Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dallas, Texas Sleevers! !

Hi.. Out here in Rockwall!!

I've been seeing Dr.Kennedy at presbyterian Rockwall hospital.for the sleeve . I am just waiting for insurance then I'll get a date. I'm so excited !

Hi.. Out here in Rockwall!! I've been seeing Dr.Kennedy at presbyterian Rockwall hospital.for the sleeve . I am just waiting for insurance then I'll get a date. I'm so excited !

Hi Rockwall. Royse City here. Insurance wouldn't cover my surgery, so I had to self pay. Had my surgery in October and couldn't be happier. Good luck to you. Follow your doctor's orders, and you'll be fine.

Hi guys!

Sorry I'm a little late to the party, but I just got approved for my surgery date (May 20th) last week! I'm from the Dallas area looking for a bariatric buddy to discuss a few things with. I'm 28yo, female, and my surgeon is Dr. Holden (Dr. Kim's partner). Will be having my surgery done at Texas General Hospital. If anyone can give me any insight on Dr. Holden/Texas General Hospital I'd appreciate it!!! :)

Hi Shubie. I'm having my sleeve done on May 12 by Dr. Kim, also at Texas General, so I'll post how the experience is...

My surgery date is May 15th, nervous & excited! Looking for a buddy to talk through the process / share food ideas, discuss pain issues and just see what works for others! I am a working Mom in my late 40's w/a supportive husband and grown daughter. Just wanting to share with someone going through same thing! Oh and I'm a Dallas area Texan!

Hi Redsmomx3. My sleeve date is just 3 days before yours. I'm a working mom too, but my kids are little. Hubby is very supportive, but the kids are scared for me. This website is really great for all sorts of information. Not only this forum, but others as well. You should check out the May Sleevers forum, as the folks on there will be going through the same issues we are at about the same time, so they have a bunch of useful information. And I'm happy to share and chat with you since I'm just a few days ahead. :)

Hi guys!

Sorry I'm a little late to the party, but I just got approved for my surgery date (May 20th) last week! I'm from the Dallas area looking for a bariatric buddy to discuss a few things with. I'm 28yo, female, and my surgeon is Dr. Holden (Dr. Kim's partner). Will be having my surgery done at Texas General Hospital. If anyone can give me any insight on Dr. Holden/Texas General Hospital I'd appreciate it!!! :)

Dr. Holden did mine Nov. 1 2012 and i have had awesome results!! From my absolute highest of 407 down 222. Im aiming for 199

Awesome!!

Hi guys!

Hi Shubie. I'm having my sleeve done on May 12 by Dr. Kim, also at Texas General, so I'll post how the experience is...

My surgery date is May 15th, nervous & excited! Looking for a buddy to talk through the process / share food ideas, discuss pain issues and just see what works for others! I am a working Mom in my late 40's w/a supportive husband and grown daughter. Just wanting to share with someone going through same thing! Oh and I'm a Dallas area Texan!

Hi Redsmomx3. My sleeve date is just 3 days before yours. I'm a working mom too, but my kids are little. Hubby is very supportive, but the kids are scared for me. This website is really great for all sorts of information. Not only this forum, but others as well. You should check out the May Sleevers forum, as the folks on there will be going through the same issues we are at about the same time, so they have a bunch of useful information. And I'm happy to share and chat with you since I'm just a few days ahead. :)

I was sleeved by Dr. Kim at Texas General with Holden performing my Hernia repair. I liked the hospital and the staff. My surgery went well, however - I was second person there that morning at 5:15am, but second to last to have my surgery. My surgery happed 12/16/13 about 3pm on Monday - I was tired and cranky and Thirsty - apparently one of the surgeries before mine when long, so it pushed everyone back. I started walking the hallways by 10pm that evening, and used the restroom. I kept waking throughout the night and would get up to walk. Probably walked at least 5-6 times before 7am! I finally was given Water by 8am and boy was I happy - until I realized it took me half an hour to drink 1 oz! Haha

I was discharged by 4pm on a Tuesday. Oh and there was another Bariatric Surgeon performing surgeries that day as well. The hospital was actually rather quiet. I think the only reason I kept waking up was the gas pain and having to use the restroom from the IV fluids. They will give you pain medicine as often as you need it, so if your in pain do not Suffer! Im not positive - but I think Texas General is where most of the "cash" patients are sent thru Dr. kim's office.

The nurses were great all the way from Pre-op to surgery day and recovery - there were only bariatric paitents on our floor so they are used to what we have complaints about.

I wish you all well, I do not regret this one second!

if you have any questions - just let me know - I have a pretty good memory and do not mind sharing my experience with others on here!

TTYL!

Tami

@@redsmomX3

I just turned 44 in February - grown daughter and supportive hubby too! Im in North Fort Worth and had my VSG 12/16/13! No regrets!

If you have any questions feel free to reach out!

I joined the December 2013 group and that has been great! I highly recommend you join the May 2014 group - you will all be going thru this together and can support each other. With surgeries happening from the 1st-31st - you will get some immediate insight on the different stages since some will go before you and some after you.

We also started a private Facebook group for our December members and that has been invaluable still!

Good luck next week!

Hi guys!

Hope your surgery went well today! Please do share your experience with us! Would you mind if I message you a couple questions I have about Dr. Holden/TGH? wishing you lots of success and a speedy recovery :)

Hi guys!

Hope your surgery went well today! Please do share your experience with us! Would you mind if I message you a couple questions I have about Dr. Holden/TGH? wishing you lots of success and a speedy recovery :)

Of course! Ask away.... :)

Anybody go to the support group in Rockwall? I think there is one tomorrow night and I'm gonna go. Never been to a support group meeting so I'm not really sure what to expect, but it couldn't hurt right?

I've stalled about twenty pounds from my goal and I need a little help/inspiration!!

I'm currently attending one in Frisco. It's a great inspiration to me. Each group will have its own personality so if you don't like this one find another group.

Anybody go to the support group in Rockwall? I think there is one tomorrow night and I'm gonna go. Never been to a support group meeting so I'm not really sure what to expect, but it couldn't hurt right?

I've stalled about twenty pounds from my goal and I need a little help/inspiration!!

Hi! I live in Forney. Can you tell me where is the support group in Rockwall? I have WLS friends that live nearby that might be interested. Thanks!

 Texas Health

Presbyterian Hospital Rockwall 6:00 - 7:30 PM

Im not sure what room though?

 Texas Health

Presbyterian Hospital Rockwall 6:00 - 7:30 PM

Im not sure what room though?

Thanks for this! It's actually on the list of support groups in my signature, I must have overlooked it.