Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dallas, Texas Sleevers! !

Its over by collyville.... its not hard to find! Awesome staff

Hi! I’m starting a very informal support group in the north suburbs area of Dallas (Plano, Frisco, Allen, etc.). Personally, I'm almost at 7 weeks post-op and have been to one monthly support group meeting here at Forest Park Medical Center, tonight being my second. While I think there's a lot to gain from these meetings, I feel that there can be a lot more to gain by being able to gather more than once a month. Also, I personally feel that the best support out there is each other. Whether you were sleeved years ago, just recently or just thinking about it, there are many of us out there and could truly benefit from one another in an informal setting.

I'd like to kick this off, next Saturday afternoon, February 23rd at 12:30 PM. I don't think there are any weekend support groups locally, and for some of us, I know that weeknights aren't always the easiest time to meet. As many of the other formal support groups seem to meet in the second week of the month, maybe the 4th Saturday (or more if we want to do this more often) would be a nice compliment.

I've chosen to have the first meeting at Season's 52 in Plano. Season's 52 is a nice restaurant that specializes in a healthy fresh menu where every item on the menu is 475 calories or less. The portion sizes aren't overbearing like most other restaurants. I've reserved a back corner of the restaurant where we can just sit and chat about our experiences, our concerns, our questions. If we like the location, we can keep going back or find somewhere else new and fresh that we can rotate around.

I would ask that you RSVP by Thursday, February 21st so that I can let the restaurant know how many of us there will be. I hope that many of you in the area consider joining us!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RSVP by messaging me, through the site.. Please let me know your name, whether you're pre or post op, and how far out you are. If you're just considering WLS, you are more than welcome too! And let me know how many there will be.

Season's 52

7300 Lone Star Dr. Suite 100

Plano, TX 75024

UPDATE: We have 16 people coming so far, from pre-op patients to people who were sleeved over 5 years ago! All are welcome!

Change of plans surgery date is now April 9th. Does anyone know where the trophy club is at? That's where I'm having my surgery at.

Absolutely great staff out there. Amazing so far.

I'm 1 week in on pre op diet, it sucks, but I know it's worth it. I really can't wait to get the surgery done and be on the other side of this. Really looking forward to it right now.

Kev I'll be checking out some support groups as soon as I'm sleeved, I may hit you up whenever I'm sleeved and a few weeks post op. I'd join this weekend, but being so close to surgery and on the pre op diet, not sure going to a restaurant is such a good idea for me right now, haha.

Todays the big day for me. Still seems surreal

Good luck and welcome to a new and healthier you

Thank you.

Todays the big day for me. Still seems surreal

Good luck!!!!!! I'm 6 weeks out today!

Speedy not sorry

Im feeling pretty good just very sore and tired

*** New DFW Area Support Group Meeting ***

I would like to form a very informal support group in the north suburb area of Dallas (Plano' date=' Frisco, Allen, etc.). I'm right at 6 weeks post-op and have been to one monthly support group meeting at Forest Park Medical Center and while I think there's a lot to gain from that, I don't feel that once a month is really all that "supportive". Also, I personally feel that the best support out there is each other. Whether you were sleeved years ago, just recently or just thinking about it, we're all out there and could truly benefit from one another in an informal setting.

I'd like to kick this off, Saturday afternoon, February 23rd. I don't think there are any weekend support groups locally, and for some us, weeknights aren't always the easiest time to meet. As many of the other formal support groups seem to meet in the second week of the month, maybe the 4th Saturday (or more if we want to do this more often) would be a nice compliment.

I've chosen to have the first meeting at Season's 52 in Plano. Season's 52 is a nice restaurant that specializes in a healthy fresh menu where every item on the menu is 475 calories or less. The portion sizes aren't overbearing like most restaurants and I've reserved a back corner of the restaurant where we can just sit and chat about our experiences, our concerns, our questions. If we like the location, we can keep going back or find somewhere else new and fresh that we can rotate around.

Oh and the time is 12:30 PM.

I would ask that you RSVP by Thursday, February 21st so that I can let the restaurant know how many of us there will be. I hope that many of you in the area consider joining us!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RSVP by replying in this forum, messaging me on VST, or emailing me at kev.lev@tx.rr.com. Please let me know you're name, whether you're pre or post op and how far out are you. If you're just considering WLS, you are more than welcome too! And let me know how many there will be.

Season's 52

7300 Lone Star Dr. Suite 100

Plano, TX 75024[/quote']

Did you get my mssg..?? Is this still a go?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Yes this is still on. We have 18 coming so far.. and counting!

Yes this is still on. We have 18 coming so far.. and counting!

Wonderful!! So glad you got this going...mark me on the list!! I've probably been the worst loser ever... totally don't know what I'm doing wrong...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Is it too late to join the group tomorrow. It would be nice to meeet up with some ppl from the forums