dr Garcia is wonderful. And will take great care of you.

Good luck to all newbies. Can't wait to read your wonderful stories of your journeys and reaching your weight loss goals.

Just going to say that I'm the bully? I didn't resort to name calling. Both of you have.

Oh and by the way 'I was told by people who work in the clinic that they reuse surgical equipment' is called hearsay and not even Judge Judy would listen to that! Just saying. I'm done now. If I was a coordinator wouldn't I be making money for saying this stuff? Where's my check?

Sorry about the name calling ... Your right. I shouldn't have stooped to your level and bash your comments.

All these people on here don't need to hear this bickering. So lets end it here.

Not worth anyone's time.

Lets just all agree ... You are in good hands with the surgeons at the Mi hospital

That is the most important part.

The rest is just your personal preference ...

And everyone has a voice. Stand up and use it if you aren't happy about something.

But let's get everyone sleeved and healthy !!

Take care everyone xo

I would just like to mention that people should keep in mind that prior patients are offered kickbacks after surgery for sending new referrals. So, any requests for PMs and whatnot to bash a facility or a doctor, you should keep that in mind.

I wish I had known that pre op. when I sent a friend to Dr Garcia, I didn't send her through my booking company, because they overbooked us. My doc was only scheduled to do 6 that day, but ended up with 5 after someone left. So, my doc wasn't overbooked, but we only had 1 patient that was traveling alone, and there wasn't enough room in the vans that my booking company had.

I'd have to say on the EKG thing, the stickies were not very sticky, so they had a hard time getting a reading. I have hard veins to get into with being a small person with low blood pressure, so I had multiple sticks, but that is the norm for me. I work in medicine, so of course I was comparing everything to care I get in the US.

I think the two things I noticed were that the tubes they collect blood in were not vacuum tubes and the Fluid they hung were in hard plastic instead of the flimsy bags we use in the US. Also, they were all labeled by hand. And like i said, the EKG stickies not so sticky. All of this makes the nurses jobs harder, but didn't affect me as a patient.

I reacted to the adhesive in the tape and got blisters on my abdomen, which at first I thought was latex exposure, but it wasn't. I used non latex steri strips when I got back to the US and had the same reaction. Turns out I am allergic to the adhesive. There was no way for them to know that as I didn't know myself.

I am so happy I went to Dr Garcia. He was a very pleasant man, he explained things well and checked on me multiple times while I was in the hospital. The discharge docs were great too. Dr Luna gave us his number and Email address, so I could contact him if anything came up after surgery.

I just wanted to put my 2 cents in. Also, our driver stopped at jack in the box on the way back and some people were all cranky about that, but I really didn't care about that any more than I cared about my friend eating pizza at the airport. It's not like I could have eaten it.

Anyway, just wanted to give that disclaimer now that I am aware of the kick backs. I'm sure all will go well with everyone.

I would just like to mention that people should keep in mind that prior patients are offered kickbacks after surgery for sending new referrals. So' date=' any requests for PMs and whatnot to bash a facility or a doctor, you should keep that in mind.

I am so happy I went to Dr Garcia. He was a very pleasant man, he explained things well and checked on me multiple times while I was in the hospital. The discharge docs were great too. Dr Luna gave us his number and Email address, so I could contact him if anything came up after surgery.

[/quote']

Wait. I could get a kickback! I am so naive. I was offered a kickback from the coordinator that I used (who I think I only mentioned once or twice) but never heard anything about that from the surgeon himself so please know that I am not getting any kickbacks! I don't want, or need any kickbacks. I just want people to know the truth about Mi hospital and the staff there.

Secondly, Dr Luna gave you his phone number? Hubba hubba!

Okay, everyone needs to step back, take a deep breath and remember our forum rules. In case you need a refresher, here is the link:

The personal attacks, disrespecting of each other and name calling needs to stop immediately or I will close this thread and issue warnings and/or suspensions. Remember, anyone is permitted to share their own personal story based on their own experience. Also, attack the idea, NOT THE PERSON.

Thank you.

Hey sunshynie .. Someone left ?? Haha

How are you feeling ? sleeping any better ?

I'm glad you put in your good experience.

Share with everyone that has gotten worried over all this nonsense

Have you lost anymore ? xo