Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dallas, Texas Sleevers! !

Hi Dallas area peeps! I was sleeved 12/11/12 by Dr. Kim at Baylor Trophy Club. I've lost 30lbs so far.

Welcome!! You are doing wonderful!!

Dang so sorry I missed meeting you!! I was the very last person on back row to announce my name and "story"..whatnot...Darn it!

That's OK! We probably met is the funny thing! I met Kevin yesterday too! I am the 6' black girl with the curly hair, lol.

That's OK! We probably met is the funny thing! I met Kevin yesterday too! I am the 6' black girl with the curly hair' date=' lol.[/quote']

Omg!! We did talk in the pharmacy!! I was the 5'6" white girl, long blonde hair, bangs and glasses!!! lol

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Welcome!! You are doing wonderful!!

Thanks GlendaLee... I'm gonna try to make it to the support group soon. I'll be one month out tomorrow and I'm sure my husband is tired of me talking about all this sleeve stuff!

That's OK! We probably met is the funny thing! I met Kevin yesterday too! I am the 6' black girl with the curly hair' date=' lol.[/quote']

Oh okay.. i never did get a chance to talk to you. I was trying to make it over to say hi towards the very end.

OMG! I found Kevin.. he was so easy to find!

It was great meeting those of you that I met last night! U agree that it was not the type of meeting that I was expecting, but it was also nice to be able to socialize in small groups and meet one another.

For those that didn't meet me, I'm Kevin. I was sleeved by Dr. Nick 13 days ago on 12/28 at Dallas Presby. I was there a little longer than most due to a blood clot I had in late July and needing to be on heparin two days prior and was there three nights post op. The morning I first went to my pre-op consult, I weighed in at 406.2. Today I am 350.8, down 55.6 lbs! I go to see Dr. Nick for my 2-week post op visit tomorrow. I lost a bunch of weight pre-op as I got to do it a bit longer, due to a medical complication that had me hospitalized 4 days prior to my original scheduled date.

I've met a lot of amazing people on this site and hope to continue to do so as I lean on others and then again, play it forward to those getting started on their journey. Around Thanksgiving, I decided to start a private group page on Facebook as a personal blog about my journey. The link is http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/394325147309225/ if anyone cares to enjoy the journey. I'm not sure if you need to friend me first, if so, please do!

As I was talking to a friend of mine that I made on this site last night, we were thinking of meeting up in the future, for a dinner (or lunch) at a place called Seasons 52 in Plano. It's not the cheapest of places, but all of the food is fresh and amazing and everything on the menu is under 475 calories. It would be cool to meet up once a month there or other places. Another thing I thought would be cool is that veterans could chip in together and treat the new sleevers each time to one of their first meals out!

I live in the Aubrey area and was sleeved at Presby Dallas on 12/17 by Dr. Nicholson.

No complications to note. Have lost a total of 43 pounds including what I lost on the pre-op diet.

Still having problems with Constipation and arthritis.

But other than that I am feeling pretty good.

Found a new wardrobe in my own closet as I did not toss or give away my too small clothes.

They may be a little out of style but will hold off purchasing new for now.

Need to find a support group possibly in the Frisco or Plano area.

Blessings to all pre and post sleevers. May 2013 be your year to shine.

I am told there is a support group meeting at Baylor Plano the 2nd wednesday of every month.

I am also wondering the possibility of putting together our own area support group meeting. Is it necessary to have a nutrionist or a psychiatrist running these groups? Or could a group of sleeve patients just gather and sit around and talk about things and learn from one another?

Hey y'all! I live in downtown dallas and was sleeved by dr hodges in barkers group on 1/9/13! Loving the support I found on this site!

Im originally from Dallas, recently moved to Wilmington DE - always a Dallas girl at heart :)

Sleeved by Dr Scott Stowers in Decatur on 11/21/2012.

39 lbs down as of Jan 13.

A question for any of Dr. Kim's patients.. Did you have to do a sleep study? I am looking to have a revision and have a consult with him next week. I have limited time off and 2 small kids so really don't want to have to do a sleep study too. Thx!!

Yea, he requires it as far as I know. But you don't go in until later at night. Your kids would probably already be asleep or ready for bed.

Yes thin within is right he does require it!

****jumping up and down waving excitedly shouting me, me, me******

I just received my approval over the phone, but my doctor has to get the approval in hand before scheduling my date.

I also noticed that we share the same doctor.

two_boysmom

Whose your doctor ? Congratulations