Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Skinny Women Are Evil

Grayeybeauty, I'm happy you ranted, that person was totally inconsiderate of other people's struggles. I see it as a moment of letting off a little steam, and that's not all. Nothing wrong with that....In fact, most people are not intentionally going out of their way to hurt other people, they do not sensor there mouth.....It hurts other people......Now it's time to lead those insensitive people and when they step over the line, let them know.......When I have a friend that is insensitive, which she is 90% of the time, I will say something like, "Hey, what do you mean by that?" She'll answer and then i tell her how I heard it and she usually gets the message. It's not easy, but life isn't easy either. The most important aspect here is that I feel better about myself. And that is success!! :rolleyes:

As a new size 4 "what might be called skinny" I think she is just a "BULLY"remember, there are old workplace bullies like there are young bullies in elementary school and high school. I would never ever say something like that to someone else. She just wants to be validated and feel powerful by being mean and nasty. I feel sorry for her, just smile at your bully and say a prayer for her also.

It is not uncommon for thinner people to resent an overweight person getting healthier. Just remember, that's their insecurity not yours. Vent and move forward! :-)

Amanda Rae

It is not uncommon for thinner people to resent an overweight person getting healthier. Just remember' date=' that's their insecurity not yours. Vent and move forward! :-)

Amanda Rae[/quote']

You are hanging around the wrong people! That's silly. The majority of people I spend quality time with are in normal health ranges for their weight. They do not resent me for getting healthier...quite the opposite actually.

This continues to be a thread where "Reverse discrimination" is applied. (which would be a term that applies to someone who is discriminated against, then they apply their discrimination to someone who is in another discrimination category).

I've been thin most of my life. I am also a woman who works in a male dominated corporate world. I hate seeing discrimination in any form! Grey I totally get where you were coming from and that didn't bother me. It was the pile on that began to become an issue. Substitute the word "black" for skinny in this thread....does that make you feel what I am reading???

I have to respectfully agree to disagree.

Iggychic I understand what you are saying...and the other posters as well..like I said earlier it was a rant not meant to start anything other then what was said.. and as you stated if I changed the word to black..gay or even ugly it would have taken a turn for something other then what its actual intent was.. here's the thing we all seem to be very intelligent women with very strong willed...who may or may not have had to prove themselves at one point in our lives because of weight..race..for being females..whatever it is so and this is just me when something doesn't seem right we come out fighting...protecting the under dogs...what we need to understand is that every one is entitled to their own view doesn't make the other wrong.

You are hanging around the wrong people! That's silly. The majority of people I spend quality time with are in normal health ranges for their weight. They do not resent me for getting healthier...quite the opposite actually.

This continues to be a thread where "Reverse discrimination" is applied. (which would be a term that applies to someone who is discriminated against' date=' then they apply their discrimination to someone who is in another discrimination category).

I've been thin most of my life. I am also a woman who works in a male dominated corporate world. I hate seeing discrimination in any form! Grey I totally get where you were coming from and that didn't bother me. It was the pile on that began to become an issue. Substitute the word "black" for skinny in this thread....does that make you feel what I am reading???

[/quote']

Discrimination is wrong. Whether its racial, religious, gender, sexual orientation, weight... You get the picture. It is just wrong. It does so much damage.

But I was making a general statement about common reactions to obese people as well as people who lose a lot of weight, as the originator of this thread was referring to a co-worker I believe? And negative reactions towards overweight people are common. As someone who has battled with obesity for as long as I can remember... Well lets just say just because it is ignorant hatred being spewed doesn't mean it won't make you cry. So I agree. The world severely lacks tolerance and empathy. I only hope to be apart of the solution, rather apart of the problem...

I surround myself with supportive quality people from all walks of life who just as vested in being a positive part of my life, as I am in theirs. As it should be.

Amanda Rae

Ps: May I thus rechristen this thread: Intolerant Mean People Are Not Awesome!

Here here...discrimination in any form is discrimination and very wrong to do! Couldn't have said it better!