Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Six Days Post-Op, And I Am Hungry!

I was sleeved six days ago, and I am HUNGRY. Which both disappoints and concerns me.

I was on Clear liquids only for the first four days, so I wasn't surprised to be hungry. But I started Protein Shakes and other full liquids yesterday, and I am still hungry. I had a Protein shake for Breakfast and lunch, and then I had a sugar-free pudding cup for dinner, and I feel like I could eat my arm off.

Help! Why am I hungry? Is this normal???

Hey, I think it is more common than you think. During the liquids phase, I was hungry too but the good news is, once this phase is over and you are able to eat solid foods, you will feel more satisfied although even that takes a little time.

Also, are you taking anything for stomach acid? Sometimes the acid mimics hunger and also supposidly thirst mimics hunger. I also still have to watch myself now when I think I feel hungry to make sure it isnt just my head hunger talking.

It should get better!!!! Just stick with what you are doing, sip on something when you feel hungry and before you know it you will be eating solid foods!

Good luck

For the first month after my sleeve, i was hungry. And i was able to eat more than i thought i was supposed to. But this past week has been a whole different story. No hunger. Zero, zip. I have actually forgotten to eat, and when i do eat, i lose interest after about 4 bites. Weight loss is picking back up, but it means i have to be super careful about choosing foods to get the maximum nutritional value.

My acid reducer had no effect on the hunger, either.

Hang in there, maybe the same thing will happen for you.

i was feeling the same way as you and went searching on youtube:) heres what i found. hope it helps.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndkZudte6J0&feature=plcp

i was feeling the same way as you and went searching on youtube:) heres what i found. hope it helps.

I was sleeved on 11/1/12 & felt the same way. My Nutrtionist informed me I was getting dehydrated which mimics hunger. I was told todrink at least 3 bottles of Water each day along with 2 Protein Drinks & pureed foods. I don't feel hungry all the time anymore. I hope this helps.

Thanks, all! You have made me feel so much better!

I'm so glad to read this because I'm 5 days post-op and stay hungry too. I'm trying my best to drink, drink, drink, but it's hard. I was afraid something was not right because I have had such an easy time and because I am hungry.

I was sleeved six days ago, and I am HUNGRY. Which both disappoints and concerns me.

I was on Clear Liquids only for the first four days, so I wasn't surprised to be hungry. But I started Protein shakes and other full liquids yesterday, and I am still hungry. I had a Protein shake for breakfast and lunch, and then I had a sugar-free pudding cup for dinner, and I feel like I could eat my arm off.

Help! Why am I hungry? Is this normal???

Me too! Sleeved 11/12. Thanks for posting this. I thought that my nightmare has come true (officially the only person the sleeve didn't work). I can take big sips, no problem. Have four ounces of Protein Shake, still feel like I can have more. I keep reading about people who can only take in one or two ounces. Really? I haven't gone off the plan, but I feel like I could have twice as much.

I'm so glad to read this because I'm 5 days post-op and stay hungry too. I'm trying my best to drink, drink, drink, but it's hard. I was afraid something was not right because I have had such an easy time and because I am hungry.

We were sleeved the same day. This is exactly how I feel.

Tatylish, Thanks for the video. It was the best! I immediately felt so much calmer after I watched it. I took the time to watch several other videos he made and I felt like I got a lot of helpful information. You really made a difference in how I feel tonight. God bless you.

i was sleeved 10 days back and am still feeling hungry too ... i dunno what is the cause and is this temporary or not .. am really disappointed and worried

Tatylish' date=' Thanks for the video. It was the best! I immediately felt so much calmer after I watched it. I took the time to watch several other videos he made and I felt like I got a lot of helpful information. You really made a difference in how I feel tonight. God bless you.[/quote']

You are sooooooo welcome Awww! It is hard what we are going through but going go be so worth it in the end. This forum continues to change my life and help me grow more and more everyday :) good luck to both of us lol

Sent from my Samsung G2 using VST

I am 3 weeks out and starving most of the time. I have found that adding Fiber to my Protein Shakes and puddings tends to fill me up better. Being in the puree stage, I also am able to fill up on pureeing meat with canned Soups. I must admit that I am discouraged too though because I was really hoping that the surgery would help me overcome hunger but it hasn't so far. I have also only lost 5 lbs since surgery. I'm not sure that I would have had the surgery if I had known that this would be the result. I actually just bought some appetite suppressants to help me with the hunger. I'm thinking that another way to deal with the hunger though is to make sure that we eat or drink something, no matter how small, every 2 hours. I have to set an alarm to remind myself. I find though that I am much more satiated if I force myself to have something every 2 hours than if I only eat or drink 3 times a day.